Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Philippians 2:10-11 (NKJV)
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Amused

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

dollarsbill wrote:
Philippians 2:10-11 (NKJV)
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis:[interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis:[interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
"they could not believe"
Amused

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"they could not believe"
So your all-knowing and benevolent god responds to this inability, which *he* created, by torturing them forever. That's both illogical and sick.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
So your all-knowing and benevolent god responds to this inability, which *he* created, by torturing them forever. That's both illogical and sick.
He offered you absolute pardon. Don't blame God that you refuse Him.
Amused

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
He offered you absolute pardon. Don't blame God that you refuse Him.
I'm not the one positing that there is a god who made some people incapable of belief. That's you, complete with citations to your wholly babble. So, if your babble is correct, and your god made some people incapable of belief, how, then, can you claim he is just and merciful, when he then tortures people forever for failing to do the very thing he made it impossible for them to do? If I offer you a million dollars if you jump 100 feet straight up in the air, is it your fault that you refused my offer because you cannot do so? Your sense of logic is completely deranged.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one positing that there is a god who made some people incapable of belief. That's you, complete with citations to your wholly babble. So, if your babble is correct, and your god made some people incapable of belief, how, then, can you claim he is just and merciful, when he then tortures people forever for failing to do the very thing he made it impossible for them to do? If I offer you a million dollars if you jump 100 feet straight up in the air, is it your fault that you refused my offer because you cannot do so? Your sense of logic is completely deranged.
If you cannot believe it's because God did not choose you.

"to the church"

2 Thessalonians 1 (NKJV)
1 To the church ...

13 God from the beginning chose you for salvation ...

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

dollarsbill wrote:
Philippians 2:10-11 (NKJV)
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
-------

Where will every knee bow to king Jesus, in the grave? It is impossible! Jesus has been dead for more than 2000 years. Besides, in what sense could Jesus have been a king? There is no record for that matter either in Israel or anywhere else in the world. That's the reason why he was arrested, tried and crucified: Because his disciples were acclaiming him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem, a Roman province in the First Century.(Luke 19:37-40) So, the reference to him as a king sounds more like a joke in memory.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Shibolet wrote:
Jesus has been dead for more than 2000 years.
According to whom?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 14, 2013
 
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
He offered you absolute pardon. Don't blame God that you refuse Him.
When you discover morals and honesty, we atheists will be happy to educate you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Every Knee Will Bow To King Jesus:-

My keens don't bend to anybody.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you discover morals and honesty, we atheists will be happy to educate you.
Already have from Jesus.

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot believe it's because God did not choose you.
"to the church"
2 Thessalonians 1 (NKJV)
1 To the church ...
13 God from the beginning chose you for salvation ...
If god did not choose us, why the f*ck are you being so hateful and posting creationist quotes in the atheist forum?

What is wrong with you?

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
According to whom?
-----

According to the only Scriptures that Jesus used to handle. Read Job 7:9; 10:21; 14:12; 2 Sam.12:23; Psa.88;11; 49:12; Prov.2:19. I think it's enough. You got the message. At least that Jesus was a Jewish man and Jews do not believe in bodily resurrection.
Amused

Upton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot believe it's because God did not choose you.
"to the church"
2 Thessalonians 1 (NKJV)
1 To the church ...
13 God from the beginning chose you for salvation ...
And, therefore, he will, according to your demented ramblings, torture me forever because *he* chose to do so. Nothing I say or do can override *his* decision. That's about as worthy of worship as Dr. Mengele choosing which jews to spare as they come off the trains, and which to gas immediately.
Image

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 19, 2013
 
Every time I hear about how every knee shall bow, I think about Hank Hill's father, who got his shins blown off...his knees CAN'T bend....I know he's a cartoon but there are lots of people who do not have knees....the bible didn't think about those people, did it?

“Valar Morghulis”

Since: Jun 13

All Men Must Die

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Who you gonna bow to, some guy who said 2,000 years ago that he'd be "right back," or ME?
Amused

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lord Stannis wrote:
Who you gonna bow to, some guy who said 2,000 years ago that he'd be "right back," or ME?
Neither.

Since: Feb 13

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lord Stannis wrote:
Who you gonna bow to, some guy who said 2,000 years ago that he'd be "right back," or ME?
-----

Sorry but you are being influenced by preconceived notions. Jesus was a Jewish person and Jews do not believe that someone can ever return from death. Paul must have been the one who said that in order to build some structure for his church.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 19, 2013
 
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Already have from Jesus.
Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
I'd glad that you believe the world needs more atheists and that you will be be one chosen to create them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min CunningLinguist 21,486
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,142
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 394
100% Faith Free 3 hr Patrick 6
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 3 hr Patrick 5
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 5 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 8 hr Patrick 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••