'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2519 Oct 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 2:12 "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when is wrath is kindled but a little..."
Come on you can be crazier than that.

Dallas, TX

#2520 Oct 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I was under the impression that you didn't believe in anything unless there was proof. I guess that

only applies to God? lol
God doesn't have to lower himself to your standard of proof. His existence doesn't depend on man's standards or lack thereof. On the other hand, your intelligence does and since you can't prove it I don't believe you are intelligent at all.
Man you have got to read the Bible if you are going to try to speak on it. God is constantly proving himself and letting the people know that he exists. Of course he would what rational person wouldn't ask for proof?

In the Bible people asked for proof and got alters set on fire from above, staffs which were turned into serpents ,hell some people got one on one conversations with the big man himself.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2521 Oct 15, 2013
oh so God already proved himself? Well then you should believe then.

You atheists expect God to lower himself to you today and "prove" himself to you. He already did that He doesn't have to do it again just to satisfy you.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2522 Oct 15, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on you can be crazier than that.
"We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy" Seal. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh". It takes a lot to tick God off and she's slow to anger but you're obviously working on it and you're getting there.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2523 Oct 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You atheists expect God to lower himself to you today and "prove" himself to you. He already did that He doesn't have to do it again just to satisfy you.
God will come to earth and prove himself. There will be a lot of signs. Christians will be considered the enemy, not atheists. They have been indoctrinated and believe all the lies and explanations. They cannot give a plain answer to any theological question and rely on the propaganda of others. Those who remain Christian till the end won't make it.

Dallas, TX

#2524 Oct 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy" Seal. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh". It takes a lot to tick God off and she's slow to anger but you're obviously working on it and you're getting there.
There ya go. That's much better.

Dallas, TX

#2525 Oct 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Yes Anti, for those of us that have read the Bible we know that God is constantly proving himself to people and its no big deal.

Pharaoh wanted proof: done
The worshipers of Baal wanted proof: done
No bitching or whining or saying " I'm not gonna lower myself to your level"

If someone makes a claim they back it up and then your claim is justified.
I'm not asking for water into wine...
you know what yes I am.

I'm setting a glass of water on my coffee table tonight, if that $h#t turns into Merolt by morning you will have my attention.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2526 Oct 15, 2013
oh well forgive God if he doesn't come down tonight to satisfy you angel. You people are amazing. You said yourself he proved His existence to man before He gave us His word. We now have His word so He doesn't have to keep on proving Himself to people like you. He is God and you are nobody. I guess one of these days you can tell all this to Him.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2527 Oct 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
oh well forgive God if he doesn't come down tonight to satisfy you angel. You people are amazing. You said yourself he proved His existence to man before He gave us His word. We now have His word so He doesn't have to keep on proving Himself to people like you. He is God and you are nobody. I guess one of these days you can tell all this to Him.
We have his word lol...which book would that be in exactly????

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2528 Oct 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Oh anti...I have to say that you are one that is deeply seeded into your belief...so much so that you don't even know how you're so supposed to follow it lol. I'm sorry darlin, but if the god that you follow is real, you are in just as deep sh*t as you say we are ;-). Topix christians are so much worse than I can ever expect to meet in my daily life. Ya'll are some serious train wrecks.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2529 Oct 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy" Seal. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh". It takes a lot to tick God off and she's slow to anger but you're obviously working on it and you're getting there.

susanblange wrote: <quoted text>God will come to earth and prove himself. There will be a lot of signs. Christians will be considered the enemy, not atheists. They have been indoctrinated and believe all the lies and explanations. They cannot give a plain answer to any theological question and rely on the propaganda of others. Those who remain Christian till the end won't make it.
So just how many gods are you hawking? It's not like it matters, but how many does she, himself claim to be?
Ocean56

AOL

#2530 Oct 16, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
oh believe me the hate came WAY before I told them they were going to hell which happens to be true.
My idea of "hell" is being trapped for an hour in a Catholic or Christian church, having to listen to a long and tedious service.

Luckily for me, that hasn't happened to me in over 25 years. That's one of the great benefits of being what I call Catholicism-FREE, or religion-FREE for that matter; no more long and tedious church services to ruin my Sundays.

Being religion-free ROCKS, for me anyway.

Dallas, TX

#2531 Oct 16, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Sounds like you knew its was still going to be water before I even checked this morning, which it was.

You hit one of my big problems with religion. it teaches that, like you said,"he is God and you are nobody"
This is absolutely assinine. This religion has to beat its followers down in order to control them. One of the many reasons its not for me.

I would be happy to discuss this with God. I would jump at the opportunity because talking with his followers gives me a headache sometimes.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2532 Oct 16, 2013
arrogance is a big problem for you angel. Learn how to humble yourself. You aren't that important.

Dallas, TX

#2533 Oct 16, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
arrogance is a big problem for you angel. Learn how to humble yourself. You aren't that important.
Gotta disagree with ya there chief.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2534 Oct 16, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
do you guys still not realize that you are part of a fringe group? Always has been and always will be.
Bob must be totally confused now since he can't come up with once ounce of evidence to support the notion that he is intelligent. Iseeyou can YOU prove to me that you are intelligent?
And you haven't proved to me your a Christian, but what I think really doesn't matter.

What do you believe God thinks about you?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2535 Oct 16, 2013
right........you don't matter so why bother commenting.

Still waiting for Bob to prove he is intelligent. Apparently he is still searching for an answer.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2536 Oct 16, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
right........you don't matter so why bother commenting.
Still waiting for Bob to prove he is intelligent. Apparently he is still searching for an answer.
What do you believe God thinks about you?, is not a comment, it is a question, it should be easy for you to tell that by the question mark at the end of the sentence.

I have noticed a strong correlation between mean Christians and a poor education.

Feel free to answer the question now, if you dare.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2537 Oct 16, 2013
Yup I'm such a big meanie. Not surprised by your comments though or your obvious sense of self importance. This has become a society that doesn't like to hear the truth or be offended by anything. My advice to you? Toughen up.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2538 Oct 16, 2013
That he is too stultifyingly stupid to use reply properly.
So What wrote:
<quoted text>And you haven't proved to me your a Christian, but what I think really doesn't matter.
What do you believe God thinks about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min renee 43,472
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 56 min It aint necessari... 10,138
News Thousands Download Movie Proving God Exists; 'A... 1 hr Eagle 12 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,649
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 106
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr Eagle 12 252
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 21,256
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 18,735
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr Into The Night 634
More from around the web