'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Comments
2,021 - 2,040 of 7,541 Comments Last updated May 29, 2014

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2130
Sep 27, 2013
 
antiatheist wrote:
a sure statement......aren't you sure God doesn't exist?
I am sure that god does not exist and that god is "not possible"

Its been proven over and over again, there's no maybe about it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2131
Sep 27, 2013
 
Its been proven by religious liars through the centuries, not a single one can stand up to scientific evidence or define the god that they are lying about properly.

It is a waste of time talking to mentally ill idiots who cannot understand logic and can't even understand how atheism isn't a religion...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2132
Sep 27, 2013
 
Creationist trolls love to spam the atheism forums and so there needs to be some balance.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2133
Sep 27, 2013
 
Einstein rejected the label atheist.

You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist ...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2134
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

lol skeptic and bob.........biggest idiots on topix

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2135
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

antiatheist wrote:
lol skeptic and bob.........biggest idiots on topix
The above?

Is neither an argument in support of, nor evidence for, a god.

You lose by default: your god is still not real.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2136
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nope wasn't trying to show evidence for God. But you can't argue that my statement was incorrect.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2137
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

2

antiatheist wrote:
lol skeptic and bob.........biggest idiots on topix
You words are worthless, show cause. You have some proof don't you? Or should we see this post like all the rest of yours,(with no proof) it is all just lies?

Did you notice that I didn't call you the biggest idiot on topix? Do you know why? It's because I can't prove whether there is actually a bigger one or not.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2138
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

antiatheist wrote:
Nope wasn't trying to show evidence for God. But you can't argue that my statement was incorrect.
Actually? I can-- you are a well established liar.

As such, anything you write is most likely a lie.

That's what you get for being a godbot.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2139
Sep 27, 2013
 
antiatheist wrote:
I could give you source after source iseeyou and you wouldn't accept it. Isn't it just common knowledge that most college professors are liberals? Is this new news to you?
You could just give it a shot. You are predicting a failure without you showing a single card. We get that no one ever believes you, but maybe they would, if you would show your proof.

Come on, give it a shot, just one small bit of that proof.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2140
Sep 27, 2013
 
antiatheist wrote:
Nope wasn't trying to show evidence for God. But you can't argue that my statement was incorrect.
No proof creationist troll as useful as a damp paper bag

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2141
Sep 27, 2013
 
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You could just give it a shot. You are predicting a failure without you showing a single card. We get that no one ever believes you, but maybe they would, if you would show your proof.
Come on, give it a shot, just one small bit of that proof.
They know that they are lying - watch e insults fly in again when hte liars are cornered....
WarForOil

Southlake, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2142
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>

There will be food trucks present from 11am to 3pm. Trucks scheduled for the day are:
Nammi ~ Vietnamese
Crazy Fish ~ Sushi
Gandolfo's ~ N.Y. Deli
Ruthie's ~ Grilled Cheese
Cool Haus ~ Ice Cream
Trailer Cakes ~ Cupcakes
The Butcher's Son ~ Meaty Sandwiches
and the parks own food truck, Relish ~ Burgers & Hot Dogs

Once we've had our fill of great grub from the trucks, we'll throw the Frisbee/football, play with the dogs, gallop through the park, and whatever else the cooler temps compel us too.
It's hard to image a lower form of life than
one who relishes eating from a food truck.
Have you any pride left.

You shouldn't be hard to recognize.
Your rounded profile will be apparent.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2143
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

lol you guys are hilarious. Sound like a bunch of atheistbots which is exactly what you are. Thanks for the laugh this morning

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2144
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

antiatheist wrote:
lol you guys are hilarious. Sound like a bunch of atheistbots which is exactly what you are. Thanks for the laugh this morning
Awww good morning to you too sunshine!:-)
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2145
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Einstein was a non believer just like Dawkins.

It's cu*ts like you that can't be trusted with labels.
LCNLin wrote:
Einstein rejected the label atheist.
You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist ...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2146
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

and Newton believed in God. Whats your point
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2147
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Newton also believed in alchemy.

I gladly use that which has been peer reviewed, such as Newton's motion laws, whilst discounting Newton's belief in god and alchemy.

What's the point of you?
antiatheist wrote:
and Newton believed in God. Whats your point
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2148
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

oh you atheists never cease to amaze me. Are you now saying Newton was not a brilliant man? I could name several others but whats the use. You would never accept it. You are way too brainwashed for reason.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2149
Sep 30, 2013
 
antiatheist wrote:
... You are way too brainwashed for reason.
Talking of brainwashed...
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Religion = superstition

Newton died in 1727. It's one thing to believe in god hundreds of years ago, but quite another to be so superstitious in the 21st century. There were flat-Earthers in 1727, but modern religionists have fewer excuses for ignorance.

"By 1800, Zetetic societies were flourishing in England.'Zetetic' means 'seeker' or 'skeptic'.(Ed - Modern Skeptics generally accept mainstream science and are skeptical of religious and other supernatural beliefs. Ironic, eh?:-) The flat-earthers took this name to symbolize their skepticism toward orthodox scientific views of the shape of the earth."
http://www.lhup.edu/~DSimanek/flat/flateart.h...

Perhaps 'Centers for Intelligent Design' might be seen as a sort of modern parallel with the Zetetic societies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,602
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 46 min CunningLinguist 229
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 257
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••