The problem of evil and hate

The problem of evil and hate

There are 386 comments on the The Gleaner story from Oct 20, 2013, titled The problem of evil and hate. In it, The Gleaner reports that:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gleaner.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#309 Dec 12, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lennon was cool but treated his first wife in an unkind manner?
Nobody's perfect. I think he learned his lesson and treated Yoko well. Elijahs second wife is also Asian-Chinese.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#310 Dec 12, 2013
The problem with evil and hate is there is too much of both. Some do them for fun, others do them for that is all they know, while yet others do them for just because they are @$$holes. I myself am guilty of them for when someone gives them to me, I give it back to them back. Not saying I am right, just saying I give what I get.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#311 Dec 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Who proved it false, Jesus? He is Satans false messiah and he fulfilled scripture about Lucifer. Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28. There's also a sprinkling about him in the rest of the prophets. When the real Messiah comes, you will understand the scriptures. Proverbs 9:10 "...and the knowledge of the holy is understanding".
logic proves the god of the bible false.

jesus was just another of many, many messiahs of his time. he was a jew preaching the law of moses and the kingdom of god he hoped to bring about was the one of the old testament where the twelve tribes of israel were brought back together to rule over their promised land of israel with all the non jews cleansed out by blood and sword.

nothing special about him at all. just another preacher of a proven false cult.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#312 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
The problem with evil and hate is there is too much of both. Some do them for fun, others do them for that is all they know, while yet others do them for just because they are @$$holes. I myself am guilty of them for when someone gives them to me, I give it back to them back. Not saying I am right, just saying I give what I get.
yuou should ask your god for forgiveness and see how that works for you...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#313 Dec 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yuou should ask your god for forgiveness and see how that works for you...
Or I could be an @&&hole like you. I prefer not to. To many idiots on this forum adding to all the evil and hate and you are one of them. I know would I would like to do but that will remain unspoken.
ol pa

Butler, PA

#314 Dec 12, 2013
Now it has degenerated into real hardcore hippie blabbering. Blabber on, it is soooo entertaining, especially suzies comments, they are especially strange blabberings. Strange but oddly entertaining hippie blabberings
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#315 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
The problem with evil and hate is there is too much of both. Some do them for fun, others do them for that is all they know, while yet others do them for just because they are @$$holes. I myself am guilty of them for when someone gives them to me, I give it back to them back. Not saying I am right, just saying I give what I get.
What goes around, comes around. The Messiah is the same way. "With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the forward thou wilt shew thyself forward". Psalm 18:25-26.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#316 Dec 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What goes around, comes around. The Messiah is the same way. "With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the forward thou wilt shew thyself forward". Psalm 18:25-26.
Susan it does not matter if you are good or evil. Ask for forgiveness and God will give it. You can live a life of evil and then repent and ask God for forgiveness and you shall have it. Myself I think that is a flaw for if you live a life of evil then you should pay for it in eternity.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#317 Dec 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>logic proves the god of the bible false.
jesus was just another of many, many messiahs of his time. he was a jew preaching the law of moses and the kingdom of god he hoped to bring about was the one of the old testament where the twelve tribes of israel were brought back together to rule over their promised land of israel with all the non jews cleansed out by blood and sword.
nothing special about him at all. just another preacher of a proven false cult.
I am not a Christian WT and I agree with you. The Messiah will purge the earth by fire and cause the Temple to be rebuilt. Israel will be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Those cleansed out of the land will be all idolaters, including Christians. The real Messiah is alive on earth today and is just waiting for the right time. The Kingdom of God is a literal, world ruling kingdom and is also called "The New World Order". Jesus did away with most of the law of Moses.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#318 Dec 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian WT and I agree with you. The Messiah will purge the earth by fire and cause the Temple to be rebuilt. Israel will be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Those cleansed out of the land will be all idolaters, including Christians. The real Messiah is alive on earth today and is just waiting for the right time. The Kingdom of God is a literal, world ruling kingdom and is also called "The New World Order". Jesus did away with most of the law of Moses.
You are completely lost. The NWO (New World Order) is against everything you believe in. Good luck with that. My best advice to you is come to reality, get up dated and see what is going on.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#319 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan it does not matter if you are good or evil. Ask for forgiveness and God will give it. You can live a life of evil and then repent and ask God for forgiveness and you shall have it. Myself I think that is a flaw for if you live a life of evil then you should pay for it in eternity.
I believe it does matter if you are good or evil. The destiny of your spirit depends on the condition of your soul (body) when you die. If you die an unrepentant sinner it will cost you your life. The OT teaches that a righteous person, the moment you sin, your righteousness will be forgotten and you will die. Likewise, the moment a wicked person does that which is lawful and right (and repents) he will live in his righteousness and his sin will be forgotten. God will forgive any thing but a deadly sin. She wants to save as many lives as she can, every life is precious.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#320 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely lost. The NWO (New World Order) is against everything you believe in. Good luck with that. My best advice to you is come to reality, get up dated and see what is going on.
The NWO is a code name for the coming kingdom headed by the Messiah (God). Christians will call this person "Antichrist" and she will bring peace and prosperity to the world. There will also be a world law, world religion and world language. Jerusalem will be the capital city of the world and the state of Israel will be a state of the USA. Both houses of Israel will be united into one nation. Christianity will be abolished and forbidden within her borders. We will be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#321 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Or I could be an @&&hole like you. I prefer not to. To many idiots on this forum adding to all the evil and hate and you are one of them.
Then I guess that makes you exactly the same. For if you did not want to add to it like you say everyone else does here, you would not post.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#322 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan it does not matter if you are good or evil. Ask for forgiveness and God will give it. You can live a life of evil and then repent and ask God for forgiveness and you shall have it.
How the heck do you know?

It's VERY possible you could be zapped up the buttt with lightning bolts by Zeus for eternity.
Jim

UK

#323 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan it does not matter if you are good or evil. Ask for forgiveness and God will give it. You can live a life of evil and then repent and ask God for forgiveness and you shall have it. Myself I think that is a flaw for if you live a life of evil then you should pay for it in eternity.
This is how they brainswash those poor people.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#324 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely lost. The NWO (New World Order) is against everything you believe in. Good luck with that. My best advice to you is come to reality, get up dated and see what is going on.
oh jeez...figures you're one of those also..

break out the Heavy duty Reynold Wrap and your S'quatch hunting night vision gear!

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#327 Dec 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh jeez...figures you're one of those also..
break out the Heavy duty Reynold Wrap and your S'quatch hunting night vision gear!
Hey!! I live in the Pacific Northwest and have seen Sasquatch live here. The following is an example of this. He was chased and treed up a ladder. Watch the amazing move he uses to escape his persecutors:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#328 Dec 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!! I live in the Pacific Northwest and have seen Sasquatch live here. The following is an example of this. He was chased and treed up a ladder. Watch the amazing move he uses to escape his persecutors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FcRYGTPml_4XX
and now we know S'quatches feed on NBA basketballs...good to know, it will make finding them in the future easier...

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#329 Dec 13, 2013
Sadly there have been very few Squatch sightings since the Sonics went to Oklahoma.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#330 Dec 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Sadly there have been very few Squatch sightings since the Sonics went to Oklahoma.
i don't have TV, but they do have basic cable at our families cabin. they actually have shows about bigfoot hunters! and i think people watch them!

i weep for the future of our species...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 51,204
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 20 min Thinking 180
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 35 min Eagle 12 455
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 11,384
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Eagle 12 22,076
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 15 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,631
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 hr nanoanomaly 24,624
More from around the web