'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2435 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist: A person who believes the nothing created nothing which created all living things, the entire Galaxy and even gravity.
Wow, and atheists call us idiots.
im not calling you an idiot but you definately didn't get the definition out of the dictionary.

Merrium Webster definition

athe·ist
noun \&#712;&#257;-th&# 275;-ist\

: a person who believes that God does not exist
Full Definition of ATHEIST
: one who believes that there is no deity
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2436 Oct 11, 2013
angel you going to say something to skeptic, bob, and thinking for all their hateful comments or is it just Christians you have a problem with?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#2437 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
thinking its so fun to ignore you. It actually gets more fun by the day.
You enjoy ignoring thinking. Truer words were never spoken by a theist. Thank you for your candor.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#2438 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
churches just actually do more for people, including kids, than atheists do. I've never heard of an atheist group doing anything.
so you are still living in the 8th century?
Churches actually do more to people, especially children, than atheists do. Things like buggery.

There, fixed it for you.
Thinking

UK

#2439 Oct 11, 2013
Playing the victim card, christard?
antiatheist wrote:
angel you going to say something to skeptic, bob, and thinking for all their hateful comments or is it just Christians you have a problem with?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2440 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I'm not going to fight your battles for you man.

YOU started the argument with them.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2441 Oct 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
He also doesn't realise that posting to me doesn't really count as ignoring!
Not the sharpest tool, that antiatheist.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

He has already admitted he does not attend regular brainwashing sessions (formal church), so obviously he's not working with a full set of cards.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2442 Oct 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The tank contents just don't know what they've done to deserve that.
<quoted text>
Indeed... those poor anaerobic bacteria-- what did the do in a previous life to deserve such a fate?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2443 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist: A person who believes the nothing created nothing which created all living things, the entire Galaxy and even gravity.
I'm an atheist.

I do not believe in anything you just said.

What now?

Will you apologize for LYING about me?

No?

Interesting...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2444 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
its the ONLY defense, if you can call it that, that atheists can produce. They attempt to make believers look dumb ...
DUDE!

We do not attempt to make you look dumb!

You do that all by yourself-- without us saying a word...!

Seriously!

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2445 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You think my criticism of your ugly faith is HATEFUL?

LOL!

You **are** delusional-- I do not hate you-- you are not worth the bother.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2446 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
If you don't want to be criticized?

Stop having such hateful beliefs!

Problem solved.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2447 Oct 11, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to fight your battles for you man.
YOU started the argument with them.
He can dish it out-- the hateful rhetoric, but he goes all limp when valid criticism is made of his behavior.

He is **exactly** like the cartoon:

Frame one:

A christian has a large wooden stick, shaped vaguely like a cross. He meets an unbeliever and begins to yell at him for his unbelief.

Frame two:

The unbeliever tells the christian, that his yelling is not convincing.

Frame three:

The christian then raises his cross-stick and hits the unbeliever over the head.

Frame four:

The unbeliever grabs the stick, and starts to snap it in half over his knee

Frame five:

The christian shouts: "HEY! HAVE SOME RESPECT! THAT IS A HOLY RELIC!"
Thinking

UK

#2448 Oct 11, 2013
At least the bacteria will form a culture.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed... those poor anaerobic bacteria-- what did the do in a previous life to deserve such a fate?
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2449 Oct 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
At least the bacteria will form a culture.
<quoted text>
<laughing my azz off>

John Cleese would be proud of that come-back.

:)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2450 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, and a god waving a magic wand/hand/whatever around and creating everything from nothing would be no more believable even if your previous statement were actually true.

Location hidden

#2451 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
its the ONLY defense, if you can call it that, that atheists can produce. They attempt to make believers look dumb because they think it makes them look more intelligent. As you said carchar, they believe nothing created nothing which eventually spawned this enormous universe and everything in it. This is a strong cult that has a tight grip on its victims. Its possible to break but very difficult.
Incorrect.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2452 Oct 11, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, after that post, we no longer bother calling you an idiot. We will merely point out your post here as proof.

We are atheist, not idiots. Only an idiot would say >> Carchar king <quoted text>>
"Atheist: A person who believes the nothing created nothing which created all living things, the entire Galaxy and even gravity."

Look up the real meaning of atheist, you will find that it is only "not a theist". You, the Satanist, the Pagans, the Vodun, and the Santerian Brujas, all are theist. It is only the lack of indoctrination, that keeps us from being Voodoo, or even you.

Lucky us.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2453 Oct 11, 2013
ha figured. What a double standard. Cry about me being a big meanie yet totally overlook all the hateful nonsense coming from the mouths of practically every one of you. Christians fight back and you say we aren't being a Christian. Hold to being passive and Christ like and you make fun of our beliefs. You can't have it both ways.

Location hidden

#2454 Oct 11, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha figured. What a double standard. Cry about me being a big meanie yet totally overlook all the hateful nonsense coming from the mouths of practically every one of you. Christians fight back and you say we aren't being a Christian. Hold to being passive and Christ like and you make fun of our beliefs. You can't have it both ways.
People are going to make fun of your belief whether it's on topix or not. Everyone on here can be hateful, but its what you choose to do that matters. Why do you choose to be hateful back. Is this site more important to you than your actual belief system?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr MUQ1 23,000
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Dave Nelson 230,104
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 1,403
Islam for peace, or violence? 5 hr Thinking 52
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Thinking 1,061
Man center of the universe. 11 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 11 hr hpcaban 4

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE