Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 Full story: Free Republic 6,060

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Full Story
LCNLin

United States

#6405 Nov 22, 2013
Thinking atheists become agnostics,
Richard Dawkins in a the prime example.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#6406 Nov 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can do is make insults - you can't prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
I will keep reminding you that you RUN SCARED from the question "where is the the proof of god you're lying to us about?"
This is creationist weasel beahaviour.
Siro proof of god.
He can't offer any. God does not exist.
First, let's describe god.
God is all knowing/powerful, and has rules he wants us to know.

Well, we don't all know those rules. That's a simple fact.
So, either god doesn't have the ability to tell us those rules, so he's either not all powerful or all knowing, in either case, he's not god. Or, he doesn't care if we know the rules or not, in which case, he's not god.
So, we see the god described above does not exist.
LCNLin

United States

#6407 Nov 22, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't offer any. God does not exist.
First, let's describe god.
God is all knowing/powerful, and has rules he wants us to know.
Well, we don't all know those rules.

That's a simple

fact.
So, either god doesn't have the ability to tell us those rules, so he's either not all powerful or all knowing, in either case, he's not god. Or, he doesn't care if we know the rules or not, in which case, he's not god.
So, we see the god described above does not exist.
"That's a simple" post.

Fallacy of the staw-man
LOL
Try again later?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6408 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Dawkins is an asshat.

Santa Monica, CA

#6409 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's a simple" post.
Fallacy of the staw-man
LOL
Try again later?
Well, point out the "staw" man I attacked.
(You don't even know what the term means.)
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#6410 Nov 22, 2013
Why do they ridicule Christians/Christianity?

Because they're selfish. By doing so, they aren't doing this world any good, and the world would be a better place without them. It's idiots that ridicule others for their own selfish reasons that deserve to commit suicide, to get cancer, etc. Christians and other religious groups should treat people like that as the swine that they are.
solar system san diego

Shimla, India

#6411 Nov 22, 2013
on-THE-GO MONITORING
This Solar System Company in San Diego furnishes you an extraordinary administration which permits you to view the vigor data anyplace and at whatever time you need as it works through electronic interface. You are likewise given a possibility of imparting the execution of your framework to your close and dear ones and commend your low bills and clean vigor processing.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6419 Nov 23, 2013
eligions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep. They’re among the most powerful instruments of social conditioning. They operate by eroding your trust in your own intellect, gradually convincing you to put your trust into some external entity, such as a deity, prominent figure, or great book. Of course these instruments are usually controlled by those who administrate the minion training program, but they don’t have to be. Simply by convincing you to give your power away to something outside yourself, religion will condition you to be weaker, more docile, and easier to control. Religions actively promote this weakening process as if it were beneficial, commonly branding it with the word faith. What they’re actually promoting is submission
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's a simple" post.
Fallacy of the staw-man
LOL
Try again later?
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6420 Nov 23, 2013
swerty wrote:
eligions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep. They’re among the most powerful instruments of social conditioning. They operate by eroding your trust in your own intellect, gradually convincing you to put your trust into some external entity, such as a deity, prominent figure, or great book. Of course these instruments are usually controlled by those who administrate the minion training program, but they don’t have to be. Simply by convincing you to give your power away to something outside yourself, religion will condition you to be weaker, more docile, and easier to control. Religions actively promote this weakening process as if it were beneficial, commonly branding it with the word faith. What they’re actually promoting is submission<quoted text>
If religions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep, then atheism must has been very effective at turning you into a suckpig

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#6421 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to convert to Creationism, thanks...
Nobody gives a crap whether you convert to ANYTHING, or not, chump, but if you could be civil instead of hateful you might get someone to believe you're not totally whacked out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#6422 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its better that you write essays about the sexes, than try to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about.
This isn't the Prove There's a God thread, Chuckles, and three tiny paragraphs are not an essay. Get a grip.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#6423 Nov 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody gives a crap whether you convert to ANYTHING, or not, chump, but if you could be civil instead of hateful you might get someone to believe you're not totally whacked out.
she remains good comedy
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#6424 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowardly Creationists attack Dawkins because they cannot attack Atheism itself.
There's nothing about atheism TO attack, loon, it's just a personal choice about what to believe or not believe. Dawkins, OTOH, is a creep with an aggressive political agenda of brainwashing the public and THAT is just as evil as the propaganda that the scum that runs Capitol Hill spreads via the media. He needs to mind his own business and quit trying to manipulate the minds of strangers. Normal atheists don't spend their life ridiculing other people for enjoying the same privilege of free will and choice as they do; they respect the fact that nobody should ever be a mental clone of any other person. Every human brain is different from every other brain, otherwise mankind would not be as creative as it is. If everybody had the same exact thoughts as every other person this would be the most mind numbingly boring existence possible. We might as well be snails as become the automatons in Dawkin's syncretic soldiers for his own personal, nihilistic sophistry.
Again, Dawkins is an asshat who has a wildly overblown appreciation of his own opinions as being "right" for everyone else on the planet. His enormous ego precedes him at every turn of his heel.
Bleh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#6425 Nov 23, 2013
James wrote:
Why do they ridicule Christians/Christianity?
Because they're selfish. By doing so, they aren't doing this world any good, and the world would be a better place without them. It's idiots that ridicule others for their own selfish reasons that deserve to commit suicide, to get cancer, etc. Christians and other religious groups should treat people like that as the swine that they are.
Poe!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

North Hollywood, CA

#6430 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, notice how creationists say 'why are you attacking us" when their bible says all atheists are fools and they attack scientists who are simply observing the world and reporting their findings...
They seem to enjoy having a persecution complex. I think they believe their being persecuted fulfills some biblical prophesy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#6431 Nov 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheism pertains to belief, agnosticism pertains to knowledge,and both are not mutually exclusive.

Hell you can even be an agnostic theist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6432 Nov 23, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll back that up! My Face Book page is a veritable philosophical Billboard running the gamut from Christian Fundie to Hard-core Atheist and I value every one of 'em as my friends, else I wouldn't have 'friended' them. Many of the Fundies are my family and yeah ... I'm loath to wave my Atheist Banner in their face. If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it! I'll discuss whatever topic they want to bring up at a family gathering or over a cold beer but in general, I have a 'no ask - no tell' policy regarding politics or religion. It's one of the 'secrets' to 'just getting along' with people. What I post on Facebook is generally interesting scientific, astronomical, artistic facts-or-links and family photos ... people are free to draw whatever conclusions regarding my 'belief system' they can from that! I think everybody over does re-posting their favorite platitudes ... on both sides!
Oh, I agree-- I routinely "share" whatever I see on my FB feed, back to my own timeline, regardless.

I frequently get many "re-share" notices that many of my FB friends have re-sent the little gem on it's way.

I suspect many in my extended family have long since blocked my feed-- as they do not comment. Or else they're too busy to bother.

If I want an especially interesting bit to get the actual attention of one of my family? I send them a private message... I do this from time to time, too.

I see the FB wall as just a kind of world-gossip-bullboard. Much of it is amusing, but not really going to change the world.

:D

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6433 Nov 23, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Bob ... I know you've 'known' Nano longer than I have but she don't seem so bad. At least she's not 'bat-shite-crazy' like some of the other poor, brainwashed females that stumble in here. No one cuts her any slack ... that's for sure!
It's because I *have* known her for so long, that I do not cut her a single iota of slack.

I treat her *exactly* as she seems to want to be treated-- the same way she treats me.

It is the *least* I can do for her.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#6434 Nov 23, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism pertains to belief, agnosticism pertains to knowledge,and both are not mutually exclusive.
Hell you can even be an agnostic theist.
Most of my friends are atheists or agnostics, none are atheist evangelistic trolls.
Those addicted to Evangelistic Atheist Syndrome, which ridicules, mocks, scorns and satirizes the idea of the existence of a deity or deities seem an amusing study in illogic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#6435 Nov 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because I *have* known her for so long, that I do not cut her a single iota of slack.
I treat her *exactly* as she seems to want to be treated-- the same way she treats me.
It is the *least* I can do for her.
--side bar--

Good to see you have returned
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 13 min ChristineM 828
Religiosity 27 min Thinking 3
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min Thinking 16,959
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Thinking 4,907
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thewordofme 235,842
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr thetruth 1,670
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 13 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web