'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3055 Oct 28, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't know that Muslims believe in god. Wow.
This is I_See_You... I had to open a different account because the other account only works on my phone now for some reason. By the By it never ceases to amaze me that when someone says religious folk some people want to start naming denominations or give a list of religions.... no matter the label, they are still religious folk :)
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3056 Oct 28, 2013
Brandi1981 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is I_See_You... I had to open a different account because the other account only works on my phone now for some reason. By the By it never ceases to amaze me that when someone says religious folk some people want to start naming denominations or give a list of religions.... no matter the label, they are still religious folk :)
Yep!
Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3057 Oct 28, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL$H#T BULL$H#T BULL$H#T
Apparently he/she doesn't know how the reply button works, or how the forums work lol. I call bull$h#t as well.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3058 Oct 28, 2013
you act like being religious is a bad thing. Its actually a wonderful thing.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3059 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
bob I ignore 99% of what you say cause, well, you are insane my friend.
No-- you ignore it, because I prove what a moron you are.

I just did it again: All fossils are transitional.

All of them.

And you are still a moron.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#3060 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
quit using the bogus "all fossils are transitional" nonsense. We aren't transitioning into some kind of super human. We both know we are talking about fossils that show man transitioning into what we are today. They don't exist. The only response you guys have to is start the immature name calling. Scientists have been searching for the missing link like crazy for many, many years and...nothing. Admit its a huge problem for secularlists
All fossils are transitional. That basically means changing, and since we all continue to change(evolve), all are and will continue to be transitional.
Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3061 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Its a horrible thing when it's taken too far, and there are many that take it way to far. I have no problem with religion as long it doesn't affect other peoples personal lives...:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3062 Oct 28, 2013
Brandi1981 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a horrible thing when it's taken too far, and there are many that take it way to far. I have no problem with religion as long it doesn't affect other peoples personal lives...:)
I as well-- religion should be a private thing between the believer and his or her deity-of-choice.

Trying to force said deity onto others is where the harm begins.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3063 Oct 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I as well-- religion should be a private thing between the believer and his or her deity-of-choice.

Trying to force said deity onto others is where the harm begins.
:-)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3064 Oct 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion affects people's personal lives, whether it be children or the laws created in society based on this stupid sh*t.

Nobody is immune from the touch of religious mental illness.

We can see it everywhere, in our city skylines, to our libraries - the liars have negatively impregnated every open crevice of society with religious fraud.

They will find people who are suffering and use their emotional turmoil to brainwash them towards their god lie.

This is how despicable faith really is. It has no shame or remorse and doesn't care about whether what it does to its victims is right or not.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3065 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
extreme atheists, extreme religious......doesn't really matter. Crazy people can claim to be whatever they want.
Correct. Like YOU claiming to be a christian, yet spitting on the very concept with virtually every post.

Your 'gawd' must be soooo proud. LOL!
Ocean56

AOL

#3066 Oct 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
Then why are you even HERE?
Seems like you very much want to "bother them about it." That's your whole reason for being on this Atheist message board.
Thanks. You saved me the trouble of typing what would have been almost exactly the same thing.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

#3067 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
1. no actually I got on here because it just randomly came up on my list of topics. I looked at it, saw you guys were bashing Christians as usual, and decided to defend myself. You never see a Christian topic that goes out of there way to constantly degrade atheists. 2. Bottom line is that you guys are not used to being challenged and you can't handle it. It just drives you so crazy that you are a fringe group at best and the vast majority of people believe in God.
1. Riiiiiiiiiiight. And someday maybe elephants will fly.@@

2. Actually, I think the bottom line for YOU is that YOU aren't used to the fact that there are many people, myself included, that DON'T buy the insanity and superstition that Christianity and other religions have been trying to sell as "fact." It just drives YOU so crazy that we can reject the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches with no penalties, at least in the U.S. Too bad.

If YOU want to waste your life believing in a load of church-based nonsense, that's your decision. I'm grateful every day it doesn't have to be mine.
Ocean56

AOL

#3068 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
For YOU, obviously. For me, religion SUCKS, which is why I cheerfully kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb 25+ years ago. I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made. It's wonderful how much freedom a person has when he/she ISN'T mentally chained to some religious institution.

I love being god-, church- and religion-FREE.
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#3069 Oct 29, 2013
" ...We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet,

will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old."
Joe1977

NyĆ­rtass, Hungary

#3070 Oct 29, 2013
A great article about the religions:

http://religions-in-the-world.blogspot.com
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3071 Oct 29, 2013
ha freedom? I certainly don't feel "chained" by God. God actually enhances my life greatly. Actually, its you guys that seem angry all the time.

On the trans fossil thing, your "all fossils are transitional" is simply a case of you dodging the real problem. We both know there should be millions of transitional fossils and there aren't.
Jason

United States

#3072 Oct 29, 2013
Bud has it right. You need to back off your preaching because you aren't gifted as a teacher of GOD.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3073 Oct 29, 2013
ahhh another atheist insult. A serious question, why are atheists so angry? You claim to be so free of religious constraints yet you are some of the most unhappy people I've ever seen.
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#3074 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ahhh another atheist insult. A serious question, why are atheists so angry? You claim to be so free of religious constraints yet you are some of the most unhappy people I've ever seen.
Atheists believe in NOTHING and are defensive about it.
Go figure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Science 32,988
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr replaytime 81,558
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 hr Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web