'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3034 Oct 28, 2013
Christians aren't against science. We are against belief systems being disguised as science. Lets face it, we all have the same evidence. Its just that we interpret it differently. I've always said, if an atheist doesn't want to believe in God than thats perfectly fine. Nobody will bother them about it. However, it just seems to really bother atheists that there are Christians. It just totally rubs them the wrong way for someone to believe in God. I can't understand why it would even matter to them.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3035 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I've always said, if an atheist doesn't want to believe in God than thats perfectly fine. Nobody will bother them about it.
Then why are you even HERE?

Seems like you very much want to "bother them about it." That's your whole reason for being on this Atheist message board.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3037 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
They have searched high and low for this missing link that has never materialized.
GIve us a link to any accredited university's biology website or any science journal site, etc. that says there is a "missing link" and that evolution has a big problem because no one can find the "missing link."

No links to Jesus Freak "creationist" websites by people who are scientifically ignorant and working a deceptive agenda.

REAL science websites that claim there is a missing link."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3038 Oct 28, 2013
no actually I got on here because it just randomly came up on my list of topics. I looked at it, saw you guys were bashing Christians as usual, and decided to defend myself. You never see a Christian topic that goes out of there way to constantly degrade atheists. Bottom line is that you guys are not used to being challenged and you can't handle it. It just drives you so crazy that you are a fringe group at best and the vast majority of people believe in God.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3039 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I've always said, if an atheist doesn't want to believe in God than thats perfectly fine. Nobody will bother them about it.
your bull$hit seems to be flowing extra heavy today.

1.YOU ARE ON AND ATHEIST FORUM BOTHERING ATHEIST FOR EXPRESSING THEIR BELIEFS.

2.YOUR NAME IS ANTIATHEIST

3. YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOUR WHOLE POINT IS JUST TO MAKE FUN OF ATHEISTS THEN WHEN WE CALL YOU OUT ON IT YOU SAY WERE BEING TO SENSITIVE.

do you not see that this is not a very live and let live way to act?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3040 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well first of all ... there aren't millions of trans fossils in the smithsonian or anywhere else for that matter. Secondly, the fossils you gave me a link to are not trans fossils. They are fossils of apes and the "scientists" take a huge leap to connect them to modern day man. There are no transitional fossils of the missing link that they have been searching for for many years. There is also a lot of artistic expression going on.

"Artist John Gurche used the latest forensic techniques, fossil discoveries, and 20 years of experience to create the lifelike head reconstructions of early humans on display in the Hall of Human Origins, as well as the full-body reconstruction of the fossil nicknamed "Lucy" (AL 288-1). The painstaking process required a detailed knowledge of human and ape anatomy. It took Gurche 2½ years to complete these busts. Gurche also created the five bronze statues of different early human species on display in the Hall of Human Origins."
Lol...and the most amusing part is...that you still have no understanding of how it works lol. They weren't painting the Mona Lisa sweetheart...any drawings done come from items found. As I've said before though, you can believe whatever you want...even if evolution didn't exist your god answer still doesn't cover it ;-)
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3041 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
no actually I got on here because it just randomly came up on my list of topics. I looked at it, saw you guys were bashing Christians as usual, and decided to defend myself. You never see a Christian topic that goes out of there way to constantly degrade atheists. Bottom line is that you guys are not used to being challenged and you can't handle it. It just drives you so crazy that you are a fringe group at best and the vast majority of people believe in God.
A.) We "bash" you asshole Christians because this Atheism board is infested with Christians who want to come over and proselytize and CHristians like you who just want to troll for attention and reactions, etc.

B.) no one was ever attacking you (until you came on and made a Jerk for Jesus of yourself, and therefore made yourself a target.

C.) We are VERY used to being challenged and we have made minced meat out of you on subjects such as the bible and evolution, etc. So yes, we can very much "handle" third-rate minds like you. We've done it for years.

D.) and again you lied earlier when you said, "I've always said, if an atheist doesn't want to believe in God than thats perfectly fine. Nobody will bother them about it." If you REALLY believed that, you wouldn't be here.

Location hidden

#3042 Oct 28, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>He is amusing to read!
Do not expect logic!

Lol...you would not be one to talk about logic ;-)
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3043 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
It just totally rubs them the wrong way for someone to believe in God.
I can't speak for all atheists, but it doesn't bother me that people believe in god until it affects me personally. If you come to an athiest thread and proclaim god is real you have to expect a "no he's not" or two.
9/11 affected me and it was carried out by people who belive in god. Why do you suppose god was on the terrorists' side?

Location hidden

#3044 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Lmao!!! You had lives a very sheltered life my dear.

Location hidden

#3045 Oct 28, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for all atheists, but it doesn't bother me that people believe in god until it affects me personally. If you come to an athiest thread and proclaim god is real you have to expect a "no he's not" or two.
9/11 affected me and it was carried out by people who belive in god. Why do you suppose god was on the terrorists' side?
Exactly!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3046 Oct 28, 2013
ha........now blaming 911 on Christians. Unbelievable.

Location hidden

#3047 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Not on christians, but religious freaks in general.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3048 Oct 28, 2013
no actually it was just muslims. Come on now you can say it.....muuuuusssslllllimmmmmss ss. See it wasn't that hard.

Location hidden

#3049 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
no actually it was just muslims. Come on now you can say it.....muuuuusssslllllimmmmmss ss. See it wasn't that hard.
Yes...muuuuuusssssslllliiimmmm mmsssss...the ones who are extremist religious freaks my dear ;-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3050 Oct 28, 2013
extreme atheists, extreme religious......doesn't really matter. Crazy people can claim to be whatever they want.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3051 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You apparently have a reading comp problem, so I'll be gentle. I said, " 9/11 affected me and it was carried out by people who belive in god. Why do you suppose god was on the terrorists' side?"

Now, I know christians think they are the only cult who belive in god, but you are wrong. So lose the christian attitude and answer the question.
Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3052 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
extreme atheists, extreme religious......doesn't really matter. Crazy people can claim to be whatever they want.
CORRECT!!! This is I_See_You by the way, and that is the first thing that you've ever said that I can agree with :D
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3053 Oct 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...muuuuuusssssslllliiimmmm mmsssss...the ones who are extremist religious freaks my dear ;-)
He didn't know that Muslims believe in god. Wow.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3054 Oct 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
BULL$H#T BULL$H#T BULL$H#T

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min The Northener 33,829
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr ChristineM 23,865
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 20,040
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 255,480
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 1 hr superwilly 151
There are no such things as gods or fairies 2 hr Eagle 12 72
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 4,443
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr ChristineM 14,797
More from around the web