'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2354 Oct 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When we die, we lose weight and heat. Both of these are associated with Energy and are part of the human Spirit which can be immortal. Your statement that the prophets lacked understanding of science is incorrect. Daniel 1:4. Science, mathematics and the bible are perfectly compatible. I have seen most of the bible literally fulfilled in the past 52 years and am confident the rest will be fulfilled also.
Its because you're brainwashed that you idiot come out with this rubbish.

At least try and tell lies that are believable. The standards of religious propoganda have dropped.

Maybe because all that's left in your cults today are stupid gullible people who fall for this crap.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#2355 Oct 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither got nor heaven is real, you need to realise that you suffer from a mental illness that causes you to project your hallucinations on to the real world and innocent atheists.
Suffer? My life is great! You need to realize that the Universe didn't appear on it's own. That's impossible.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2356 Oct 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh7t.
100%, pure unadulterated bullsh7t.
Are you a liar, or just ignorant?

Location hidden

#2357 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffer? My life is great! You need to realize that the Universe didn't appear on it's own. That's impossible.
You need to realise that you're a mentally ill liar with no proof of god or hat your cult even matters in any way.

Location hidden

#2358 Oct 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a liar, or just ignorant?
Says the idiot with no proof of the god she lies about to atheists.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2359 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?

Who said it did (appear on it's own)?

But for one thing? You have failed to show that even if there **was** something that made the universe start?

That something could very well have been gravity or some other natural process.

How do you go from **that** to your magic god?

Hmmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2360 Oct 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a liar, or just ignorant?
You are a low-grade moron.

When a person dies? He/she weighs **exactly** the same as they did just a few seconds ago.

Be careful to also weigh the poop that just leaked out of the gut.

You can ignore the last breath-- as within an atmosphere, it's weight is counter-balanced by all the air surrounding the corpse.

There is zero weight loss from death. None. Nada. Not any.

Moreover? If you measure a just-dead corpse for temperature?

Guess what: It measures 98.6. Just like a live person.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2361 Oct 8, 2013
"You are a low-grade moron."

wow can't believe how hateful you are
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2362 Oct 8, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The wicked hate the righteous and it started in the garden of Eden. God put enmity between the seed of Adam (the wicked) and the seed of Eve (the righteous). Genesis 3:15. The wicked are wicked and they do wicked things to the righteous because they hate them. That is the main reason bad things happen to good people.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2363 Oct 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to claim that it was all created by the same god of the buybull, who was beaten in war, because his human opponents had iron chariots?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2364 Oct 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked hate the righteous and it started in the garden of Eden. >>>>>> God put enmity between the seed of Adam (the wicked) and the seed of Eve (the righteous).<<<< <<< Genesis 3:15. The wicked are wicked and they do wicked things to the righteous because they hate them. That is the main reason bad things happen to good people.
There ya go. Finally some truth about the god-myth, it is all the fake god's fault. So much for that free will crap.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2365 Oct 8, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The truth hurts?

LOL!

She may be a low grade moron.

But you?

You would have to study for a year to rise to the lofty level of low-grade moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2366 Oct 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked hate the righteous and it started in the garden of Eden. God put enmity between the seed of Adam (the wicked) and the seed of Eve (the righteous). Genesis 3:15. The wicked are wicked and they do wicked things to the righteous because they hate them. That is the main reason bad things happen to good people.
See?

You continue to prove you are just another low grade moron.

Location hidden

#2367 Oct 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Says the creationist liar confronted for having no evidence for the god he lies about everyday.

Location hidden

#2368 Oct 9, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The wicked hate the righteous and it started in the garden of Eden. God put enmity between the seed of Adam (the wicked) and the seed of Eve (the righteous). Genesis 3:15. The wicked are wicked and they do wicked things to the righteous because they hate them. That is the main reason bad things happen to good people.
Can't prove a word of your crap, yet you mentally ill creationist liars keep coming out with the same old tired religious lies again and again.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2369 Oct 9, 2013
We my fellow atheists, Its October which for me means its time to have countless arguments about how Halloween is not a day of evil. Its one of my favorite holidays and I am constantly having to tell people of its actual origin and what it has become now. If they are so passionate about putting the holiday down you would think they would look it up for themselves.
Thoughts?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2370 Oct 9, 2013
hmmmmm seems like most every Christian I know celebrates halloween. I can't say the same for atheists when it comes to Christmas. Actually thats the time of year they start crying the most.

Dallas, TX

#2371 Oct 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hmmmmm seems like most every Christian I know celebrates halloween. I can't say the same for atheists when it comes to Christmas. Actually thats the time of year they start crying the most.
But you dont know most Christians.

Most of the Christians you know and most Chritians are two totally different demographics.

Dallas, TX

#2372 Oct 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I celebrate Christmas, its a great time of the year. Its a time to see friends and family that you may not have seen in a long time. Its a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the upcomming one. It really has nothing to do with religion, especially Christianity. People were celebrating what we now call Christmas long before it was called Christmas. People have always celebrated the end of the year and the beginning of a new one.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2373 Oct 9, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
We my fellow atheists, Its October which for me means its time to have countless arguments about how Halloween is not a day of evil. Its one of my favorite holidays and I am constantly having to tell people of its actual origin and what it has become now. If they are so passionate about putting the holiday down you would think they would look it up for themselves.
Thoughts?
I did enjoy making creative costumes when I was younger. As I got a bit older, I would make them for my younger brother--- several years in a row, he won various costume contests.

My favorite, when he was still short, was a Jawa costume, complete with LED glowing eyes and a black-mesh for a "face". You could not see his real face-- all you saw were these two glowing eyes.

He won.

Years later, I used the same essential design for a sort of post-modern death (for myself, this time). Again, a black screen mesh covering the face, and this time, 13 randomly spaced LEDs, in different colors, some blinking, some steady. This was way back before these things were in all the Xmas lighting, so I had had to salvage them from various electronics.

The rest of the costume was a simple black satan robe (think: oversized T-top or tunic) with a black satin hood covering the head and neck. Long, voluminous sleeves, with black to-the-elbow gloves completed the costume.

All I had to do? Was say nothing. I won.:) It's amazing how much information you can convey with simple gestures and the tilt of the head, or the slow pause to complete immobility-- with a "stare" at someone. Scared the crap outta several at that party. <heh>

Aaaahhh... All Hallow's Eve. A lovely Pagan tradition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 228,578
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 14 min Mikko 1,009
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr _Bad Company 705
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 13 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 14 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 14 hr Patrick 152

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE