'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 20 comments on the Jul 5, 2013, NewsOK.com story titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3536 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
All youve done in your above post is cut n paste from old threads which are nothing to do with me.
You treat your 'soup kitchens' as a sambo-splooge dairy
Youre such a BS artist
Well yeah, Shortbus, you did say that I claimed it on here, didn't you? Where else would I get the posts that I wrote, for you to prove yourself, from? And no, my starting or running a food bank had nothing to do with you, and neither did my posts. But you claimed something you cannot back up, and in return for my saying that and proving it, you so happily show us the clean, holy and beautiful difference that having a god made in your life.

Earth,TX

#3537 Nov 17, 2013
Atheists are horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be referring to Skeptic.... aka Pomona Atheist, Bob of QF, and other assorted cruel, do-nothing atheist trash.
Not at all, this is me only. Siro lied. Siro has been proven a liar, and Siro's god has given Siro, what the god and Siro, assume to be ammunition, to be used against me.

Which all adds up to .... there is no god, since what the god has inspired in Siro, is only a reflection of Siro's true self, and nothing to do with me. Siro is unarmed and a delusional fool.

Earth,TX

#3538 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You'll be kissing my ass on the day of your dreaded judgement, just before you are cast into Hell.
Buzz off, you cold-hearted bastard.
Oh, you are so special! I'll bet you are just squirming, waiting for Old J.A.Y. to bare your ass

Earth,TX

#3540 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
Reason Personified wrote: Your beauty, love and humanity, that the lord so richly blessed you with is a shining example to the rest of us, of what Christainity truly is.
Siro says.....how many fucking times do I have to tell you sambo-splooge guzzlers that I am not a Christian???????
btw....leaving the lids off garbage bins or feeding pigeons does not qualify you as a soup kitchen
Well you have never before, told me that, and you have yet to show me the link to the atheist dopers thread, so I will just keep treating you like the filthy religitard that you have proven yourself to be.

You just are not very smart are you. It was like most soup kitchens, a building ..... and not a person
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#3542 Nov 17, 2013
Remember this????
From the thread.. Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Your words RP....
..."For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory)"

I will try to get all of that conversation....

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:
[Nuts]

[Spam]

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It won't last, staying power is not chief among his attributes. He will soon return to his usual putrid and god-deemed idiocy.
----------

Yay....whatever you reckon......
I did a search with your suggestion ' topix.com ''reason personified''soup kitchen'.
And lo and behold! What do I discover?
That Club Maltheist is actually real and travels with you, KittenKoder and Thinking spamming your crap on the Topix islam board.

Reason_Personified = Givemeliberty?.....
You be the judge........
----------

<quoted text>Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.
The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.
The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
----------

But wait folks.....it gets better!!!!

<quoted text>How about you try doing what I did? I died, I bled to death, and there was nothing there. Emergency room personal, refused to give up on me, and after I was dead, a IV line was started in my foot. Which with that and the paddles, things got going again.
I have spent a large part of my adult years as a first responder, I've seen death much more often than I am comfortable with. I've seen people fight it, I've seen people accept it. I've seen people come back from it, and the truth is if they were expecting blue spaceships to carry them to Valhalla, then it would be blue spaceships, that they claimed to have seen, and never does one who is expecting Allah, see Jesus, nor does one who is expecting Poseidon, get to see Pele. The god you are taught that you will see, is who you will imagine, and when you are dead .... the imagining stops.
The people on this planet who will trick you into believing whatever it is, that will benefit them, are too many to count, and you are far from the only one who has been righteously snookered.
----------

As for the rest of the R_P crap...i'll get to it later.....

Earth,TX

#3543 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I find it so easy to make you mad.
Really, do you?

It has been done, just once, on topix, and you were not the one.

Work a bit harder* at it, and I can sorta say that you just may possibly become a bit of an irritant. Maybe, it is possible.

*It will actually take a lot more work from you, but I hate the idea of telling you that you have no chance. It's good to believe that you can accomplish things.

Earth,TX

#3544 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
Remember this????
From the thread.. Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038
Your words RP....
..."For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory)"
I will try to get all of that conversation....
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013
Judged:
[Nuts]
[Spam]
<quoted text>It won't last, staying power is not chief among his attributes. He will soon return to his usual putrid and god-deemed idiocy.
----------
Yay....whatever you reckon......
I did a search with your suggestion ' topix.com ''reason personified''soup kitchen'.
And lo and behold! What do I discover?
That Club Maltheist is actually real and travels with you, KittenKoder and Thinking spamming your crap on the Topix islam board.
Reason_Personified = Givemeliberty?.....
You be the judge........
----------
<quoted text>Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.
The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.
The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
----------
But wait folks.....it gets better!!!!
<quoted text>How about you try doing what I did? I died, I bled to death, and there was nothing there. Emergency room personal, refused to give up on me, and after I was dead, a IV line was started in my foot. Which with that and the paddles, things got going again.
I have spent a large part of my adult years as a first responder, I've seen death much more often than I am comfortable with. I've seen people fight it, I've seen people accept it. I've seen people come back from it, and the truth is if they were expecting blue spaceships to carry them to Valhalla, then it would be blue spaceships, that they claimed to have seen, and never does one who is expecting Allah, see Jesus, nor does one who is expecting Poseidon, get to see Pele. The god you are taught that you will see, is who you will imagine, and when you are dead .... the imagining stops.
The people on this planet who will trick you into believing whatever it is, that will benefit them, are too many to count, and you are far from the only one who has been righteously snookered.
----------
As for the rest of the R_P crap...i'll get to it later.....
Yeah, so get to it, you are proving that you are a liar. Where is the statement that I ran a food bank at age 12?

Earth,TX

#3545 Nov 17, 2013
Reason Personified wrote: Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
----------

Siro translated the above post into "R.P started and ran a soup kitchen at age 12". Now that is some major and creative editing.

Earth,TX

#3546 Nov 17, 2013
How about you try doing what I did? I died, I bled to death, and there was nothing there. Emergency room personal, refused to give up on me, and after I was dead, a IV line was started in my foot. Which with that and the paddles, things got going again.
----------
You only have 15,326 more posts of mine left. I gotta warn you not all of them are so interesting, but you will have a blast, and so will I. Post away!

Still no proof of your claim though, why is that?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#3547 Nov 18, 2013
For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory),

The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
Most soup kitchens feature 'dogma', and with
the proper seasoning you can hardly tell what
kind of 'rover' it was.

Just say no to poverty.
Just say no to drugs.
Just say no to intelligence.

Rational Man speaks super truth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3548 Nov 18, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Most soup kitchens feature 'dogma', and with
the proper seasoning you can hardly tell what
kind of 'rover' it was.
Just say no to poverty.
Just say no to drugs.
Just say no to intelligence.
Rational Man speaks super truth.
Say no to religious mental illnesses.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3550 Nov 18, 2013
reason you are one screwed up individual
christINSANITY is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#3551 Nov 18, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
PROJECTION
google it
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#3552 Nov 19, 2013
If you expect me to go through 15K of posts to find an exact quote, then you must think that you require a sense of utter devotion to you alone.
God complex much?
What I posted serves me more than you
Youve been helping poor people since you were a kid?
You bled out, died and then came back to life?
Jesus complex much?
What a BS artist you are.....
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#3553 Nov 19, 2013
siro is just a bitter and twisted little godbot.

There is no charity in siro yet it's expecting its god to flush for it.
Reason Personified wrote: Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
----------
Siro translated the above post into "R.P started and ran a soup kitchen at age 12". Now that is some major and creative editing.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#3554 Nov 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
siro is just a bitter and twisted little godbot.
There is no charity in siro yet it's expecting its god to flush for it.
<quoted text>
My God is not the internet like yours.
My God who is the only one ever is also known as the God of Abraham. His name is Jehovah
Praise be upon him and his name.
You dont need to be charitable, your wife makes up the difference.
She is charitable to her god, that being the black cherokee speaking pub chef who cooks vegetables for dogs.
HA....HA.....youre a cuckold.....
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#3555 Nov 19, 2013
siro is so easy to wind up. Must be that poor upbringing of "his".
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but you **are** one of those Genuine Christholes™.
Your hate is without limit-- so you **must** belong to a hate-cult.
Silly billy.
But it's cute how frothing at the mouth you get, here.

Earth,TX

#3556 Nov 19, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
That is entirely your own opinion, and entirely invalidated by the words that I have written. I really wish that you could bring yourself to actually respond to a point or two. That you don't, makes me assume that you are incapable of doing so.

Earth,TX

#3557 Nov 19, 2013
Siro wrote:
If you expect me to go through 15K of posts to find an exact quote, then you must think that you require a sense of utter devotion to you alone.
God complex much?
What I posted serves me more than you
Youve been helping poor people since you were a kid?
You bled out, died and then came back to life?
Jesus complex much?
What a BS artist you are.....
Didn't you post these words "As for the rest of the R_P crap...i'll get to it later..... "?

Well, the rest of the R. P. crap could only be the 15,000 + posts of mine. You made a claim, now prove it. There were only a few posts where I used the words "soup kitchen", and you googled that and found posts from several years ago, yet you claim the ones you haven't produced are from just "months ago", so keep looking, they should have already shown up, in your list before the ones you posted.

It's going to take you quite awhile, since I never said it.
And yes, of course I have been helping others all my life, I was raised by Pentecostal missionaries, and no I didn't "come back" from the dead. The doctors worked until they had revived my body.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#3558 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I was raised by Pentecostal missionaries, and no I didn't "come back" from the dead. The doctors worked until they had revived my body.
Now you're demon possessed. Modern medicine
causes that you know. Only removing all your
blood and replacing it with Holy Water will
correct it.

Reasonable Man speaks super power truths.

Next time don't let them revive you.
Go to the light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min James 238,043
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr Glix 394
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 6 hr karvimaker 9,313
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 hr thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 14 hr thetruth 165
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 14 hr thetruth 7,406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 14 hr James 14,604
More from around the web