Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 11386 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6346 Nov 17, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
There's lots of ways to keep life interesting. One of my favorites is to understand the tricks behind the "magic" or in the case of natural phenomenon ... the reasons behind it. Clearly our paths have led to different interpretations of what constitutes "illusions". None the less, I can see where you're coming from. The sky and pack ice isn't really colored blue. It appears blue as a consequence of how different wavelengths of light propagate through different media. That's okay ... it's still "magic" if it captures your interest or makes you think. The evolution of that trait is what 'makes us all so special'.
So now you're going to claim that I believe optical illusions are magic? Wow.

A moonbow "feels" magical in the right context, like a couple lying under it at night. I suspect the extra special imagery makes the sex a little extra magical too. Sometimes, you have to just enjoy the beauty and not think it TO DEATH! Much of romance/love is illusion, ya know? Like angel bras and mascara. A new Lexus never hurt either. lol
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6347 Nov 17, 2013
Atheists are horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Sunday. I bet you are being the typical hypocritical and lying atheist and not at work today. I was shown your hate cult in a church service where many of us looked onto our laptops and iPads to witness firsthand how ugly your cult is as we were stunned as to how full of hatred you atheists are, and how full of hatred a person gets when they rebel against God.
One hand was raised in the back of the room whereby the person said " I now firmly see why Hell exists. These people certainly deserve it".
Many people have been saved and became Christians as a result of witnessing your filthy agenda.
I don't think Jesus would approve of someone being glad that there is a hell or hoping that there is one. I seem to remember there being a verse where it discouraged a person from gloating over another person "falling down".

Remember that old Douglas movie, Falling Down? A broken person is a tragedy, not something to be smug about.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6348 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Says the worm who is too cowardly to come out to his church about his true ideology.
Lie. All of those in my former church, who I care about? Are on Facebook.

On Facebook? I routinely post atheistic messages and memes.

My atheism is no secret to those I give a crap about.

So you are full of your usual bullsh7t and vitrol--for no reason at all.

But I suppose that's just your way-- you seem to be quite the horrid little depressed individual.

I pity you, Credit.

I really...

.... really...

... pity you in your miserable existence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6349 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>You can photograph your image in a mirror too, that doesn't prove anything but that you recorded a reflection/illusion of yourself.
An ordinary camera is "constructed" to record what the *human* eye sees, so it records the same optical illusions that humans see.
There are other animals who can't see the "arc" of a rainbow, so does NOT seeing it become an optical illusion too? xD
You still demonstrate a near-total lack of ordinary intelligence.

How sad, Ms Depressed-forever.

But you **are** a credit to your cult of hate: Genuine Christholery™

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6350 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Some are, some aren't. Topix atheists are a different breed than most atheists. They are the acolytes of creeps like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris.
Talking to yourself, Credit?

If not-- it's impossible to distinguish **your** hate from the hate of other, similar Genuine Christians™.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6351 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think Jesus would approve of someone being glad that there is a hell or hoping that there is one. I seem to remember there being a verse where it discouraged a person from gloating over another person "falling down".
Remember that old Douglas movie, Falling Down? A broken person is a tragedy, not something to be smug about.
So.

Are you smug about me? You certainly **act** as if you are.

And you have made it quite plain, you think I'm "broken".

What a little hypocrite you are, Credit.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6352 Nov 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Wasn't talking to you or about you, Bogglehead.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#6353 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Your sincere ATHEIST HATRED™ is noted and filed. I'll be sure to print your post and use it for my dog's next poop pad.
The trademark symbol is a sweet touch.

But alas, I don't think that trademark can be defended in court.

The major Abrahamic religions will certainly counter that ATHEIST HATRED against atheists is a unifying idea they all agree on and predates any trademark laws..

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6357 Nov 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
The trademark symbol is a sweet touch.
But alas, I don't think that trademark can be defended in court.
The major Abrahamic religions will certainly counter that ATHEIST HATRED against atheists is a unifying idea they all agree on and predates any trademark laws..
Indeed.

The past record of Genuine Christianity™ murdering any and all who dare to criticize them, is on record.

It's really too long to list here...

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#6358 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Bob is known for not changing his sock puppets fast enough. It really makes me laugh.
Oh, now that is really a funny accusation!

But even funnier when I consider the source of such.

Kudos, my friend.

If you can raise enough money, perhaps we could get City Hall or Congress to name a bridge for you to finally call home! Instead of just squatting...
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6359 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie. All of those in my former church, who I care about? Are on Facebook.
On Facebook? I routinely post atheistic messages and memes.
My atheism is no secret to those I give a crap about.
So you are full of your usual bullsh7t and vitrol--for no reason at all.
But I suppose that's just your way-- you seem to be quite the horrid little depressed individual.
I pity you, Credit.
I really...
.... really...
... pity you in your miserable existence.
Like you have ever let them see your nasty comments on Topix? We both know if you're out on FB it's only with goofy benign comments and nothing like the thousands of "christard", "godbot" comments and other juvenile Topix sniping that would definitely dismay those you say you "give a shit about". I'm sure they would UN friend you so fast your head would spin if they saw that you consider them Christards.

You don't really give a shit about them.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6360 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
So.
Actually, you likely ARE a bit broken. How would you like it if your parents saw your christard/godbot posts? The image of that *should* make you squirm.

You are so deep into your demented hypocrisy you'll never manage to crawl out. You are SO pathetic, Bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6362 Nov 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now that is really a funny accusation!
But even funnier when I consider the source of such.
Kudos, my friend.
If you can raise enough money, perhaps we could get City Hall or Congress to name a bridge for you to finally call home! Instead of just squatting...
Yes, it is funny. Topix needs an "irony" icon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6363 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Like you have ever let them see your nasty comments on Topix? We both know if you're out on FB it's only with goofy benign comments and nothing like the thousands of "christard", "godbot" comments and other juvenile Topix sniping that would definitely dismay those you say you "give a shit about". I'm sure they would UN friend you so fast your head would spin if they saw that you consider them Christards.
You don't really give a shit about them.
Nope. I comment all the time on various atheists FB pages, and I frequently use the words "godbot" and "christhole".

I quit using "christard" because that is insulting to actual retarded people.

As for not caring?

That is just your own feelings here-- you are about as empathetic as a rock.

Again? Classic Genuine Christianity™-- 100% selfish and uncaring.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6364 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you likely ARE a bit broken. How would you like it if your parents saw your christard/godbot posts? The image of that *should* make you squirm.
You are so deep into your demented hypocrisy you'll never manage to crawl out. You are SO pathetic, Bob.
See?

I was correct-- you have less empathy than a squashed bug.

You are simply full of hate.

It's sad, really.

I pity you, Credit.

I really do.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6365 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
See?
I was correct-- you have less empathy than a squashed bug.
You are simply full of hate.
It's sad, really.
I pity you, Credit.
I really do.
Why should I empathize with a man who purposely broke *himself*? That's like commiserating with a suicide; self destructive and pointless.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6366 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I empathize with a man who purposely broke *himself*? That's like commiserating with a suicide; self destructive and pointless.
You cannot empathize with **anyone**, silly! You've demonstrated this so many times it's something of a joke.

In fact? You **are** something of a joke among us on Topix-- you know that, right?

Perhaps you didn't-- but you are.

Everyone considers you a sociopath, without a single shred of human decency in you.

Just like so many **other** Genuine Christians™

You **are** a credit to your cult-of-hate.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6367 Nov 18, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I empathize with a man who purposely broke *himself*? That's like commiserating with a suicide; self destructive and pointless.
Poor creationist weasel, trying to attack Bob's character because he cannot attack Atheism itself.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6373 Nov 19, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're going to claim that I believe optical illusions are magic? Wow.
A moonbow "feels" magical in the right context, like a couple lying under it at night. I suspect the extra special imagery makes the sex a little extra magical too. Sometimes, you have to just enjoy the beauty and not think it TO DEATH! Much of romance/love is illusion, ya know? Like angel bras and mascara. A new Lexus never hurt either. lol
I'm not claiming anything. You are misnaming everyday phenomenon as "illusion" ... illusion, illusionist, magician ... magic! See ... it follows. All of "romance/love" revolves around hormones and fancy automobiles! Most of the women I know don't want to go outside to see a 'moonbow'... there's bugs and roots to trip over. <sheesh>

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6374 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. I comment all the time on various atheists FB pages, and I frequently use the words "godbot" and "christhole".
I quit using "christard" because that is insulting to actual retarded people.
As for not caring?
That is just your own feelings here-- you are about as empathetic as a rock.
Again? Classic Genuine Christianity™-- 100% selfish and uncaring.
I'll back that up! My Face Book page is a veritable philosophical Billboard running the gamut from Christian Fundie to Hard-core Atheist and I value every one of 'em as my friends, else I wouldn't have 'friended' them. Many of the Fundies are my family and yeah ... I'm loath to wave my Atheist Banner in their face. If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it! I'll discuss whatever topic they want to bring up at a family gathering or over a cold beer but in general, I have a 'no ask - no tell' policy regarding politics or religion. It's one of the 'secrets' to 'just getting along' with people. What I post on Facebook is generally interesting scientific, astronomical, artistic facts-or-links and family photos ... people are free to draw whatever conclusions regarding my 'belief system' they can from that! I think everybody over does re-posting their favorite platitudes ... on both sides!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min scientia potentia... 51,212
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 55 min scientia potentia... 457
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 1 hr Eagle 13 183
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Eagle 12 22,076
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 17 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,631
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 hr nanoanomaly 24,624
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 19 hr hpcaban 148
More from around the web