'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Comments (Page 130)

Showing posts 2,581 - 2,600 of7,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
... They are going to die and go to hell and they only have their arrogance and stupidity to blame
Even 40 years ago my Roman Catholic priest didn't seriously argue that a god sent a prophet to Earth. Not all Christians are stupid. They tried to argue that Christian teaching and the Bible were (somehow) allegorical, not litteral.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
... The atheist fringe group will always be just that......a fringe group...
You never tire of being wrong....
https://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-an...

I think religion is declining in the face of education and science but whatever the situation at present
Religion = superstition
and truth will out.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
ummmmm don't all Christians think atheists are going to hell? You act like this is something new. It clearly says as much in the bible so why wouldn't Christians believe that?
NOPE.

Pope Francis assures atheists: You donít have to believe in God to go to heaven

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

angel once again you distort what people say.

"that Godís mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience."

Its very obvious he is saying that all can be forgiven.....even the nonbeliever. He doesn't mean AFTER you die. I've learned that if I just follow your little links and read the article its always something different than what you say it is. You just make yourself look uninformed and dumb.
Brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
ummmmm don't all Christians think atheists are going to hell? You act like this is something new. It clearly says as much in the bible so why wouldn't Christians believe that?
The answer to your question would be NO. Many of the Christian faith believe the 'unpardonable sin' is the rejection of GOD. To knowingly understand who GOD is in relation to your own spiritual life and reject him.

Those who do not know GOD cannot be judged as rejecting something they don't 'know'. All sin is forgivable excluding the 'rejection of GOD' which has the unique status as 'UNPARDONABLE'.

Another notation to forgiving sin is the sinner asking for forgiveness must also commit to never repeating the act of sin he/she is asking for forgiveness for. Remember Christ told the sinner "go and sin no more".

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
angel once again you distort what people say.
"that Godís mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience."
Its very obvious he is saying that all can be forgiven.....even the nonbeliever. He doesn't mean AFTER you die. I've learned that if I just follow your little links and read the article its always something different than what you say it is. You just make yourself look uninformed and dumb.
Lets see if I can set you straight.

I BELIEVE IT TO ALL BE BULL$HIT

That being said, I have distorted nothing because I didnt say anything. I said "NOPE" thats the only origional part of that post. Everythinig else is a link to answer you question.
You said "dont all Christians believe athiests are going to Hell?" The answer is no.

Truth is, i dont loose much sleep worring about my "immortal soul burning forever in a pit of fire"
Its a boogeyman story,Its not something an adult worries about.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your question would be NO. Many of the Christian faith believe the 'unpardonable sin' is the rejection of GOD. To knowingly understand who GOD is in relation to your own spiritual life and reject him.
Those who do not know GOD cannot be judged as rejecting something they don't 'know'. All sin is forgivable excluding the 'rejection of GOD' which has the unique status as 'UNPARDONABLE'.
Another notation to forgiving sin is the sinner asking for forgiveness must also commit to never repeating the act of sin he/she is asking for forgiveness for. Remember Christ told the sinner "go and sin no more".
Antiathest doesn't understand that before she takes to the task of witnessing for God, that she needs to get her own issues resolved.

"People that live in glass houses should not throw stones".

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
You're arrogant enough to pose as a mythical god. I never made the suggestion or implied the intent to represent GOD, that's your assumption not my proclamation.
The fact that you attack **atheists** and **only** atheists?

Proves more than enough that you claim to be "god's representative on earth".

The arrogance of you True Believersô is obvious.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
ummmmm don't all Christians think atheists are going to hell?
No. I know of a large body of christians who have rejected the entire hell theology, lock-stock and barrel.

They do not believe in hell any more than *I* do.

So no.

There **are** people in the world **nicer** than you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

so what stick to something you know about......whatever that may be. You are part of the problem today. Where do you stand? What do you believe? I doubt you even know.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Brian wrote:
Remember Christ told the sinner "go and sin no more".
Oooh.... too bad for you, then, isn't it?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

antiatheist wrote:
so what stick to something you know about......whatever that may be. You are part of the problem today. Where do you stand? What do you believe? I doubt you even know.
LOL! Please feel free to quote the Bible that gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner.

It doesn't matter what anyone believes, if you don't like it, you hate them for it.

Just what kind of Christian are you trying to represent?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

I hate them for it? And you are getting this from where? Quit making things up...you are just as bad as an atheist. Oh, what is it that you believe again? Enlighten us
Bud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you attack **atheists** and **only** atheists?
Proves more than enough that you claim to be "god's representative on earth".
The arrogance of you True Believersô is obvious.
I say it the way I see regardless of believer or non-believer. Btw, are you not making judgments?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
I hate them for it? And you are getting this from where? Quit making things up...you are just as bad as an atheist. Oh, what is it that you believe again? Enlighten us
LOL! From the posts you put on this forum. Where else would I be getting it from, your pastor?

I would prefer the company of an atheist, over a hypocrite like you.

Matthew 7:5

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

antiatheist wrote:
I think everyone has answered these questions for you, and as for your statement of atheists being part of any problem today.... no.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
I say it the way I see regardless of believer or non-believer. Btw, are you not making judgments?
Yet-- you only seem to attack atheists.

And yes-- judgment is what thinking people do.

Pity about you, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! From the posts you put on this forum. Where else would I be getting it from, your pastor?
I would prefer the company of an atheist, over a hypocrite like you.
Matthew 7:5
I would as well.

Reality is preferable to faith any day.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

When I was 16 I attended a very large CHRISTIAN Church. One Sunday before morning services the so-called church elders were outside holding up signs proclaiming their beliefs. One sign read, Jews were going to Hell. I made the comment, "can't you find something nicer to say than that", to the person holding the sign. He told me that if I didn't like it, I could find another church to attend. That was all it took to turn me off to religion for a long time. The very same thing that your doing, Antiathist. Now you show me where does it say in the Bible, that you have the right to spread hatred for God?

I refuse to believe that because I'm a Christian, I have the God given right to belittle anyone. I don't believe that is a way to convert anyone, do you?

I believe there are other issues in your life than drive your hatred. You should address them, instead of using Christianity as your excuse to lash out.

So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would as well.
Reality is preferable to faith any day.
You have 79,618 posts on Topix alone. I'm not sure if you are qualified to judge what reality is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,581 - 2,600 of7,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••