Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments (Page 287)

Showing posts 5,721 - 5,740 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're going to claim that I believe optical illusions are magic? Wow.
A moonbow "feels" magical in the right context, like a couple lying under it at night. I suspect the extra special imagery makes the sex a little extra magical too. Sometimes, you have to just enjoy the beauty and not think it TO DEATH! Much of romance/love is illusion, ya know? Like angel bras and mascara. A new Lexus never hurt either. lol
I'm not claiming anything. You are misnaming everyday phenomenon as "illusion" ... illusion, illusionist, magician ... magic! See ... it follows. All of "romance/love" revolves around hormones and fancy automobiles! Most of the women I know don't want to go outside to see a 'moonbow'... there's bugs and roots to trip over. <sheesh>

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I comment all the time on various atheists FB pages, and I frequently use the words "godbot" and "christhole".
I quit using "christard" because that is insulting to actual retarded people.
As for not caring?
That is just your own feelings here-- you are about as empathetic as a rock.
Again? Classic Genuine Christianity™-- 100% selfish and uncaring.
I'll back that up! My Face Book page is a veritable philosophical Billboard running the gamut from Christian Fundie to Hard-core Atheist and I value every one of 'em as my friends, else I wouldn't have 'friended' them. Many of the Fundies are my family and yeah ... I'm loath to wave my Atheist Banner in their face. If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it! I'll discuss whatever topic they want to bring up at a family gathering or over a cold beer but in general, I have a 'no ask - no tell' policy regarding politics or religion. It's one of the 'secrets' to 'just getting along' with people. What I post on Facebook is generally interesting scientific, astronomical, artistic facts-or-links and family photos ... people are free to draw whatever conclusions regarding my 'belief system' they can from that! I think everybody over does re-posting their favorite platitudes ... on both sides!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot empathize with **anyone**, silly! You've demonstrated this so many times it's something of a joke.
In fact? You **are** something of a joke among us on Topix-- you know that, right?
Perhaps you didn't-- but you are.
Everyone considers you a sociopath, without a single shred of human decency in you.
Just like so many **other** Genuine Christians™
You **are** a credit to your cult-of-hate.
Come on Bob ... I know you've 'known' Nano longer than I have but she don't seem so bad. At least she's not 'bat-shite-crazy' like some of the other poor, brainwashed females that stumble in here. No one cuts her any slack ... that's for sure!
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not claiming anything. You are misnaming everyday phenomenon as "illusion" ... illusion, illusionist, magician ... magic! See ... it follows. All of "romance/love" revolves around hormones and fancy automobiles! Most of the women I know don't want to go outside to see a 'moonbow'... there's bugs and roots to trip over. <sheesh>
"I" am not mislabeling anything as an "illusion". I've been showing links to scientists (who know better than you) who prove what "are", in reality,*optical* illusions. Their work shows that what we see with the naked eye isn't always what is reality. "Knowing" the science of it, "seeing" the *optical* illusion and "feeling" the magical beauty of it, "sensing" the paradox "of" it, are all different aspects of how special it is. A moonbow may spark a new life inside the romantic at heart, whereas mirages have been known to lead people to their death.

And as for romance, there is no such thing, it's all made up crap. Guys just do shyt they think will get them laid...or forgiven. Hormonal fluctuations have nothing to do with love, that's sex.

Though, I have to admit, a nice car doesn't hurt. ;)

Roots and bugs mean nothing to the Echo inside me. xD
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll back that up! My Face Book page is a veritable philosophical Billboard running the gamut from Christian Fundie to Hard-core Atheist and I value every one of 'em as my friends, else I wouldn't have 'friended' them. Many of the Fundies are my family and yeah ... I'm loath to wave my Atheist Banner in their face. If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it! I'll discuss whatever topic they want to bring up at a family gathering or over a cold beer but in general, I have a 'no ask - no tell' policy regarding politics or religion. It's one of the 'secrets' to 'just getting along' with people. What I post on Facebook is generally interesting scientific, astronomical, artistic facts-or-links and family photos ... people are free to draw whatever conclusions regarding my 'belief system' they can from that! I think everybody over does re-posting their favorite platitudes ... on both sides!
There's atheists and then there's ATHEISTS.

One of my dearest and most trusted friends is a self avowed atheist. She and I never discuss belief or none belief between us because it is a waste of time to do so. We respect each other enough not to try and tell the other that our preferred ideology is the better one. There is no point in that. Conversion is not our goal, unlike the people on Topix, we believe in a live and let live policy.

A few years into our friendship she told me that she was an atheist and that she agreed with the, "No fate but what you make.", comment on the Terminator movie we were watching together. I didn't have it in me to argue that many religions preach that exact same sentiment; IOWs, any religion that says there are consequences for your choices, like Buddhism and Christianity. All actions affect the world around us. Religion just adds a reward/punishment aspect to the Butterfly Effect.

The last thing I would want to do is suggest she think any way except exactly how she "does" about her own so-called fate, especially since she didn't seem to understand what the word fate meant. "Fate" is about an irresistible, inimitable force controlling our destiny, not about self guidance, choices, like she meant. I didn't want her to feel stupid by correcting her.

We all have the same fate, death, it's only the path we take on the way there that is different.
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Bob ... I know you've 'known' Nano longer than I have but she don't seem so bad. At least she's not 'bat-shite-crazy' like some of the other poor, brainwashed females that stumble in here. No one cuts her any slack ... that's for sure!
Me and Bob got along well enough....until I called his favorite, juvenile author, Pratchett, a plagiarist. That was the day he started calling me a $5 hoor. Now who's the civil one?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree with atheists being made to eat pig slop,....because to do so would make them cannibals
Seriously dude....??????

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Some are, some aren't. Topix atheists are a different breed than most atheists. They are the acolytes of creeps like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris.
Not true actually.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>There's atheists and then there's ATHEISTS.
One of my dearest and most trusted friends is a self avowed atheist. She and I never discuss belief or none belief between us because it is a waste of time to do so. We respect each other enough not to try and tell the other that our preferred ideology is the better one. There is no point in that. Conversion is not our goal, unlike the people on Topix, we believe in a live and let live policy.
A few years into our friendship she told me that she was an atheist and that she agreed with the, "No fate but what you make.", comment on the Terminator movie we were watching together. I didn't have it in me to argue that many religions preach that exact same sentiment; IOWs, any religion that says there are consequences for your choices, like Buddhism and Christianity. All actions affect the world around us. Religion just adds a reward/punishment aspect to the Butterfly Effect.
The last thing I would want to do is suggest she think any way except exactly how she "does" about her own so-called fate, especially since she didn't seem to understand what the word fate meant. "Fate" is about an irresistible, inimitable force controlling our destiny, not about self guidance, choices, like she meant. I didn't want her to feel stupid by correcting her.
We all have the same fate, death, it's only the path we take on the way there that is different.
"One of my dearest and most trusted friends is a self avowed atheist."

"I didn't want her to feel stupid by correcting her."

And do you realize what you have truly said with just those two sentences disguised in a lot of words?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>"I" am not mislabeling anything as an "illusion". I've been showing links to scientists (who know better than you) who prove what "are", in reality,*optical* illusions. Their work shows that what we see with the naked eye isn't always what is reality. "Knowing" the science of it, "seeing" the *optical* illusion and "feeling" the magical beauty of it, "sensing" the paradox "of" it, are all different aspects of how special it is. A moonbow may spark a new life inside the romantic at heart, whereas mirages have been known to lead people to their death.
And as for romance, there is no such thing, it's all made up crap. Guys just do shyt they think will get them laid...or forgiven. Hormonal fluctuations have nothing to do with love, that's sex.
Ah ... yes you were.

A woman's heart is a stony place, where the seeds of forgiveness can find no purchase.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>"I" am not mislabeling anything as an "illusion". I've been showing links to scientists (who know better than you) who prove what "are", in reality,*optical* illusions. Their work shows that what we see with the naked eye isn't always what is reality. "Knowing" the science of it, "seeing" the *optical* illusion and "feeling" the magical beauty of it, "sensing" the paradox "of" it, are all different aspects of how special it is. A moonbow may spark a new life inside the romantic at heart, whereas mirages have been known to lead people to their death.
Oops. I meant to ask what you mean by "the Echo inside me"? Feeling hollow? Empty? Used up?

I've never been 'wooed' with expensive gifts. I can count the number of automobiles I have been offered in exchange for sexual favors on one hand! Okay ... actually I don't even need any hands to count that. Which is a good thing 'cause I would imagine I'd feel dirty and used after such a bargain. Until, I like ... drove away and then it might be okay ... I guess. If you're thinking of making me an offer ... I could use a new pickup truck.

Someone asked me what I did for a living yesterday, just idle conversation in a waiting room. I told 'em I was a Radio Technician ... a sort of Electronic Prostitute. They looked at me rather odd.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

Why Do Atheists find S^eptic repetitive?
Siro

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
As you've realised, you can upvote your own posts, but you still lose the argument - because you have no proof of god..
I'm repetitive, because you liars haven't proven the god you repetitively lied about for centuries.
Youre repetitive because you are a brain dead troll
Siro

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
For every 800 word essay you creationists write, I simply type "where is your proof of god?"
And instantly - you look stupid.
So try and try liars - try to misdirect Atheist posters away from asking you "where is your proof of god?"
Try your best - I'll keep reminding you liars over and over again..
No you wont...
Youll hope to bore us to death with repeating your brain dead dribble
Siro

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
When you can prove your god, you won't need to troll the atheism forum, looking for atheists to lose arguments against,
How could I lose an argument with you?
You dont argue
You just repeatedly copy n paste your comatose one liners
over and
over and
over and
over and
over and
over and
over and
over and
over..........
Siro

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly how we feel about being quoted bible verses. You are learning troll, well done. Isn't is frustrating?
Siro proof of god.
I dont quote the Bible

btw....youre still a tard

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of my dearest and most trusted friends is a self avowed atheist."
"I didn't want her to feel stupid by correcting her."
And do you realize what you have truly said with just those two sentences disguised in a lot of words?
Keep trying to quote me out of context, dimwad. It's not like anyone can't go back and read my original post and see what you're doing.

Only an idiot would not have understood that to mean that I didn't feel it was my place to correct her about what "fate" meant. I didn't want her to feel like I was "educating" her. I left it alone out of respect.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah ... yes you were.
A woman's heart is a stony place, where the seeds of forgiveness can find no purchase.
Bullshyt.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. I meant to ask what you mean by "the Echo inside me"? Feeling hollow? Empty? Used up?
I've never been 'wooed' with expensive gifts. I can count the number of automobiles I have been offered in exchange for sexual favors on one hand! Okay ... actually I don't even need any hands to count that. Which is a good thing 'cause I would imagine I'd feel dirty and used after such a bargain. Until, I like ... drove away and then it might be okay ... I guess. If you're thinking of making me an offer ... I could use a new pickup truck.
Someone asked me what I did for a living yesterday, just idle conversation in a waiting room. I told 'em I was a Radio Technician ... a sort of Electronic Prostitute. They looked at me rather odd.
I see you find it impossible to stray from the script of mockery and abuse of any and all Topix visitors who aren't your ideology clone.:P
Pig.

Much like the mountain nymph Echo, I love the wild and many of my nocturnal dreams involve me...running, from one scary dude or another.

I'm sure you probably haven't been "wooed" by anybody, jerk. I was simply pointing out the diversions that both sexes use while involved in the game seduction. Women do the clothes and makeup thing and guys do the nice car ploy, since makeup and lace doesn't usually attract females to them.

Where do you get the idea that any woman would try to buy your affection with the offer of a car? That's what guys do.
Like any self respecting female would offer a man a car in return for affection/time.

I'm sure you get "odd" looks all the time, whether you say stupid crap or not.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious liars with no proof of god are forced to write bad essays to defend their faith based mental illness against simple disbelief from atheists.
PLEASE go take some mood altering drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,721 - 5,740 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Richardfs 223,966
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 6 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 8 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••