'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2191 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel please tell me you aren't that sensitive. How could that possibly be a threat. I am simply informing you of what will come in your future whether you believe it or not. I'm actually doing you a favor.
Your god cannot be convincing without the threat of torture.

We **get** it already.

Good thing your torturing-god isn't real, isn't it?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2193 Oct 1, 2013
if you don't eat you will starve, if you spend all your money on nonsense you won't be financially secure, if you lie, cheat, and steal bad things will happen. If you call this fortune telling then I can't help ya.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2194 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
there is only one God. All of you will be bowing down to Him one of these days but it will be too late.
There are thousands upon thousands of gods, and all are myth.

Those who will bow, will be the ones signed up to do so, that is unless you are willing to break some lower legs and ankles, to force people to kneel down to the Arabic myth.

Do you know the worst thing in all your god-crap? It is that you don't beleive it either. If you did, you would live as the holy book demands. You get no reprieve from living biblically.

Seriously, how many of your neighbors have you stoned to death, for wearing mixed fibers? How many doctors and nurses have you killed because they worked on a holy day? None? Yea, just what I thought. Do you go before the leaders of your community and demand that sinners be dragged into the streets and stoned? I'd bet not.

Why did I know that? It's because none of you really believe in the god that you try passing on to us. Do you think that if enough believers are not following the book's rules, you will all get a pass on not obeying? LOL! You are not a believer, you are a poser.

You only want everyone else to be claimants too, so that no one will point you out. If there was a god, he would know, that you don't believe, as you are continually proving.

Earth,TX

#2195 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
not a threat.......just a fact. Your day will come
Not a fact, just a threat, and your day has past already, and you did nothing that your holy books demand.

Do you know of no unruly children, do you never see people wearing mixed fibers, have you ever worked on a holy day, or even nuked a meal? Somebody gots some stoning to catch up on.

Earth,TX

#2196 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel please tell me you aren't that sensitive. How could that possibly be a threat. I am simply informing you of what will come in your future whether you believe it or not. I'm actually doing you a favor.
Aren't there enough of you already, not obeying your Arab god? What favor is there in adding new liars to the pot?

If you aren't practicing what you preach (stoning, slavery, misogyny, cannibalism, racism, Paganism) then STFU!

Earth,TX

#2197 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ya you really are sensitive and probably highly influenced by political correctness. If a car was going to hit someone I would think I should say something to that person to let them know. Its not a threat........its simply informing them of whats about to happen.
It's a threat, and it's a lie. You do not live it, how dare you say anything to us? Prove you are living it and then come back and start over. A stoning outside of the third world, should make some spectacular headlines.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2198 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ya you really are sensitive and probably highly influenced by political correctness. If a car was going to hit someone I would think I should say something to that person to let them know. Its not a threat........its simply informing them of whats about to happen.
You have no idea of what's "about" to happen... Lol... You only hope that your thoughts on the matter are correct.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2199 Oct 1, 2013
what all of you think is really irrelevant. As I said, your time will come one of these days and I don't think its going to be pleasant for you. You should really put a lot of thought into your current status and ask yourself if you could be wrong. We are all going to die some day.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2200 Oct 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
what all of you think is really irrelevant. As I said, your time will come one of these days and I don't think its going to be pleasant for you. You should really put a lot of thought into your current status and ask yourself if you could be wrong. We are all going to die some day.
You should do the same darlin.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2201 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
... You should really put a lot of thought into your current status and ask yourself if you could be wrong....
We do.

You should ponder the absurdity of a god sending a prophet to Earth to 'show us the way'.

Religion = superstition

Belief in the afterlife was probably essential for those who flew planes into the WTC. They probably believed they would be rewarded and their actions seen as justified in the afterlife.

Religion is divisive and dangerous. It has lead to Islamism and Zionism.

Earth,TX

#2202 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
One lifetime is plenty, and if some chicken shit god chooses to inflict even more hardships, on people after they die, well I choose hell. I will be damned if I am singing any monster's praises for a billion lifetimes.

I live, I die, and no Arabic god-myth is going to change that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2203 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
what all of you think is really irrelevant.
Clearly it isn't because you're about say something stupid.
antiatheist wrote:
As I said, your time will come one of these days and I don't think its going to be pleasant for you.
Yep! Right on cue, the idiot creationist threatens us all with his imagination!
antiatheist wrote:
You should really put a lot of thought into your current status and ask yourself if you could be wrong.
Since you haven't had the balls to produce any evidence or facts for your cult telling the truth, you confirm our status for us and all to see.
antiatheist wrote:
We are all going to die some day.
Believing in an imaginary creature is not going to change this for anyone.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2204 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
if you don't eat you will starve, if you spend all your money on nonsense you won't be financially secure, if you lie, cheat, and steal bad things will happen. If you call this fortune telling then I can't help ya.
Why are you lying about god? Didn't your cult teach you anything? Obviously you have no morals because you cannot admit that you're a liar with no proof.

You can't even stand up to your own imaginary rulebook.
So What

Newalla, OK

#2205 Oct 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is divisive and dangerous. It has lead to Islamism and Zionism.
Don't forget Atheism.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2206 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Pascal's Wager
So What

Newalla, OK

#2208 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
If there is enteral life does someone really die? You should think before you type, Christian. Don't let hatred drive your policies.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2209 Oct 2, 2013
Maybe there is a god that rewards non belief better than religious sycophancy.

You can't disprove this.
antiatheist wrote:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2210 Oct 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
1) Eating is a real thing.

Easily proven by the observation of countries where eating is **not** a right-- and people who don't eat, die.

(where is your "good" god when the 1000's of dying children starve?)

2) Being poor is a real thing.

Easily proven by watching the ReThuglican Congress strip away the rights from everyone who is not **rich**, to the point they become homeless and begin to starve. See point 1.

(where is your "good" god when the 1000's of dying children must live on the streets?)

3) Lying is a real thing.

Easily proven by observing the ReThuglican congress try to get out of the consequences of their endless parade of lies.

(where is your "good" god when the 1000's of dying children lose their helping hand because of selfish congressmen?)

4) Cheating is a real thing.

Easily proven by watching any random Genuine Christian™ married couple for a few years-- the odds are? If you pick one of these at random, within 5 years, one or the other in the marriage **will** cheat on the other-- in many cases? Both.

5) Stealing is a real thing.

Easily proven by watching our government bleed the poor to "feed" the 1% who are filthy rich....

6) Your god? And your filthy god's custom torture-pit (hell)?

Isn't actually REAL.

For a total lack of FACTS, as it turns out...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2211 Oct 2, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>If there is enteral life does someone really die? You should think before you type, Christian. Don't let hatred drive your policies.
Too late... he is truly a hate cultist....
So What

Newalla, OK

#2212 Oct 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Maybe there is a god that rewards non belief better than religious sycophancy.
You can't disprove this.
<quoted text>
You could be right! Matthew 6:1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min replaytime 61,219
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Subduction Zone 2,675
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Dogen 28,314
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 20 hr IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web