'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2911 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ugly person.
Yes... yes you are.

Very Jesus you are too, to try to belittle others you do not even know.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2912 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ohhh gillette your immature name calling continues. Now you have resorted to quoting scripture? Ha...good one. How does it feel to be owned? Get a life
I see no response to Angel...funny how you start to completely ignore people when you know that are right. ;-).
So What

Newalla, OK

#2913 Oct 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you do need such a thing.
Did you not admit that the **Only** thing keeping you from going on a shooting rampage is your fear of your god.
LOL! I never said I fear God, Is your mission to reach 80,000 posts really worth destroying your creditability?
So What

Newalla, OK

#2914 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
can you show me where in that article it says you go to heaven just because of "who you are"? He is simply saying God will forgive anyone...even an atheist. Jesus Himself said He was the only way.
Jesus was referring to giving his life to forgive everyone's sins.

Do you really believe that God doesn't have the power to accept whomever he wants into Heaven?

There are a lot of a arguable contradictions in the Bible, but I don't believe God's limitations of power is one of them. Please feel free to prove me wrong.
Ocean56

AOL

#2915 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha well I know I must be getting under your skin when you start the name calling. Guess its hard to defend your ignorant remarks so name calling is all you have left.
Since you either can't or won't use the "reply" option when posting, it's impossible to know which posts you're replying to.

However, I can assure you that you're not getting under MY skin. But hey, feel free to believe that if that's what makes you feel "superior" to atheists. Furthermore, there's nothing to "defend." I guess you're still pissed that we're not as "troubled" as you WISH we were. Tough luck.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2916 Oct 26, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
"Very well" showed me at work what an idiot you are. You should be ashamed of what you promote. You are full of hatred.
Religious liars get offended easily when they realise that have no proof of god and that their very existence is threatened by hard facts.

They would rather imagine a happy afterlife than work hard in this one.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2917 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was referring to giving his life to forgive everyone's sins.
Its meaningless to talk about the finer points of the mental illness that is creationism, until the liars can prove the god they claim created the entire universe.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2918 Oct 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its meaningless to talk about the finer points of the mental illness that is creationism, until the liars can prove the god they claim created the entire universe.
You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but why you feel you should insult everyone that does believe in a god, leads me to believe that you are of low moral character, because not all people that believe in a god, have insulted you. That's just MY opinion, feel free to disrespect it all you want.

Please enlighten me on just how the "entire universe", was created, because everything I have read is just theory. I have already stated that I'm not a devout Creationist Christian, so I'm very much interested to here what proof you have of how the "entire universe" was created. Please feel free to insult me, if it helps you to prove you know something that nobody else is willing to say is more than just theory.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2919 Oct 26, 2013
Of course Jesus gave his life so we could have eternal life. You still have to accept Him though. Can atheists repent and be forgiven? Of course, but they won't have eternal life in heaven if they die in their current state. So What you are a big problem because you don't even know what you are talking about yet you tell all these atheists that they are going to heaven. Thats a complete lie
Jessup

United States

#2920 Oct 26, 2013
Why argue with a non-believer? Waste of time isn't it? So don't argue with a person that has a closed mind.

Why not suggest they google 'former atheist' and read about reformed non-believers and why they came to a different conclusion.

Very prominent individuals are in this category.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2921 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I never said I fear God, Is your mission to reach 80,000 posts really worth destroying your creditability?
You are so obviously jealous, I know.

I am so sorry for your loss (of sanity).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2922 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was referring to giving his life to forgive everyone's sins.
And yet? You continuously sin by posting hate-filled lies.

Interesting: your Jewsus(jesus) died in vain, didn't he?

At least in **your** case-- he did.

(of course-- he never existed at all, and therefore never died, so you are good to go-- keep spreading your hate-- it proves your Jewsus is just a myth-- for allowing YOU to continue)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2923 Oct 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars get offended easily when they realise that have no proof of god and that their very existence is threatened by hard facts.
They would rather imagine a happy afterlife than work hard in this one.
He is stealing his company's time-- wasting it on Topix.

I wonder if his boss knows?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2924 Oct 26, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but why you feel you should insult everyone that does believe in a god,
Because the god you believe in?

Is a horrid monster-- you believe in a god who uses infinite torture to get and keep followers.

That's pure evil, bub.

THAT is why you are so deserving of insults.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2925 Oct 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Of course Jesus gave his life so we could have eternal life.
Jewsus(jesus)? Never existed-- zero historical facts show this "jesus" character was real.

None.

Not a single historian who was alive during his alleged life, wrote a single thing about him.

So it's all hogwash invented to control the stupid and the gullible.

(that would be you-- on both accounts)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2926 Oct 26, 2013
Jessup wrote:
Why argue with a non-believer? Waste of time isn't it? So don't argue with a person that has a closed mind.
So why are YOU here, then?

LMAO!
Jessup

United States

#2927 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
So why are YOU here, then?
LMAO!
Did someone hurt your sensitive feelings causing your tail feathers to bend backwards? LOL.

I'm not offering an argument Sherlock, it was a simple suggestion the choice is free to take advantage or not.
Jessup

United States

#2928 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Jewsus(jesus)? Never existed-- zero historical facts show this "jesus" character was real.
None.
Not a single historian who was alive during his alleged life, wrote a single thing about him.
So it's all hogwash invented to control the stupid and the gullible.
(that would be you-- on both accounts)
Suggestion for some light reading: Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly
New York Times Best Seller written as a historical accounting instead of from a religious accounting of the life of Jesus.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#2929 Oct 26, 2013
That man writes absolutely nothing that is factual. Surely you realize that, don't you? I really hope you do realize that he's a liar. As for what Bob said about Jesus not existing, that's the complete and utter truth.

Flavius Josephus, the man who was supposed to have documented his existence in a small paragraph, never did. That paragraph was inserted there hundreds, if not thousands of years later.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2930 Oct 26, 2013
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone hurt your sensitive feelings causing your tail feathers to bend backwards? LOL.
Nope. I'm laughing at the hatetheists (you) and your display of your horrible and ugly religion.

Your Jesus would be so *not* proud of you, here.
Jessup wrote:
I'm not offering an argument Sherlock, it was a simple suggestion the choice is free to take advantage or not.
Of course you are not-- because you don't have an actual argument of any kind!

All you have, are imaginary threats of imaginary torture.

Just like your imaginary terrorist-god.

Those are no more argument, than threatening someone with the Easter Bunny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min scientia potentia... 23,566
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 26 min IB DaMann 80
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min IB DaMann 48,829
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr IB DaMann 5,713
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Cuddles6778 21,887
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr _Susan_ 258,042
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 11 hr Eagle 12 5
More from around the web