'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2314 Oct 5, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they didn't say that, they didn't care about God, do you still think they can go t heaven.
Well of course not! Think about it, a tower called Babel, a god freaking out because man has challenged the skies, and very nearly reached heaven.

Instant damage control, knock down this tower and scatter man to the winds. God is safe in his heaven again, and fast forward 2000 years, man has now conquered the skies, flown billions of miles, in thousands upon thousands of aircraft, for decade after decade, and no sign of any heaven, and more telling, no interference from the now not only threatened but exposed as naught more than the "threats of the clergy" god.

The witch doctors, the spell casters, the preachers, ministers and the priest have all been taking you guys for a "answers answered, guilt slathered on, your high horse saddled and salvation provided here" ride, which is cheap at half the price. Place your 10% thithing fee in provided envelope.

Your liaison to the god needs a Polynesian vacation.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2315 Oct 5, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasonable Man with his super powers can ignore
all others in a single shrug. And command dogs
with mental directions.
No one is noticed by Reasonable Man, no one else
matters.
I think you are sorely in need of a doctors expertise. Do you always refer to yourself in the third person, like this? How long have you had this malfunction? Is that the best moniker that you can find, "reasonable man" does not suit you, at all.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2316 Oct 5, 2013
iseeyou I have asked to have a conversation with you? News to me. I asked you to stop obsessing over something you supposedly don't even believe in. I mean you actually go to atheiest meetings. Move on with your life and stop worrying about 10 commandment displays and prayers at football games.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2317 Oct 5, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Both the grave and hell are called a pit. I had a vision of my own death 30 years ago where I went to heaven and saw hell. Hell is a whirlpool and a black hole which flows in a straight line thru time and space forever. There are 3 entrances to heaven and hell on earth. The Bermuda triangle, the devils triangle, and the third is in the north atlantic off the coast of Norway. Each serves 2 continents. The fire is going to be on earth and will be the mechanism by which the wicked get to hell.
There are some pretty good drugs that can fix your delusions, here.

Seriously: get help. Under Obamacare? You can now **afford** it, too!

They cannot even deny your pre-existing condition.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2318 Oct 5, 2013
bob is calling someone else crazy? Whew thats a good one.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2319 Oct 5, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou I have asked to have a conversation with you? News to me. I asked you to stop obsessing over something you supposedly don't even believe in. I mean you actually go to atheiest meetings. Move on with your life and stop worrying about 10 commandment displays and prayers at football games.
lol... well if I obsessed over these things I would actually be glad to oblige your request, but since it's not an obsession of mine I can't see how it's something that I can stop. I actually don't attend any meetings...However if people want to get together to hang out I don't see why not...and you've been the one to bring up the 10 commandments and prayers so much more than I ever have. In fact, I've never brought them up one time lol. This is why you are the obsessed one and not I. I just thought you may want to actually have a conversation that didn't have to do with god since you are so concerned with it being a main topic on here.

So you would rather talk about god than how your day was then?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2320 Oct 5, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
He's projecting. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2321 Oct 5, 2013
iseeyou you mean you are perfectly okay with the 10 commandment displays and prayer at ball games?

Location hidden

#2322 Oct 5, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you mean you are perfectly okay with the 10 commandment displays and prayer at ball games?
I'm not "perfectly" o.k. with it, but I don't put to much though into it, no. I think its stupid, but it makes no difference to me. It doesn't affect how I live my daily life. I don't have to participate or believe in it. I think that christian groups push the publicity of it too much, but no it really doesn't bother me.:)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2323 Oct 5, 2013
well good........Christian groups dont publicize it at all really. The only time I ever hear mention of it is when some crazy atheist cries about the bulletin board he has to drive by every day. No wonder people think you guys are wacko

Location hidden

#2324 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well good........Christian groups dont publicize it at all really. The only time I ever hear mention of it is when some crazy atheist cries about the bulletin board he has to drive by every day. No wonder people think you guys are wacko
I think both parties have extreme members...that's the way I feel when I hear people complain about prayer not being mandated in schools. Everyone has their own personal beliefs, I just feel that they should stay personal. Share opinions and or ideas, but there is no reason to fight about the things that do not matter as much.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2325 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Did you go to church this morning after staying up until 3:00 A.M. posting on an atheist forum?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2326 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
How Jesus of you-- to attempt to belittle someone you do not know.

And worse, someone clearly smarter than you.

You, who cannot manage to use "REPLY"....!

Seriously-- get some help-- under Obamacare, they can no longer deny your pre-existing mental afflictions.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2327 Oct 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>He's projecting. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
They have drugs that will fix you right up.

Seriously.

Before you kill again... go get help.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2328 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Is the ball park 100% privately funded? Then I don't care.

Is the ball park funded by taxes?

Then they have no place.

It really is that simple.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2329 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well good........Christian groups dont publicize it at all really.
Bullshit.

Churches on every street corner-- PAID FOR BY TAX CREDITS.

In short? Paid for by EVERYONE who pays taxes.

Until and if they start paying taxes?

They are freeloading leeches, contributing nothing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2330 Oct 6, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to church this morning after staying up until 3:00 A.M. posting on an atheist forum?
I doubt he goes to a church-- likely he got kicked out early on.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2331 Oct 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he goes to a church-- likely he got kicked out early on.
Agreed.He certainly knows very little about religion, except for the hateful parts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2332 Oct 6, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
When you can prove the god of your mental illness, you will count.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2333 Oct 6, 2013
skeptic a simple question for you. Do you actually know when you are crazy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min renee 34,532
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 33 min Uncle Sam 14,878
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 42 min Lawrence Wolf 396
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 255,503
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr ChristineM 20,053
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 8 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 9 hr emperorjohn 168
More from around the web