'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,545

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Read more
So What

Mcloud, OK

#2974 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
anyone found any transitional fossils yet? Didn't think so
What about Joan Rivers?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2975 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
http://darwiniana.org/transitionals.htm

Transitional Fossil Species And Modes of Speciation

http://www-news.uchicago.edu/releases/06/0604...

Newly found species fills evolutionary gap between fish and land animals

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2976 Oct 26, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Several years ago right after my husband and I married we decided to move to the West Coast. I guess I was blissfully unaware how truly evil some people can be to children but I soon got an education. It changes you when you deal with people who were horribly abused as children the damage done is scaring for the rest of their lives.
Salad bar? I guess in a way I understand that description. I believe in certain principals in life a personal guide if you will my personal compass. I don't hate all religions. But I do hate blind faith in religious leaders who clearly manipulate for their own benefit and power.
Anyway, I appreciate your efforts to make things better in those people's life.
I still cannot bear it, whenever I read about kids being hurt-- it doesn't matter what the cause, it saddens me to read about it.

The experience I had, when helping those children, is part of why I can no longer believe in a god who cares.

What sort of deity sits by doing nothing, when innocent kids are being hurt?

Free will has nothing to do with this one-- kids are innocent, and should not have to suffer.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2977 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Yes.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2978 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You claim you don't believe in God, but yet you pretend your God. I find that odd behavior, not the you don't believe part, but the part where you claim to know facts about people without even knowing the person.
I wonder what psychosis that would be classified as?
I do not pretend to be god.

I simply point out the hypocrisy of people who do.

And the hypocrisy is huge-- it's seldom when a True Believerô is not also a hypocrite.

The bible is so self contradictory, that it is impossible to follow it, without being hypocritical in one or more ways.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2979 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Yeah...there's been many of them found. Not by me of course, but they've been found ;-)... But you already knew that didn't you :-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2980 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>What about Joan Rivers?
Lol

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2981 Oct 26, 2013
godisdead wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a foster home in Euless, Texas. It was the home of upstanding church members who would force us to go to church every Sunday A.M. and Sunday P.M. and Wednesday night. The walls were thoroughly decorated with pictures of jesus and crucifixes.
I was eleven years-old and was made responsible for three babies under one year old. I was forced to feed, bathe, and dress these kids. My little brother was nine and had to care for one baby.
Friday nights the foster parents would throw one hell of a cocktail party and we kids had to stay upstairs and keep the babies quiet.
The father of the house had a ping pong paddle he was fond of using for ANY reason he could think of. I got my ass beat at least twice a week for not "doing my chores in a timely manner" or some other weak reason. I think he just liked whipping young boys. Real christian.
After a couple of years praying for god to get me out of the house, or at least make the man stop beating me, I finally gave up and figured out that there was no god, or else he didn't care about me, so I had better quit asking him for help and help myself.
I told my little brother that it was time for us to leave. When the foster parents were asleep we sneaked out of the house and took off. We made it to Van Alstyne, Texas where my little brother was struck and killed by a car. I guess god was asleep.
That is horrible-- I am so sorry you had to endure that, and even more that your brother was struck down before his time.

I agree: child abuse is proof there are no gods, anywhere.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2982 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>What about Joan Rivers?
Now that is funny, I don't care who you are!

:D
Smell the Coffee

Twinsburg, OH

#2983 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You claim you don't believe in God, but yet you pretend your God. I find that odd behavior, not the you don't believe part, but the part where you claim to know facts about people without even knowing the person.
I wonder what psychosis that would be classified as?
He and many of us don't need a sky daddy and his kid, that the barbarian sky daddy decides to sacrifice, using fear so their worshippers can behave in society. Pretty pathetic people need a book of insane stories and fear to act civilized.
JACE IS JOBLESS

Mcloud, OK

#2984 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny, I don't care who you are!
:D
Judging by the jokes that she makes about herself I think she would even want to use it.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#2985 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not pretend to be god.
I simply point out the hypocrisy of people who do.
And the hypocrisy is huge-- it's seldom when a True Believerô is not also a hypocrite.
The bible is so self contradictory, that it is impossible to follow it, without being hypocritical in one or more ways.
It's funny that you use the word hypocrite. So do I. I think the worse thing I can be judged for is being a hypocrite. Just because I claim to be a Christian doesn't give me the right to claim I'm better than anyone else, doing so would make me a hypocrite, because no Christian is without sin or contempt. Wouldn't you agree?

When you proclaim your a Christian that is what you are really admitting to, not that your better than others. I've always had issues with people that do. I consider them hypocrites.
Majix

United States

#2986 Oct 26, 2013
JACE IS JOBLESS wrote:
<quoted text>Judging by the jokes that she makes about herself I think she would even want to use it.
SoWhat or Sowhat?
So What

Mcloud, OK

#2987 Oct 26, 2013
Majix wrote:
<quoted text>
SoWhat or Sowhat?
Neither it's So What

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2988 Oct 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the creationist troll poster, "educated what" back for more embarrassment and shame.
Well, then we should dish as much as possible of both, shouldn't we?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2989 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
As it has been repeatedly explained to you, all fossils are transitional.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2990 Oct 27, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny that you use the word hypocrite. So do I. I think the worse thing I can be judged for is being a hypocrite. Just because I claim to be a Christian doesn't give me the right to claim I'm better than anyone else, doing so would make me a hypocrite, because no Christian is without sin or contempt. Wouldn't you agree?
When you proclaim your a Christian that is what you are really admitting to, not that your better than others. I've always had issues with people that do. I consider them hypocrites.
You're just a simple minded liar with no proof of god at the end of the day.

Location hidden

#2991 Oct 27, 2013
This is the troll that tried to convince us about a year ago that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2992 Oct 27, 2013
they have been found? Wow you need to hold a press conference with this ground breaking information. Really, there should be millions yet there have been none ever found. Sure, there are a few artistic renditions of these fossils and a few highly questionable "examples" but thats about it. Hard to believe you atheists can't see the problem with this. Guess that just shows how strong the cult of atheism is

Location hidden

#2993 Oct 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
they have been found? Wow you need to hold a press conference with this ground breaking information. Really, there should be millions yet there have been none ever found. Sure, there are a few artistic renditions of these fossils and a few highly questionable "examples" but thats about it. Hard to believe you atheists can't see the problem with this. Guess that just shows how strong the cult of atheism is
Your failed cult has no answers for dinosaurs existing, shame on your lack of education, shame on you for spreading religious stupidity far and wide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min Mr_SKY 6,201
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 236,715
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Lumatrix 14,488
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 hr Freebird USA 9,205
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr Patrick n Angela 17,895
News Atheist monument to counter ten commandments (Jul '13) 9 hr Patrick n Angela 11
News The Consequences of Atheism 10 hr thetruth 1,098
More from around the web