'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2110 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel do you have an atheist meeting tonight?
Sunday brunch at a beautiful park downtown wanna come?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2111 Sep 26, 2013
let me guess whats on the agenda...God?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2112 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha......I guarantee you that you will not accept ANY source you don't agree with. Been there done that with worthless atheists before. Some of the most hypocritical on this earth. No wonder you make up less than 10% of the worlds population.
and yes iseeyou.......when it comes to matters such as this college professors can't be trusted. That is exactly your problem, you are easily influenced by these types of people.
I don't know why you consistently choose to try to tell me who I am. If I disagree with something that a source says it's not simply because I disagree with whats being said, it's because the source is unreliable. I'm not being hypocritical... you however are not looking at the sources you are given, and the information and then choosing to make the decision that the whole of something is wrong because one thing may be wrong. If there were several things wrong with it, then fine I could see your point, but there is one thing that you decided was a hoax and you base your entire decision on that instead of researching anything in it's entirety. Why would you expect anyone to put merit into the things that you say after watching you do that. You don't have to agree with me, or anyone else for that matter, but that action alone is you being hypocritical.. You say that all atheists do that. I don't do that, but you do. Why?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2113 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
let me guess whats on the agenda...God?
Of course not...Atheists never talk about god silly

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2114 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
let me guess whats on the agenda...God?
Let me quess, you found one? If so bring it, we have some questions.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2115 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
let me guess whats on the agenda...God?
None of them were mentioned as being on the agenda.

There will be food trucks present from 11am to 3pm. Trucks scheduled for the day are:
Nammi ~ Vietnamese
Crazy Fish ~ Sushi
Gandolfo's ~ N.Y. Deli
Ruthie's ~ Grilled Cheese
Cool Haus ~ Ice Cream
Trailer Cakes ~ Cupcakes
The Butcher's Son ~ Meaty Sandwiches
and the parks own food truck, Relish ~ Burgers & Hot Dogs

Once we've had our fill of great grub from the trucks, we'll throw the Frisbee/football, play with the dogs, gallop through the park, and whatever else the cooler temps compel us too. If you have a favorite outdoor activity in mind, do bring the accessories involved and we'll give it a shot. The high should be in the 80's, if the forecast holds, so there'll be relief from the heat by then.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2116 Sep 26, 2013
I could give you source after source iseeyou and you wouldn't accept it. Isn't it just common knowledge that most college professors are liberals? Is this new news to you?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2117 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I could give you source after source...
No... you could not.

Or you **would** have already-- and be up for a Nobel prize too.

So, no-- you can do no such thing.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2118 Sep 26, 2013
bob......man I understand you are lonely and just want to be a part of the conversation. I really do feel a little sympathy for you, but please try and find a person, perhaps a family member, that understands your problems. Good luck
So What

Newalla, OK

#2119 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I could give you source after source iseeyou and you wouldn't accept it. Isn't it just common knowledge that most college professors are liberals? Is this new news to you?
It is fact that well educated people are more likely to be liberal. But less educated Christians are more likely to be hateful.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2120 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I could give you source after source iseeyou and you wouldn't accept it. Isn't it just common knowledge that most college professors are liberals? Is this new news to you?
It makes no difference to me about the professors actually. I haven't ever asked that question or find the answer to it. I would not accept anything that makes the for sure statement that they know a god exists, no.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2121 Sep 26, 2013
a sure statement......aren't you sure God doesn't exist?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2122 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
a sure statement......aren't you sure God doesn't exist?
I'm sure that I have no signs or proof for a god at this moment in time...That does not mean there may never be.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2123 Sep 26, 2013
so you are saying there might be a God.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2124 Sep 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
so you are saying there might be a God.
I'm saying that I cannot rule out the possibility... just as you cannot rule out the possibility that there is not.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2125 Sep 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
bob......man I understand you are lonely and just want to be a part of the conversation. I really do feel a little sympathy for you, but please try and find a person, perhaps a family member, that understands your problems. Good luck
The above?

Is neither an argument in support of, nor evidence for, a god.

You lose by default: your god is still not real.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2126 Sep 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
a sure statement......aren't you sure God doesn't exist?
Which god?

As soon as you define it? We can give you an answer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2127 Sep 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
so you are saying there might be a God.
First?

It's up to **you**, the person making the claim "god is real" to **define** which god you mean.

There are millions of **different** ones from which to choose.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2128 Sep 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I could give you source after source iseeyou and you wouldn't accept it. Isn't it just common knowledge that most college professors are liberals? Is this new news to you?
Your imagination does not count as a source.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2129 Sep 27, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
so you are saying there might be a God.
We're saying whatever the hell your creationist mental illness interprets you dumb f*ck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 5 min superwilly 52
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min superwilly 256,030
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 19 min ATHEOI 21
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min One way or another 40,677
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 29 min woodtick57 20,605
A Universe from Nothing? 53 min ilovedesigirls 76
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Reason Personified 255
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr ChristineM 16,157
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr ChristineM 24,079
More from around the web