'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Mcloud, OK

#2860 Oct 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I'm still waiting for so what to tell me where he came up with all that nonsense. Apparently he can't.
I'm not sure if you are making an argument for God or against God. I really don't think you know either, you just want to argue.

Do you believe that if you reject Christ as your Lord and Savior, than you will not be accepted into Heaven?
Lisa

United States

#2861 Oct 24, 2013
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia? Not familiar with Australasia, but that aside the Bible I had any contact with was King James version so if you have a problem with the text maybe you could write the Queen and give her a list of complaints, lol.
As far as Noah perhaps you could find some of his kin folk and file a case for crimes against humanity. Good luck with that btw.
:-)
LOL !
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2862 Oct 24, 2013
Do I believe if you reject Christ you will not be accepted into heaven? Uhhhhh duhhhhh. Its not a matter of what I believe its a matter of what Christ Himself has already said. He is the only way. You can not deny Christ and make heaven your home.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2865 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Do I believe if you reject Christ you will not be accepted into heaven? Uhhhhh duhhhhh. Its not a matter of what I believe its a matter of what Christ Himself has already said. He is the only way. You can not deny Christ and make heaven your home.
Creationists love to use false authority to justify their mental illness.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2866 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
its funny that both angel and so what are quoting the same article and distorting what is being said to fit their agenda. Why don't you try quoting the bible so what instead of the pope who is simply a man. Nothing more.
He's the Vicar of Christ. If I were a Christian I would respect that.
If you are a protestant, you should respect and understand Catholicism because thats where your religion came from. What you believe and how you live your life is because of Catholic dogma.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#2867 Oct 25, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Take notes Antiatheist.
No Amused, Jesus didn't become Christ until after he was resurrected. So how could there have been Christians before then?
Surly you didn't think Jesus's last name was Christ. It wasn't Miller either(the most popular Jewish last name in the U.S.), it was Jesus of Nazareth.
Now you can tell everyone you know who Jesus is. LOL
Thank you for helping me to spread God's word without insulting anyone.
So, was your jesus god, as part of the trinity, or not? If he was god, then he would have known as part of his omniscience that the crucifixion and resurrection were coming. That certain knowledge would certainly mean he believed in himself, knew his divine nature and knew the purpose of his being in that time and place. If he was not a deity, or part of a tripartite deity, then he was an ordinary human, not much different from buddha, 600 years earlier.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2868 Oct 25, 2013
the pope is nothing more than a man. What he says really means nothing to Christians. Catholics worship mary, act like they can do anything as long as they confess to a priest, etc.

Dallas, TX

#2869 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
the pope is nothing more than a man. What he says really means nothing to Christians. Catholics worship mary, act like they can do anything as long as they confess to a priest, etc.
There are 1.2 Billion people in the world that are Catholic. Are you calling all of those people delusional? Think of all the Doctors, Lawyers and Scientists that are Cathoilic.

As a person who has admitted to being a Christian because "a lot of people are doing it so it must be right" how can you go against what the Pope says because a lot of people are Catholic?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2870 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Why don't you try quoting the bible .......
Everlasting life to those who do good deeds. Everlasting punishment to those who fail to do them.

Actual WORDS OF JESUS!

Mat 25:31-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#2871 Oct 25, 2013
Rightly so. You cannot judge others on terms like that, it is better to not judge at all.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2872 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Really? There are plenty of BuyBull(bible) verses that contradict what you just said.

That is the problem with your silly bible-- it refutes itself all over the place.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2873 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Of course-- what you just said means this:

ALL SMALL CHILDREN AND INFANTS GET HELL-- if they die before being infected by "jesus".

You may wish to think about this a bit--

-- if you claim "age of innocence"?

PROVE IT WITH BIBLE VERSES--

-- you will find-- you cannot do that, without lying.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2874 Oct 25, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the Vicar of Christ. If I were a Christian I would respect that.
If you are a protestant, you should respect and understand Catholicism because thats where your religion came from. What you believe and how you live your life is because of Catholic dogma.
Yep.

Which is why both are pretty much evil on a fundamental level.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2875 Oct 25, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
So, was your jesus god, as part of the trinity, or not? If he was god, then he would have known as part of his omniscience that the crucifixion and resurrection were coming. That certain knowledge would certainly mean he believed in himself, knew his divine nature and knew the purpose of his being in that time and place. If he was not a deity, or part of a tripartite deity, then he was an ordinary human, not much different from buddha, 600 years earlier.
Some have suggested that the Jesus fellow--if he was a real person, somehow got trained in much of the ideas of Buddhism.

And there are many parallels-- if you take the Jewish ideas current in Palestine at that time, and mix them with Buddhism and add a dash of Romanism, you could easily get many of the classic things Jesus supposedly said.

I could see that, myself-- but I'm not convinced there ever even was a human who inspired the jesus-cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2876 Oct 25, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 1.2 Billion people in the world that are Catholic. Are you calling all of those people delusional? Think of all the Doctors, Lawyers and Scientists that are Cathoilic.

As a person who has admitted to being a Christian because "a lot of people are doing it so it must be right" how can you go against what the Pope says because a lot of people are Catholic?
Indeed.

And a whole bunch of people are islamic-- and think it's their duty to kill anyone not in their particular version of islam...

.... by the same rules of "everyone is doing it", that would put the world in a bad place...

.... meh.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2877 Oct 25, 2013
we aren't saved by works gillette. Atheists really are troubled people arent they? They spend a good deal of their life distorting a bible they say they don't believe in and cursing a God they say they don't believe in. Every man knows there is a God. Evil men don't want to face their sins so they try to deny it. Its an age old story. I mean if you REALLY didn't believe in God then why spend all this time denying it?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2878 Oct 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
More: the bible states the ark itself had but two doors-- one on the side was magically sealed by god, and one other on the top.
No other openings were permitted by god.
How did Noah and his sons muck out all the animal waste every day, through that top-hatch?
Just the herbivores alone, would have filled the ark's volume in just a few weeks... or less.
And what did these animals eat in the meantime? Where was the food stored?
The ark's volume is too small just for the **animals** alone-- let alone any food...
All of the animals ate seafood. Noah and his family spent their time fishing. They ate a lot of sushi.

Dallas, TX

#2879 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
we aren't saved by works gillette. Atheists really are troubled people arent they? They spend a good deal of their life distorting a bible they say they don't believe in and cursing a God they say they don't believe in. Every man knows there is a God. Evil men don't want to face their sins so they try to deny it. Its an age old story. I mean if you REALLY didn't believe in God then why spend all this time denying it?
You have really got to start thinking before you type.

According to you atheists want to deny God so we can sin,sin,sin away.

I have demonstrated to you several times that I lead a more Christian life than you do.

You repeatedly say "How can you talk about god so much if you don't believe in him?'

WE ARE ATHEISTS BECAUSE WE READ THE BIBLE!

Its not that we are ignorant of religion, quite the opposite. Many of us spend a great deal of time reading up on the subject so we will know what we are talking about.

Your reasoning could be turned back around on you.
If you dont "believe" in atheism then why the hell are you on an atheist forum so damn much?
Ocean56

AOL

#2880 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
we aren't saved by works gillette. Atheists really are troubled people arent they?
No, sparky, you WISH we were troubled. You're just pissed that we're not. There's a big difference between the two. Maybe one day you'll figure it out, but I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#2881 Oct 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You're a dishonest little creep. I gave you the CLEAR WORDS OF JESUS that says those who selflessly do good works get "saved' or led off into eternal reward, while those who fail to do such good works are led off into eternal punishment.

Again, ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS!

Why don't you go talk to Pastor Billy Bob and ask him why PAUL says one thing about salvation, while the ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS in Matthew say another, quite DIFFERENT thing. Then ask him why he prefers the worlds of PAUL to the ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS!

No one here is "cursing God." However, I'm calling YOU an ignorant little asshole who is sadly cult-programmed to say the same few things over and over again and cannot think for himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min polymath257 244,642
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr emperorjohn 10,594
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 4 hr Anonymous1386 3
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr ChristineM 20,448
There is no meaning without God 7 hr Shizle 1
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 14 hr Richardfs 17
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 15 hr Thinking 4
More from around the web