Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 10043 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6289 Nov 15, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Photographic proof is all we need, here.
Moron, I can photograph car rims that appear to be spinning backwards too, but they aren't.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#6290 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just like the sky isn't really blue, that is just an illusion, an optical illusion. Why do you think you don't see blue "sky" between you eyes and your hand raised up in front of them?
Just as there are things that aren't real that can be "seen" there are real things that can't be seen with the naked eye.
http://www.wisegeek.com/why-do-spinning-rims-...
It keeps life interesting. My favorite optical illusion is the rainbow that shows at night. It is Nature's own magic show. I can't imagine a night much more special than standing at the foot of a waterfall with a moonbow to the left and a brilliant moon to the right. Absolutely primal.
If you ever come up with an actual fact or point, let us know. OK?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#6294 Nov 15, 2013
We need to call in an expert here. Someone who definitely knows what an illusion is...

http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/G.O... .

or perhaps

http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/Ton...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6295 Nov 15, 2013
California Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
You've now made over 13,400 posts which have shown how weak your faith in atheism is, not to mention how agitated it has made you become.
You really look like a fool, you moronic idiot.
When you can prove your god, you won't need to troll this forum or be scared about what you already know - that god isn't real.

Reality check - you're a creationist in the atheism forum who doubts his own cult.

Location hidden

#6296 Nov 15, 2013
California Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
They do that because it makes them uncomfortable, as it exposes how evil they are.
just a reminder that your cult invented evil.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6297 Nov 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove your god, you won't need to troll this forum or be scared about what you already know - that god isn't real.
Reality check - you're a creationist in the atheism forum who doubts his own cult.
There is no point in demonstrating to you the reality of God, there is no point because noone will win an argument with someone as chronically stupid as you.
You know we only come here to laugh at you, but still you perform for us...

Location hidden

#6298 Nov 16, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point in demonstrating to you the reality of God,
You can't because god isn't real - its part of the mental illness you and your cult's followers promote.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no point because noone will win an argument with someone as chronically stupid as you.
When you can prove your god, you won't have to make open attacks on atheists based on bullsh*t.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You know we only come here to laugh at you, but still you perform for us...
This is the the atheism forum and creationist trolls like your just prove what a lying bunch of cowards you are your cult have become since 2005, when you got defeated in courts for trying to get your bullsh*t taught alongside science.

People laugh at you for denying evolution. You are a joke.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6300 Nov 16, 2013
Topix atheists like skeptic have to continually self indoctrinate themselves and then come here to find others like them to somehow convince themselves that the 'new improved politically correct logic' they have in affliction with each other is 'normal'
Its like junkies in a crash pad telling each other and themselves that smack is good and improves your life.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6305 Nov 16, 2013
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
LCNLin

United States

#6306 Nov 16, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
atheists= comedy

Panorama City, CA

#6307 Nov 16, 2013
California Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
They do that because it makes them uncomfortable, as it exposes how evil they are.
Who are you talking about? Those who work on Friday evenings? The buy bull says they should be tortured to death. Think all of those people feel evil?

Panorama City, CA

#6308 Nov 16, 2013
Atheists are horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Militant bigoted atheist trash like Skeptic are mentally sick jobless liberals wasting tax dollars in every way they can, while lying to people.
Atheists are verifiably the most hateful people that crawl along the earth's terrain.
You have earned the hate.
Keep your Bronze Age superstitions to yourselves, and see how quickly the hate goes away.

Panorama City, CA

#6309 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
The increase in crimes and the misery index can be solely blamed on your atheistic agenda.
Fundie, crime rates are going DOWN.
People were much happier worldwide when Christianity was the main influence in our schools and workplace.
Ignorance is bliss.
While you're laughing at Christians, people you've harmed are crying.
You should be locked up behind bars and left to only eat pig slop.
LOL.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#6312 Nov 16, 2013
"Atheists are horrible"

awwww feel that xtain love....delusional control freaks...ignorant fundies love their invisible friends
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#6313 Nov 16, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"Atheists are horrible"
awwww feel that xtain love....delusional control freaks...ignorant fundies love their invisible friends
I disagree with atheists being made to eat pig slop,....because to do so would make them cannibals

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6314 Nov 16, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Lying makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?
I would not know-- I do not lie.

But you do-- constantly -- so you tell US if it makes you warm?
virtuanna wrote:
Let's see the post where I said anything remotely resembling me "confessing" to be some kind of prostitute, psycho.
Yew dunt reed vurry weell, dew yew?

LMAO!

You strongly hinted at it-- on multiple occasions. You might--maybe-- have been joking.

But-- based on your subsequent *w*h*ring comments? It's doubtful you were-- at the heart of many a joke, is the truth.

But you **are** a credit to your cult of hate.

Kudos, Credit!

Kudos to you, for spreading your hate

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6315 Nov 16, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Moron, I can photograph car rims that appear to be spinning backwards too, but they aren't.
Actually? In the **photograph** they are-- the physics of what is taking place? In the resultant moving images, they are going backwards.

Even though the original wheels are not.

As for photographing of a rainbow? That proves it is **not** an illusion-- for an illusion, by definition, only exists within the mind/eye of the one being fooled.

Once you see through the illusion? It is no longer an illusion.

But this is too subtle for the like of you.

You just do not have sufficient brains.

You are a CREDIT to your hate-cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6316 Nov 16, 2013
California Sux wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
I'm laughing as I write this, Credit.

You **are** projecting your own seething hate (and anger) here.
LCNLin

United States

#6317 Nov 16, 2013
You seem projecting your own seething comedy 80,906 times but the audience has left except for those still laughing at you

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#6318 Nov 17, 2013
<quoted text>

You know that God is real.....it's why you have to brainwash yourself to believe otherwise by constantly lying to yourself.
Which god? Horus, Zeus, Jupiter, Thor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 48 min thetruth 3,821
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 52 min thetruth 18,451
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 1 hr thetruth 55
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 793
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,358
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr thetruth 81
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr thetruth 160
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr thetruth 419
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr Thinking 679
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 43,083
More from around the web