Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 11901 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6458 Nov 25, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Thinking atheists become agnostics,
Richard Dawkins in a the prime example.
I ain't gonna 'become' nothing else. I come into this world an innocent Human Being ... I become a Christian at the insistence of my Mother, later I become an Atheist (at the awakening of my mind). Becoming an Agnostic would be a big step in the wrong direction. I'm no more likely to follow Dawkins example than I am the Pope's. In the grown up world, you got to look at the facts, make a decision and take a stand. Agnosticism reeks of ambivalence and this is a matter where ambivalence is a deal killer.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6459 Nov 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dawkins is an asshat.
He's a Brit and you really gotta get pissed (a lot) with those people to learn to like 'em.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6460 Nov 25, 2013
James wrote:
Why do they ridicule Christians/Christianity?
Because they're selfish. By doing so, they aren't doing this world any good, and the world would be a better place without them. It's idiots that ridicule others for their own selfish reasons that deserve to commit suicide, to get cancer, etc. Christians and other religious groups should treat people like that as the swine that they are.
Wow. I wouldn't have thought ANYBODY deserves to commit suicide or get cancer. Believe me ... Christians and other religious groups do treat us like the swine that they are.

"Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us and pigs treat us as equals." <Winston Churchill>

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6461 Nov 25, 2013
swerty wrote:
eligions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep. They’re among the most powerful instruments of social conditioning. They operate by eroding your trust in your own intellect, gradually convincing you to put your trust into some external entity, such as a deity, prominent figure, or great book. Of course these instruments are usually controlled by those who administrate the minion training program, but they don’t have to be. Simply by convincing you to give your power away to something outside yourself, religion will condition you to be weaker, more docile, and easier to control. Religions actively promote this weakening process as if it were beneficial, commonly branding it with the word faith. What they’re actually promoting is submission<quoted text>
Well said and SPOT ON!! Couldn't agree more!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6462 Nov 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
If religions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep, then atheism must has been very effective at turning you into a suckpig
Another 'pig' reference. You 'bots got something against pigs? They ain't sheep, that's for sure. The godly folk are associated with sheep and Satan's minions hang with the pigs ... interesting. Why is that do you think?(see the Churchill quote)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6463 Nov 25, 2013
thanks, here is the linkhttp://www.stevepavlina.co m/blog/2008/05/10-reasons-you- should-never-have-a-religion/
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and SPOT ON!! Couldn't agree more!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6464 Nov 25, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6465 Nov 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't the Prove There's a God thread, Chuckles, and three tiny paragraphs are not an essay. Get a grip.
Nope. It's the "Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?" thread and y'all flock here, feathers all rumpled, providing many answers to the question! Thank you.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6466 Nov 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to enjoy having a persecution complex. I think they believe their being persecuted fulfills some biblical prophesy.
We're dealing with some marginally functional personalities right now. Notice the obsessive abuse of the "Judge it" function. Somebody must be doing that as they shred a phone book one tiny little strip at a time. I can imagine their homes, filled with smoldering 'votive candles', well-worn, book marked bibles in every room, pictures of Richard Dawkins plastering the walls smeared with Human excrement. It's kind of spooky.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6467 Nov 26, 2013
swerty wrote:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/bl og/2008/05/10-reasons-you-shou ld-never-have-a-religion/
Interesting fellow! Deserving of more time than I can spend on it this morning.'Spirituality' usually turns me off but I think he's coming more from a 'Human Spirit' than a supernatural, ghostly 'spirit' thing. I'll have to do some more reading ...

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#6468 Nov 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We're dealing with some marginally functional personalities right now. Notice the obsessive abuse of the "Judge it" function. Somebody must be doing that as they shred a phone book one tiny little strip at a time. I can imagine their homes, filled with smoldering 'votive candles', well-worn, book marked bibles in every room, pictures of Richard Dawkins plastering the walls smeared with Human excrement. It's kind of spooky.
LOL! And I'm sure there are crucifixes, the ones with really detailed Jesuses, crown of thorns, nails through the hands and feet, etc, on every wall.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6469 Nov 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! And I'm sure there are crucifixes, the ones with really detailed Jesuses, crown of thorns, nails through the hands and feet, etc, on every wall.
Yeah ... I see those and I'm like "is that any worse than going to work every day?" ... I mean, what's the big deal?
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6470 Nov 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I was asking for evidence for god's existence.
Define God
Then define what you accept as proof
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#6472 Nov 26, 2013
Actually Dawkins hasn't changed his Atheist/agnostic position in all the decades he has been publishing scientific papers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_thei...

Dawkins is a 6 or 6.x.

I prefer the term non believer because religitards sure like to twist the word "Atheist" in order to misinform.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't gonna 'become' nothing else. I come into this world an innocent Human Being ... I become a Christian at the insistence of my Mother, later I become an Atheist (at the awakening of my mind). Becoming an Agnostic would be a big step in the wrong direction. I'm no more likely to follow Dawkins example than I am the Pope's. In the grown up world, you got to look at the facts, make a decision and take a stand. Agnosticism reeks of ambivalence and this is a matter where ambivalence is a deal killer.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#6473 Nov 26, 2013
siro believes islam is a race.

islam is no more a race than auto erotic asphyxiation is.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Another 'pig' reference. You 'bots got something against pigs? They ain't sheep, that's for sure. The godly folk are associated with sheep and Satan's minions hang with the pigs ... interesting. Why is that do you think?(see the Churchill quote)
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6474 Nov 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
siro believes islam is a race.
islam is no more a race than auto erotic asphyxiation is.
<quoted text>
You and everyone else knows I never said islam or muslims are a race.
I have said nothing against islam but you call me a racist
Care to explain why and where islam comes into it?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#6475 Nov 26, 2013
Hitler's SS was full of muslim and christian sheep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Waffen_Moun...
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Another 'pig' reference. You 'bots got something against pigs? They ain't sheep, that's for sure. The godly folk are associated with sheep and Satan's minions hang with the pigs ... interesting. Why is that do you think?(see the Churchill quote)
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6476 Nov 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
siro believes islam is a race.
islam is no more a race than auto erotic asphyxiation is.
<quoted text>
Remember this you tard?

Are Atheists mentally ill?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
post #227
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You bellyache about muslims at every given opportunity.
You see, I know how you lesser beings play this game.
You wont say that you dont like pakis because to do so makes you racist and unPC.
So you use the term 'muslim' because muslim is not a race but it covers a good deal of non whites in UK. Much the same way you do not say you are anti-Semitic but instead you say you are anti zionist.
Listen up you sooky crybaby living in the bedroom closet by night, everybody knows the deal with me. So if you think you are 'exposing' me and im supposed to be scared - remember one thing - I didnt come here to be popular and I dont care what the topix atheist collective thinks of me.
You think I came here to convert you?
I only come here for laughs cucky....
Q: why do swingers clubs hate Skeptic and Thinking?
A: because they are having to host 2 cucks for the price of 1
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#6478 Nov 26, 2013
Like many religitards, siro posts under multiple identities to bulk out his numbers.

siro is desperate to smear any viewpoint that is not islamist as racist.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The mentally ill person is the one who's trying to lie about god and got caught out when trying it.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6479 Nov 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Like many religitards, siro posts under multiple identities to bulk out his numbers.
siro is desperate to smear any viewpoint that is not islamist as racist.
<quoted text>
You say I have multiple socks?
Well...name them!
As for me being pro 'islamist' and calling anything anti islamist as racist?
The term 'islamist' is more to do with politics rather than religion. You can call al qaeda 'islamist' because they are more about political power rather than the islamic religion. In fact the closest thing to a particular religious belief they have is wahhabism which hates every other islamic sect and is more about establishing a global saudi caste over the world.
Im just waiting for the day when you lot have theism declared as racism. Nothing to do with race in the biological sense because atheists see race as being a social construct.
What have you to say now you loser?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 23 min Eagle 12 - 632
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 21 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web