'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2882 Oct 25, 2013
wait........you spend a lot of time reading the bible??? Why in the heck would you do that? Whats the point?

Can you not see that atheists are obsessed with something they supposedly don't believe in? That makes absolutely no sense.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2883 Oct 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>All of the animals ate seafood. Noah and his family spent their time fishing. They ate a lot of sushi.
Amazing answer as usual. Love em'

I do have to point out though, that much (fresh)rain water introduced into the ocean would dilute the salinity, killing every fish in it.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2884 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
wait........you spend a lot of time reading the bible??? Why in the heck would you do that? Whats the point?
Can you not see that atheists are obsessed with something they supposedly don't believe in? That makes absolutely no sense.
wait........you spend a lot of time reading the an ATHEIST FORUM??? Why in the heck would you do that? Whats the point?
Can you not see that YOU are obsessed with something they supposedly don't believe in? That makes absolutely no sense.

I just changed 3 words of what you said in a hope of pointing out your contradiction.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2885 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
A lot of us were RAISED as Christians and we know your BuyBull a whole lot better than YOU do.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#2886 Oct 25, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
However, I'm calling YOU an ignorant little asshole who is sadly cult-programmed to say the same few things over and over again and cannot think for himself.
And THAT is the sad tragedy. The christians are caught in a never-ending loop. They were force fed stories of the bible by parents who were force fed those same stories and now they are doing the same to their kids. The overwhelming majority of us went through the exact same thing. but sometimes, like me, people jump off that ridiculous merry-go-round and think for themselves. When I first became an atheist it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2887 Oct 25, 2013
If you knew the bible so well you wouldn't post nonsense like we are saved by works. The bible clearly says we are not saved by works.

Angel you are saying I'm obsessed about something I don't even believe in? You are making no sense. Atheists don't believe in anything so how could I be obsessed with it? I simply saw this as one of the top 10 topics, or something like that, that came up on the list. Therefore I chimed in on it and was amazed at the ignorance. Difference is, when this topic is over I'll go on like nothing happened. You, on the other hand, will spend the rest of your life obsessing over something you think doesn't exist. Just weird
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2889 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Angel you are saying I'm obsessed about something I don't even believe in? You are making no sense.
Hillbilly, you're REALLY fvcking stupid aren't you?

YOU ARE THE ONE who is claiming atheist are "obsessed with something they don't even believe in."
It's YOU who is making no sense.

Are you really so dumb that you do not realized that a mirror has been held up to you so you can see your own stupidity -- and you don't even recognize what you see in the mirror?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2890 Oct 25, 2013
ha well I know I must be getting under your skin when you start the name calling. Guess its hard to defend your ignorant remarks so name calling is all you have left.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2892 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha well I know I must be getting under your skin when you start the name calling.
And by the way, tell us where in the Bible Jesus teaches his followers to acting like offensive jerks in His name and "get under people's skins."

Check out Galations 5 for the "fruits of the sprit," idiot. All the things Jesus wants you to be and which you obviously are NOT. LOL!

"Christian"? right....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2893 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha well I know I must be getting under your skin when you start the name calling. Guess its hard to defend your ignorant remarks so name calling is all you have left.
Says the cornered liar-troll with no proof of god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2894 Oct 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>All of the animals ate seafood. Noah and his family spent their time fishing. They ate a lot of sushi.
Lie.

The bible **describes** the openings in that boat: one on the side, magically sealed by bible-god. One in the roof-- a hatch, really.

There was no way for Noah to **get** the seafood.

And worse?

All the fishes in the sea? Would have DIED from freshwater poisoning.

So unless Noah was into weeks-dead carrion for dinner? There would have been **nothing** for him to catch-- even if he could have got out.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2895 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Yes.. because Jesus is famous for his name-calling, right?

And he did spend his days trying to belittle others....

... right?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2896 Oct 25, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 1.2 Billion people in the world that are Catholic. Are you calling all of those people delusional? Think of all the Doctors, Lawyers and Scientists that are Cathoilic.
As a person who has admitted to being a Christian because "a lot of people are doing it so it must be right" how can you go against what the Pope says because a lot of people are Catholic?
Oh I guess Anti had no response to this lol... Imagine that. This is exactly what he said to me when I said that I thought that most of the population was delusional for being religious. Good luck gettin a response to this one lol. Very good point by the way.

Location hidden

#2897 Oct 25, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
wait........you spend a lot of time reading the an ATHEIST FORUM??? Why in the heck would you do that? Whats the point?
Can you not see that YOU are obsessed with something they supposedly don't believe in? That makes absolutely no sense.
I just changed 3 words of what you said in a hope of pointing out your contradiction.
Maybe it will work when you do it lol.

Location hidden

#2898 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
If you knew the bible so well you wouldn't post nonsense like we are saved by works. The bible clearly says we are not saved by works.
Angel you are saying I'm obsessed about something I don't even believe in? You are making no sense. Atheists don't believe in anything so how could I be obsessed with it? I simply saw this as one of the top 10 topics, or something like that, that came up on the list. Therefore I chimed in on it and was amazed at the ignorance. Difference is, when this topic is over I'll go on like nothing happened. You, on the other hand, will spend the rest of your life obsessing over something you think doesn't exist. Just weird
Riiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttttt *wink wink.... we all know you don't actually believe in a god. lol. If you find these topics so ignorant, then why exactly do you come back?????

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2899 Oct 25, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttttt *wink wink.... we all know you don't actually believe in a god. lol. If you find these topics so ignorant, then why exactly do you come back?????
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2904 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
"Very well" showed me at work what an idiot you are. You should be ashamed of what you promote. You are full of hatred.
You are the same poster as this "very well", I'm quite certain.

Just a hate-filled troll for Jewsus(jesus).

Right?

Because Jewsus(jesus) was so hateful.

Right?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2906 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame your type for the ugliness of this world. 4 people in my workplace see how ugly your atheism is.
This should show you what a moron you are.
I doubt you have a workplace. Seriously-- people like you do not hold down real jobs.

But.

If you did, and you did? You are stealing company time and the company computer to perpetuate your hateful ways.

Classic: you are just another thief.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2907 Oct 25, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
"Very well" told me about this site. He is right. You are an idiot. We are realizing what a cult you represent.
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
"Very well" showed me at work what an idiot you are. You should be ashamed of what you promote. You are full of hatred.
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame your type for the ugliness of this world. 4 people in my workplace see how ugly your atheism is.
This should show you what a moron you are.
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You too are hateful.
Thanks for letting us see just how ugly you are.
Such a testament for your jesus.

Because your Jesus was seriously into putting people down.

Right?

Right.

Very Jesus you are.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2909 Oct 25, 2013
ohhh gillette your immature name calling continues. Now you have resorted to quoting scripture? Ha...good one. How does it feel to be owned? Get a life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min John 76,835
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 min The FACTory 682
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 258,470
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 16 hr Dogen 4,291
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Jul 19 Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web