'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2994 Oct 27, 2013
JACE IS JOBLESS wrote:
<quoted text>Judging by the jokes that she makes about herself I think she would even want to use it.
Ms Rivers has a deep and self-effacing sense of humor-- you are likely correct.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2995 Oct 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny that you use the word hypocrite. So do I. I think the worse thing I can be judged for is being a hypocrite. Just because I claim to be a Christian doesn't give me the right to claim I'm better than anyone else, doing so would make me a hypocrite, because no Christian is without sin or contempt. Wouldn't you agree?
Well... that would depend on what you mean by "sin".

As I have come to realize, that "sin" is **strictly** in the eyes of the beholder-- not everyone agrees what it is.

Since there is no universal definition? Then I cannot agree that everyone is subject to it.

However, if you are trying to say that nobody is perfect?

I wholeheartedly agree-- nobody is perfect.

That's the point of learning something new, as often as you are able.

But to condemn a person, because they are not perfect, is to condemn yourself as well.

And even worse? That means you **must** also condemn newborns!

That is a horrible world-view: if everyone is to be condemned? Then everyone is the same as worthless.

Not a good outlook.
So What wrote:
When you proclaim your a Christian that is what you are really admitting to, not that your better than others. I've always had issues with people that do. I consider them hypocrites.
Well... there are, at the last count, more than 40,000 **different** groups who call themselves "christian".

Which one is correct? They cannot **all** be correct! The various branches have beliefs that directly contradict the others'.

That is no way to run a reality! Reality cannot bend to fit each of the 40,000 **different** versions.

That fact alone, convinces me that there is no **divine** behind any of them--

-- because a christian group who did have divinity behind it?

Would soon overtake all the others-- within a few generations, it would **dominate** all the rest.(statistical distribution will prove this statement)

What mere human agency could compete with a divine one?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2996 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
they have been found? Wow you need to hold a press conference with this ground breaking information. Really, there should be millions yet there have been none ever found. Sure, there are a few artistic renditions of these fossils and a few highly questionable "examples" but thats about it. Hard to believe you atheists can't see the problem with this. Guess that just shows how strong the cult of atheism is
All fossils are transitional.

All of them-- and yes, there **were** press conferences aplenty.

You simply were not invited-- you lack the education to understand.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2997 Oct 27, 2013
lol dinosaurs?? Sorry man but you make no sense. You think the bible's purpose was to talk about dinosaurs?

Again, where are the trans fossils....you have no answer
Jason

United States

#2998 Oct 27, 2013
What about that skull they found and it was reported it changes many of the scientific assumptions I mean theories concerning the development of man?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2999 Oct 27, 2013
that skull they found? lol come on. There should be millions of these fossils and there aren't. It proves things don't evolve from one species into another.
Bud

United States

#3000 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
that skull they found? lol come on. There should be millions of these fossils and there aren't. It proves things don't evolve from one species into another.
No you misunderstand it was the variation of the skulls found where there is as many variations as with modern man. They didn't expect that.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3001 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
As far as our human ancestry:

Ardipithecus ramidus
Australopithecus anamensis
Australopithecus afarensis
Australopithecus africanus
Australopithecus garhi
Paranthropus aethiopicus
Paranthropus boisei
Paranthropus robustus
Homo habilis
Homo rudolfensis
Homo ergaster
Homo erectus
Homo heidelbergensis
Homo neanderthalensis
Homo sapiens

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3002 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol dinosaurs?? Sorry man but you make no sense. You think the bible's purpose was to talk about dinosaurs?
It **should** have been at least mentioned.

But-- it's not.

Because the bible-writers were ignorant goat-f**kers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3003 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Again, where are the trans fossils....you have no answer
Pick one-- any fossil will do-- it's transitional.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3004 Oct 27, 2013
Jason wrote:
What about that skull they found and it was reported it changes many of the scientific assumptions I mean theories concerning the development of man?
What about it? It does not disprove evolution, it, in fact, is well within the theory's projections.

It's only a detail of refinement.

That is how science works: the theories keep getting refined better and better as more and more evidence proves them true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3005 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
There should be millions of these fossils and there aren't.
Why?

Do you have a CLUE how a fossil is even formed?

Seriously?

You seriously need to get an actual education.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3006 Oct 27, 2013
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
No you misunderstand it was the variation of the skulls found where there is as many variations as with modern man. They didn't expect that.
Yep--it's just a refinement of the details.

It does not in any way disprove the basic theory of evolution.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3007 Oct 27, 2013
gillette your copy and paste skills are amazing. Again, there are no trans fossils. Its an irritating fact evolutionists must deal with even if they don't like it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3008 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
gillette your copy and paste skills are amazing. Again, there are no trans fossils. Its an irritating fact evolutionists must deal with even if they don't like it.
One more time, since you are so dimwitted:

**ALL** fossils are transitional.

All of them.

http://www.talkorigins.org/
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3009 Oct 27, 2013
bob I ignore 99% of what you say cause, well, you are insane my friend.
Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3010 Oct 27, 2013
Jason wrote:
Don't mind Anti.... he/she ignores all things that can actually be seen. The Smithsonian would house most of this kind of information :D
Jason

United States

#3011 Oct 27, 2013
Brandi1981 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mind Anti.... he/she ignores all things that can actually be seen. The Smithsonian would house most of this kind of information :D
Thanks
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3012 Oct 27, 2013
they have millions of trans fossils? I've been to the smithsonian.........they weren't there
Anonymous

Benton, KY

#3013 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
they have millions of trans fossils? I've been to the smithsonian.........they weren't there
LOL...well now you for sure look silly.... darlin ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min One way or another 43,220
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min Eagle 12 18,568
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,172
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Eagle 12 10,051
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr Eagle 12 753
A Universe from Nothing? 4 hr Into The Night 538
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 4 hr Patrick 465
More from around the web