'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Dean

United States

#3662 Dec 3, 2013
AH, Lord of the Flies was just a book dear boy! Excuse me if you are a female or a shemale.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#3663 Dec 3, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need a list, create one.
It is exactly like the gods, if you need one,
create it.
Perhaps you should get out more often.
See the world, leave Earth TX and visit
another nearby city and see what year it is
there.

Reason, patriotism, and country values
passed on years ago. Are you still voting
for Reagan. Do you know airplanes no longer
have propellers.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3664 Dec 3, 2013
Still waiting for someone to tell me how something can come from nothing without God. None of you can ever answer that question because its absurd.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

#3665 Dec 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Still waiting for someone to tell me how something can come from nothing without God. None of you can ever answer that question because its absurd.
No one has ever said "something comes from nothing" your being silly.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3666 Dec 3, 2013
you are making no sense angel. Do you honestly not realize that at some point something had to have been created? An atom, a molecule, a whatever? Things don't just happen angel. You can have a room of thin air that can sit there for billions of years and nothing is ever going to come of it. Funny how you guys can't grasp this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3667 Dec 3, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
there.
have propellers.
He needs a list of gifts, do you take issue with my decision not to provide him with one?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3668 Dec 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
We agree it is absurd. Maybe you should answer it, since you are the only one who has posed it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#3669 Dec 3, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
there.

have propellers.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3670 Dec 4, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Since the claim "something came from nothing" is a creationist claim attributed to science in order to cast science in a negative light... of course it absurd.

Since, to you, lying is only a sin when done by those that don't follow your particular beliefs... I doubt few here really expect anything more.
LCNLin

United States

#3671 Dec 4, 2013
"Since the claim "something came from nothing" is a creationist claim attributed to science in order to cast science in a negative light... of course it absurd." Tl

Why?
Because it does not fall into your philosophy?

Offer a better description of how materialism does not deal with this theory?

Dallas, TX

#3672 Dec 4, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are making no sense angel. Do you honestly not realize that at some point something had to have been created? An atom, a molecule, a whatever? Things don't just happen angel. You can have a room of thin air that can sit there for billions of years and nothing is ever going to come of it. Funny how you guys can't grasp this.
the simplest way I can explain it to you would be the conservation of mass which states that matter can be changed from one for into another but never destroyed or created.As far as we know, mass cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. Matter can become energy, and energy can become matter, but always according to e=m2. So, when a matter-antimatter reaction occurs, the mass of the matter (and antimatter) is converted to energy of equal mass, which propogates outward in verious forms (heat, light, a kinetic shockwave, sound waves, etc), and gets spread out thinner and thinner throughout the cosmos, but never looses anything in quantity. If you ever found a way to capture all the energy that was released in the reaction, and condense it back together into matter, you would have the same amount of mass as the original amount of material used.

In this intsance what you would call "creation" science would call matter changing from one form to another.

How do these occur? What some might call the hand of God speaking " let there be sky or stars or a moon" is a little more complicated than just speaking it into existance.

Intermolecular attractions are attractions between one molecule and a neighbouring molecule. The forces of attraction which hold an individual molecule together (for example, the covalent bonds) are known as intramolecular attractions. these attractions are how stars are formed. This is how planets are formed and this is how the universe works.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3673 Dec 4, 2013
I guess you just are never going to understand that molecules had to have had been created just like anything. Its a question none of you have ever answered and can't answer yet you continue with your nonsense belief system. Atheism, evolution, etc.are powerful tools satan has used to deceive millions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dallas, TX

#3674 Dec 4, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I guess you just are never going to understand that molecules had to have had been created just like anything. Its a question none of you have ever answered and can't answer yet you continue with your nonsense belief system. Atheism, evolution, etc.are powerful tools satan has used to deceive millions.
Molecules are formed by atoms.Electrons form pairs at the lowest energy level first and work their way outward. An atom with unpaired electrons in the outermost energy level attracts other atoms with unpaired electrons to obtain its full complement of electrons. Unpaired electrons in the highest energy level are called valence electrons; when the valence electrons from two or more atoms form pairs, they are not lost from one atom and gained by another. The atoms share their valence electrons and bond together, forming a molecule.

This is valuable information that some of us have spent large amounts of money and a great deal of our time in order to learn it. Yet, I am giving it to you for free because i feel education is the key to understanding.I hope you benifit from it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3675 Dec 4, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Molecules are formed by atoms.Electrons form pairs at the lowest energy level first and work their way outward. An atom with unpaired electrons in the outermost energy level attracts other atoms with unpaired electrons to obtain its full complement of electrons. Unpaired electrons in the highest energy level are called valence electrons; when the valence electrons from two or more atoms form pairs, they are not lost from one atom and gained by another. The atoms share their valence electrons and bond together, forming a molecule.
This is valuable information that some of us have spent large amounts of money and a great deal of our time in order to learn it. Yet, I am giving it to you for free because i feel education is the key to understanding.I hope you benifit from it.
Alas, your most interesting post is entirely too "sciency" for the likes of antiatheist.

I agree with you, though-- education is the key to understanding the universe.

What's better is that no matter how hard these god-robots try, they cannot argue with **success**.

Literally-- they cannot-- because the very engine they use *to* argue with? Is proof of the success of a scientific approach: the computers that run the Internets. The very computer they compose their "arguments" on, in fact.

Are proof of the success of education and science.

It's most ironic, really.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#3676 Dec 4, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
the simplest way I can explain it to you would be the conservation of mass which states that matter can be changed from one for into another but never destroyed or created.As far as we know, mass cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. Matter can become energy, and energy can become matter, but always according to e=m2. So, when a matter-antimatter reaction occurs, the mass of the matter (and antimatter) is converted to energy of equal mass, which propogates outward in verious forms (heat, light, a kinetic shockwave, sound waves, etc), and gets spread out thinner and thinner throughout the cosmos, but never looses anything in quantity. If you ever found a way to capture all the energy that was released in the reaction, and condense it back together into matter, you would have the same amount of mass as the original amount of material used.
In this intsance what you would call "creation" science would call matter changing from one form to another.
How do these occur? What some might call the hand of God speaking " let there be sky or stars or a moon" is a little more complicated than just speaking it into existance.
Intermolecular attractions are attractions between one molecule and a neighbouring molecule. The forces of attraction which hold an individual molecule together (for example, the covalent bonds) are known as intramolecular attractions. these attractions are how stars are formed. This is how planets are formed and this is how the universe works.
You'd probably sound more intelligent if your were drunken.
Join a Lutheran or Episcopal church and drink the communion
wine. Then repeat what you have posted. You'll have
speaking in tongues down pat.

Have you tried standup comedy ?

Dallas, TX

#3677 Dec 4, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd probably sound more intelligent if your were drunken.
Join a Lutheran or Episcopal church and drink the communion
wine. Then repeat what you have posted. You'll have
speaking in tongues down pat.
Have you tried standup comedy ?
Too many big words and not enough pictures for ya?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3678 Dec 4, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many big words and not enough pictures for ya?
Unfortunately for WarforOil, Topix does not yet support drawings of stick figures rendered in crayon.
Bluebird

United States

#3679 Dec 4, 2013
Totally awesome Washington State!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usamutt.com/blog/post.asp...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3680 Dec 4, 2013
Angel you are either too brainwashed or just willingly ignorant. Do you not understand that these atoms had to have been created? You go back far enough and at some point there was creation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#3681 Dec 4, 2013
Prove it.
antiatheist wrote:
Angel you are either too brainwashed or just willingly ignorant. Do you not understand that these atoms had to have been created? You go back far enough and at some point there was creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min polymath257 239,524
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Zog Has-fallen 19,100
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 31 min Pete-o 7,504
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr woodtick57 7,500
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Pahu 2,219
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 11 hr Rosa_Winkel 134
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 17 hr Knowledge- 6
More from around the web