'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3097 Oct 29, 2013
I hit the button too soon. Point is, why would we want something that is already there? It is you who want it removed.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3098 Oct 29, 2013
well first off I'm not in texas...secondly evolution is not a proven fact of life. Thus the lack of millions of trans fossils. You live in your own little worldly bubble. Again, its Christians who have been forced to read about YOUR view of how life began. Not the other way around.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3099 Oct 29, 2013
you can go to any atheist msg board and the main topic will be how dumb Christians are for believing in God. You go to a Christian msg board and atheism is rarely mentioned. You people are obsessed with us and God.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3100 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you can go to any atheist msg board and the main topic will be how dumb Christians are for believing in God. You go to a Christian msg board and atheism is rarely mentioned. You people are obsessed with us and God.
Again...did I not just explain this to you. Athiests are and will stay upset as long as christians are attempting to take scientific truths out of textbooks, discriminating against people who do not follow there religious laws and/or lifestyles in public service positions, and attempting to force laws into our government that are religious based. We are not obsessed, most are fighting for their rights. Religions labeled us Atheists...we are simply non believers who do not want to be forced to follow your rules based on your faith. What is your problem with that exactly?

Location hidden

#3101 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Also we weren't talking about these forums...as per your words, we were talking about "real life", so why are you bringing up the message boards?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3102 Oct 29, 2013
ha.....see there, you are making my point for me. Poor little atheists can't catch a break. Evolution has been in our textbooks for decades despite the fact that its one of the biggest lies in history. Are you honestly that dumb to believe one species turns into another? I can't seem to get it through your thick skull that there are no transitional fossils to prove this theory. Comprende? Now YOU are the one that is threatened by teaching an opposing view? Christians have had to put up with this one sided nonsense for years and years. Thanks for making my point about crybaby atheists though.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3103 Oct 29, 2013
Evolution is a belief system about the past based on the words of men who were not there
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3104 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well first off I'm not in texas...secondly evolution is not a proven fact of life. Thus the lack of millions of trans fossils. You live in your own little worldly bubble. Again, its Christians who have been forced to read about YOUR view of how life began. Not the other way around.
It amazes me how everything goes over your head! Let me dumb it down for you.

You live in Oklahoma. With me so far?

There are chirstians in Texas who are trying to force the school board to buy books that do not contain the theory of evolution.

Okay, take a deep breath and you can stay with me. You can do it!

I compared you to those people. I didn't say you live in Texas.

Here ya go, champ. Just in case.

com·pare
[kuhm-pair] Show IPA verb, com·pared, com·par·ing, noun

verb (used with object)
to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences: to compare two pieces of cloth; to compare the governments of two nations.

to consider or describe as similar; liken: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

Location hidden

#3105 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha.....see there, you are making my point for me. Poor little atheists can't catch a break. Evolution has been in our textbooks for decades despite the fact that its one of the biggest lies in history. Are you honestly that dumb to believe one species turns into another? I can't seem to get it through your thick skull that there are no transitional fossils to prove this theory. Comprende? Now YOU are the one that is threatened by teaching an opposing view? Christians have had to put up with this one sided nonsense for years and years. Thanks for making my point about crybaby atheists though.
Lmao...ok...lets take evolution off the table... Do you really think that the earth is only 6000 years old?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3106 Oct 29, 2013
is this honestly the only retort you can come up with? Very immature.

Evolution is a belief system...not a fact. If they want to teach one belief system then they should allow the opposing view. What are you afraid of? The kids might actually be taught something other than what you believe? Join the crowd.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3107 Oct 29, 2013
"Crybabies like you in Texas are trying to force the school system to buy new textbooks that don't say anything about evolution"

I believe you should have said "like you AND Texas". "you IN Texas" tells me that you think I'm in Texas. Please don't make me continue to give you English lessons.

Location hidden

#3108 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:

Evolution is a belief system...not a fact. If they want to teach one belief system then they should allow the opposing view. What are you afraid of? The kids might actually be taught something other than what you believe? Join the crowd.
It's not a retort...it's a question...do you think that the earth is only 6000 years old?

Location hidden

#3109 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:

Also, do you not think that children who attend church do not get taught the religious point of view from their book at their church??? Isn't that why you have church???
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3110 Oct 29, 2013
what you don't seem to understand is that evolution is also a religion. You can't prove how old the earth is, that we evolved from apes, etc. This is all unproven. Do I believe the earth is 6000 yrs old? Of course I do. Why would I not? You believe its several billions of years old right? Thats what your religion teaches. Nobody was there...you can't observe it or replicate it. Its all a guess
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3111 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
"Crybabies like you in Texas are trying to force the school system to buy new textbooks that don't say anything about evolution"
I believe you should have said "like you AND Texas". "you IN Texas" tells me that you think I'm in Texas. Please don't make me continue to give you English lessons.
No, dumbass, you belive wrong. I only ommitted commas. Read it with the commas.

"Crybabies, like you, in Texas are trying to force the school system to buy new textbooks that don't say anything about evolution"

If you want to "teach" you must first learn. Now, stop nit-picking punctuation, and say something at least semi-intelligent.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3112 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I don't get it.
Smartest thing you have ever said.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3113 Oct 29, 2013
"Crybabies, like you, in Texas are trying to force the school system to buy new textbooks that don't say anything about evolution"

lol and you honestly think that sentence makes sense? Me, in Texas? ha......man you can't even understand English. Let me teach you one more time. Maybe you meant to say "like you, AND Texas". See how that makes more sense? And you expect me to actually take you seriously?
Jesse

United States

#3114 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Evolution is a belief system about the past based on the words of men who were not there
ok. so you are basing your belief system about the past on words of men about something you cannot see, quantify or duplicate, but on 'faith' alone accept.

I think I agree with Bud.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3115 Oct 29, 2013
Jason wrote:
Bud has it right. You need to back off your preaching because you aren't gifted as a teacher of GOD.
Nobody is, silly person!

If a person was **truly** experiencing **divine** support?

What mere mortal could stand against such an advantage?

It would be as if the "god-gifted" person had...SUPER POWERS!

Is this the case?

Nope-- all such self-styled "god's gifts" are universally egomaniacs -- without exception.

That's not a super power at all-- that's as common as ...

... politicians.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3116 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
what you don't seem to understand is that evolution is also a religion. You can't prove how old the earth is, that we evolved from apes, etc. This is all unproven. Do I believe the earth is 6000 yrs old? Of course I do. Why would I not? You believe its several billions of years old right? Thats what your religion teaches. Nobody was there...you can't observe it or replicate it. Its all a guess
You are batshit insane, then... seriously.

Get some mental help before you kill someone...

... again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Out of the Night 70,612
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min IB DaMann 30,658
Where have all the Atheists gone? 30 min nanoanomaly 121
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min Into The Night 258,477
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr crap finder 3,867
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) Sun Eagle 12 70,633
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat John 14,736
More from around the web