Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 10049 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#6319 Nov 17, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie, crime rates are going DOWN.

LOL.
And so is religion.
Coincidence perhaps?
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6320 Nov 17, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god? Horus, Zeus, Jupiter, Thor?
Your god..........fard muhammad.....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6321 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god - that's why you're angry.

Instead of getting angry at atheists, ask your cult leaders why they lied to you.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#6322 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no god.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6323 Nov 17, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just like the sky isn't really blue, that is just an illusion, an optical illusion. Why do you think you don't see blue "sky" between you eyes and your hand raised up in front of them?
Just as there are things that aren't real that can be "seen" there are real things that can't be seen with the naked eye.
http://www.wisegeek.com/why-do-spinning-rims-...
It keeps life interesting. My favorite optical illusion is the rainbow that shows at night. It is Nature's own magic show. I can't imagine a night much more special than standing at the foot of a waterfall with a moonbow to the left and a brilliant moon to the right. Absolutely primal.
There's lots of ways to keep life interesting. One of my favorites is to understand the tricks behind the "magic" or in the case of natural phenomenon ... the reasons behind it. Clearly our paths have led to different interpretations of what constitutes "illusions". None the less, I can see where you're coming from. The sky and pack ice isn't really colored blue. It appears blue as a consequence of how different wavelengths of light propagate through different media. That's okay ... it's still "magic" if it captures your interest or makes you think. The evolution of that trait is what 'makes us all so special'.

Texas, USA

#6324 Nov 17, 2013
Atheists are horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been using your computer all these years to transmit the disease of atheism. Please refrain from your continual day to day lying. It's not healthy for you nor to others.
You know that God is real.....it's why you have to brainwash yourself to believe otherwise by constantly lying to yourself.
BTW, I corrected your post. Due to your gripping fear, you made a huge mistake.
I like you chose a medical analogy. In mine, Atheism is like an antibiotic and Religion is like a Yeast Infection.

Texas, USA

#6325 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree. Militant bigoted atheist trash like Skeptic are mentally sick jobless liberals wasting tax dollars in every way they can, while lying to people.
Atheists are verifiably the most hateful people that crawl along the earth's terrain.
Actually, Grasshopper, we have very little to get militant about. Nothing 'brings out the hateful' in people quicker than telling them their cherished beliefs are in error. You 'bots labor under a huge burden of erroneous cherished beliefs. We are here to lighten that burden. You should be grateful. Of course, you are not only ungrateful, you are actively hostile! Humans seem to possess a limitless capacity for hostility, especially against those who are 'different'. It's interesting that in 'your world' the Creator-being made us all free-willed individuals then invested us with a hostility towards other members of our species who dare to exercise their free-willed individuality. Indeed, that is one of the little 'paradoxes' that should give you pause, make you think, plant the seed of doubt. But it doesn't. A Miracle of sorts, I suppose.

Texas, USA

#6326 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
The increase in crimes and the misery index can be solely blamed on your atheistic agenda.
People were much happier worldwide when Christianity was the main influence in our schools and workplace.
While you're laughing at Christians, people you've harmed are crying.
You should be locked up behind bars and left to only eat pig slop.
The "misery index"?!? Is that like a Credit Score or something like the Dow-Jones Industrial Average? Is 'happiness' some commodity that can be bought, sold, stored, indexed and cataloged? I personally use a 'happiness/laughter' coefficient factor that indicates the happier a person is, the more they laugh. It works out pretty well. I've seen dirt-poor African children laughing as they play in rutted dirt roads with a stick and an empty tin-can and I've seen American kids mewling, crying and complaining surrounded by their thousands of entertainments. We didn't do that godbot ... you did. Does anybody remember laughter?

Texas, USA

#6327 Nov 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
Topix atheists like skeptic have to continually self indoctrinate themselves and then come here to find others like them to somehow convince themselves that the 'new improved politically correct logic' they have in affliction with each other is 'normal'
Its like junkies in a crash pad telling each other and themselves that smack is good and improves your life.
Who, better than a godbot, knows about 'self indoctrination' and gathering 'to find others like them'? Y'all wrote the book on perpetuating mythologies. If you want to know how to turn total hogwash into a profitable enterprise, study religion.

Texas, USA

#6331 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong. Why are atheists wrong about EVERYTHING????
Wrong about EVERYTHING?!? You're funny! That would be like having a super-power. Ultimately, we are slaves to probability and statistics ... just like you.

Texas, USA

#6332 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Medical term for your condition: Mental constipation.
Wow. You are trying to be nice! It must be Sunday and you're feeling generous. I would have thought you would have said 'projectile vomiting' or 'diarrhea of the mouth' or 'hemorrhagic fever of the soul' or something to that effect. True though ... constipation is no picnic.

Tell me ... are you getting ready to gather with your fellow godbots for some 'mutual aid'? Some self-congratulatory re-enforcement of your primitive belief system? Did your Creator-being whisper in your ear to visit the Atheist Forum before going to His House to worship him? Perhaps it was His alter ego ... your old buddy SATAN! Listening to Voices-in-the-Head can get mighty confusing! Hang in there pal ...

Texas, USA

#6333 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Your sincere ATHEIST HATRED™ is noted and filed. I'll be sure to print your post and use it for my dog's next poop pad.
Okay. I find it interesting that only you and your arch foe Quantum-Bob know how to do the little 'tm' trick thing. Maybe you are the other side of his coin, the ying to his yang ... or maybe y'all should just leave your dang ying yangs alone.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#6334 Nov 17, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
And so is religion.
Coincidence perhaps?
Hmmm...interesting point!
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6339 Nov 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not know-- I do not lie.
But you do-- constantly -- so you tell US if it makes you warm?
<quoted text>
Yew dunt reed vurry weell, dew yew?
LMAO!
You strongly hinted at it-- on multiple occasions. You might--maybe-- have been joking.
But-- based on your subsequent *w*h*ring comments? It's doubtful you were-- at the heart of many a joke, is the truth.
But you **are** a credit to your cult of hate.
Kudos, Credit!
Kudos to you, for spreading your hate
Says the worm who is too cowardly to come out to his church about his true ideology. That type of deception is no less of a lie than the buttpirate who pretends to be straight.

Your whole life is a lie.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6340 Nov 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? In the **photograph** they are-- the physics of what is taking place? In the resultant moving images, they are going backwards.
Even though the original wheels are not.
As for photographing of a rainbow? That proves it is **not** an illusion-- for an illusion, by definition, only exists within the mind/eye of the one being fooled.
Once you see through the illusion? It is no longer an illusion.
But this is too subtle for the like of you.
You just do not have sufficient brains.
You are a CREDIT to your hate-cult.
You can photograph your image in a mirror too, that doesn't prove anything but that you recorded a reflection/illusion of yourself.
An ordinary camera is "constructed" to record what the *human* eye sees, so it records the same optical illusions that humans see.
There are other animals who can't see the "arc" of a rainbow, so does NOT seeing it become an optical illusion too? xD
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6341 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Bob is hate.
I'm gonna start calling him lil' teddy, after Ted Haggard, who is also famous for having lived a lie for many years. ;)
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6342 Nov 17, 2013
AHHAAHAHAHA...

lil' teddy bobblehead
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6343 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree. Militant bigoted atheist trash like Skeptic are mentally sick jobless liberals wasting tax dollars in every way they can, while lying to people.
Atheists are verifiably the most hateful people that crawl along the earth's terrain.
Some are, some aren't. Topix atheists are a different breed than most atheists. They are the acolytes of creeps like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6344 Nov 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
just a reminder that your cult invented evil.
Nuh uh, Evil was around long before Christianity was born.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6345 Nov 17, 2013
California Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
They do that because it makes them uncomfortable, as it exposes how evil they are.
Evil is...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/16/ch...

...as Evil does. I say we should boycott Chinese products until they quit offering this kind of toy to pedophiles.

The bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Universe from Nothing? 4 min Into The Night 497
Good arguments against Christianity 7 min Reason Personified 189
Atheism is a mental illness 7 min Eagle 12 5
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Into The Night 43,186
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aerobatty 256,550
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Eagle 12 21,122
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 3,843
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Patrick 18,501
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web