'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#2253 Oct 3, 2013
Since you didn't use reply I shall assume you are addressing your multiple "personalities".
antiatheist wrote:
poor little babies still crying about being threatened? I've honestly never heard people whine this much. Its kinda funny
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2254 Oct 3, 2013
The living God is the Judge and he is not a Christian. He will judge righteously and send only the wicked to hell. The punishment will fit the crimes. From what I've read on this thread, there will be a lot of Christians there, the ultimate hypocrites. It doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, if any. Both the wicked and the righteous come in all races, creeds, and colors. Hell is a black hole, it is dark and freezing cold. It's not physical torture but it is mental terror. All sin is conceived of in the mind before being acted out. The threat of hell is supposed to be a deterrent to sin. Jesus is not God and he will also be judged.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2255 Oct 3, 2013
susan WHAT the heck are you talking about? Jesus is not God and He will also be judged? I'm sorry but you are a great example of why a lot of people get confused. Hell is not physical but mental? Where did you get all this from?
So What

Newalla, OK

#2256 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
susan WHAT the heck are you talking about? Jesus is not God and He will also be judged? I'm sorry but you are a great example of why a lot of people get confused. Hell is not physical but mental? Where did you get all this from?
I think she is using Hell as a reference to your mental disability.

I'm not trying to be funny. I think you are actually sick. I believe someone has abused you in your past, and has used Christianity as the excuse for doing so, and your repeating the traumatic event.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2257 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
My theology is the product of thirty years of reading, study, and meditation. Sometimes you have to read between the lines and fill in the blanks. Jesus is prophesied in the OT and he's supposed to be reincarnated. I do believe in his second coming-in the flesh. This time, I doubt he's going to make it. I had a vision of my own death where I went to heaven and saw hell. Hell is a black hole and it's solitary confinement. When your sentence is up, your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2258 Oct 3, 2013
susan you are truly making things up which is part of the problem with todays Christianity. Your "reading between the lines" is ridiculous.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2259 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you people HAVE to be the most sensitive babies I've ever encountered. You are part of the "don't judge me, or don't threaten me" crowd. I told you, its not a threat, its a promise.
I promise that there is no way for you to promise anything when it's just a personal belief ;-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2260 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
poor little babies still crying about being threatened? I've honestly never heard people whine this much. Its kinda funny
Lol... You're funny. Nobody's whining except for you hun.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2261 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
susan you are truly making things up which is part of the problem with todays Christianity. Your "reading between the lines" is ridiculous.
Most of my theology and doctrine is original. But all of theology has a source. God has revealed these maxims to me and I am compelled to proclaim them to the world. The end will not come until the world is warned and evangelized.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2262 Oct 3, 2013
susan.......thats the problem. All your theology is original.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2263 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I'm also not a Christian. I preach the Truth, it's been dubbed susanblangeism. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced and prospered". Daniel 9:13 "...that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth". The truth is never popular and a prophet is not accepted in their own country. The living God has made me. Job 40:19 "He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him".

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2264 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
So Anti, are you having problems dealing with a crazy religious person that makes sh$t up as they go along?

Wow man you have just walked a mile in my shoes!
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2265 Oct 3, 2013
Sources?
antiatheist wrote:
Jesus is not God and He will also be judged
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#2266 Oct 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sources?
<quoted text>
The future prophecies about Jesus are imbedded in scripture about Tyre and Babylon. Ezekiel 28:14 Jesus is called the "anointed cherub",:15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee".:18-19 "...and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee; thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be anymore". Also Isaiah 14:12-20. It's a lot to post so please read (OKJV) Christians call themselves "prisoners, in bondage, and captive" to Jesus.:17 "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?" II Tim. 2:26 "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will". The Truth will set you free.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2267 Oct 3, 2013
susan I'm glad you said you aren't a Christian although it was quite obvious.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2268 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
susan I'm glad you said you aren't a Christian although it was quite obvious.
Yet?

She sound pretty much exactly like....

... you.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2269 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you people HAVE to be the most sensitive babies I've ever encountered. You are part of the "don't judge me, or don't threaten me" crowd. I told you, its not a threat, its a promise.
Hold a mirror up to your face, see ... that is what a hypocrite is.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2270 Oct 3, 2013
oh please.........not another atheist catch word. How does it feel to be a robot?

Earth,TX

#2271 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Almost certainly from one of 50,000 or so splinter groups, that is Christainity. Almost everyone of them teach that they and only they have it right, and every body else is wrong. And you know what, they just might be right. If there is a god, any one of those groups, could be the right one, but it's probably not your sect.

Earth,TX

#2272 Oct 3, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Why is her interpretation any different than yours? None of you take the buybull literally, every bit of it is interpreted, as to how you want it to be.

Seriously, have you dragged any smack-mouth brats before the city elders and demanded they be stoned to death Or maybe just those real sinners who dare to wear mixed fibers? So are you following a literal buybull, or the interpreted one? And just who was your interpreter, for your chosen version?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Aura Mytha 67,567
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 2 hr wondering 10
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 28,712
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Eagle 12 3,559
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
More from around the web