'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2751 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text> You have 79,618 posts on Topix alone. I'm not sure if you are qualified to judge what reality is.
You got it exactly backwards, there-- I've seen it all.

After 6 years on Topix? I've seen the gamut of what faith makes people do.

And?

None of it is good.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2752 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text> You have 79,618 posts on Topix alone. I'm not sure if you are qualified to judge what reality is.
And your extreme jealousy is duly noted.

Why else would you bring my record up?

You don't even have a real account...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2753 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
When I was 16 I attended a very large CHRISTIAN Church. One Sunday before morning services the so-called church elders were outside holding up signs proclaiming their beliefs. One sign read, Jews were going to Hell. I made the comment, "can't you find something nicer to say than that", to the person holding the sign. He told me that if I didn't like it, I could find another church to attend. That was all it took to turn me off to religion for a long time. The very same thing that your doing, Antiathist. Now you show me where does it say in the Bible, that you have the right to spread hatred for God?
He thinks he has that right.

And?

It seems that god simply does not care-- for all the smiting that is so **not** going on.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2754 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
Oh!

Thanks for the hateful reply-- it is so Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2755 Oct 21, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I said I hate atheists? Nope never said it.
You never had to say it outright.

Your constant abuse of any and all atheists is ample testimony of your hate for unbelievers.

You are a credit to your cult.

Very Jesus of you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2756 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
I refuse to believe that because I'm a Christian, I have the God given right to belittle anyone. I don't believe that is a way to convert anyone, do you?
Really?
So What wrote:
Ironic, much?

LMAO!
So What

Newalla, OK

#2757 Oct 21, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I said I hate atheists? Nope never said it. You like to make things up even more than these atheists do.
You still haven't told me what you believe. All you did was talk about the crazy church you grew up in. Mainstream churches don't act like that.
All Christians have the right to judge sin. Actually God has already judged it and Christians can no longer turn a deaf ear to what is obviously sinful and wrong. We have done that long enough and look where it has gotten us. We aren't going to be shamed for standing up for what is right by the "don't judge me" crowd of which you apparently belong do to your warped views on Christians.
What do I believe? I believe that self rightous Christians like you give TRUE CHRISTIANS a bad name.

AS for the Church I attended, It was the largest church in the State Of Oklahoma at that time. The membership was bigger than your town. How much more main stream could it be?

Just so everyone knows, antiatheist is from a town that was visited by the Westboro Baptist Church. And to show them they weren't welcome they cut all their tires and refused to help fix them so they couldn't leave. Now how much since does that make?

I think Westboro found a way to pay them back by leaving antiatheist behind.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2758 Oct 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
<quoted text>
Ironic, much?
LMAO!
I wasn't belittling you, I was stating a fact. You live in the land of make believe. You make believe you have a life, but you really don't.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2759 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
And your extreme jealousy is duly noted.
Why else would you bring my record up?
You don't even have a real account...
LOL! Congratulations you win. What I don't know. Maybe a bad case of eye strain?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2760 Oct 21, 2013
well sorry to disappoint so what but westboro never has visited my town so again, stick to what you know about. I still don't know what you believe. How do you get to heaven?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2761 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't belittling you,
Oh, yes you were-- and you are proud of it, too.

Your pride is quite evident in your other posts.

How very Jesus of you: such hate and pride you show.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2762 Oct 21, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Congratulations you win. What I don't know. Maybe a bad case of eye strain?
More of your pride.

Sad.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2763 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You got it exactly backwards, there-- I've seen it all.
After 6 years on Topix? I've seen the gamut of what faith makes people do.
And?
None of it is good.
What a goal in life, bringing out the bad in people. Explains why you don't get out much. Your and antiathist's goals are the same. I'm guessing that is your idea of equal rights.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2764 Oct 22, 2013
There can be no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2765 Oct 22, 2013
so what you must be obsessed with me. You are starting to bring up my name in practically every post.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2766 Oct 22, 2013
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2767 Oct 22, 2013
wow a pro islam website. Great source there angel. Is this honestly what you spend your time reading?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2768 Oct 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
wow a pro islam website. Great source there angel. Is this honestly what you spend your time reading?
I use to be shocked when you missed the point but now i just kind of expect it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2769 Oct 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
so what you must be obsessed with me. You are starting to bring up my name in practically every post.
I don't see anyone using the word sh*thead here.
Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#2770 Oct 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anyone using the word sh*thead here.
You don't see the impossibility of entropy reversing itself and forming this planet's life forms without an outside force having to be involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Richardfs 255,857
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Aura Mytha 40,137
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 38 min ChristineM 20,561
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr DanFromSmithville 15,722
A Universe from Nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 18
Good arguments against Christianity 15 hr superwilly 90
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 18 hr Into The Night 175
More from around the web