Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 11901 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6269 Nov 14, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes take the road high.:)
http://education.nationalgeographic.com/educa...
You wouldn't recognize that road if it jumped up and slapped you in the face.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6270 Nov 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.... I still have a membership (or so I presume) they do send me the annual membership stuff.
I just never bothered to tell them to remove me from the rolls-- it would insult my parents, who are still members.
Doesn't bother me either way, really.
But no-- unlike you? I never got kicked out.
But I bet **you** did-- you really should quit trying to go after those pre-teen boys.
Even though they are the **only** males who will give you the time of day...
Neglecting to cancel your membership just to save your parents the embarrassment....? Really? xD

I'm guessing they would have mutually sympathetic aneurysms if they saw what you've been posting on here. >:}
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6271 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
There is not enough money in the entire ReThuglican Party, to pay me to give you any.
You are **that** disgusting.
So give it up, already-- nobody wants what you are selling.
... not at **any** price.
>:}

We both know nobody wants a piece of the Bobbledood.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6272 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Neglecting to cancel your membership just to save your parents the embarrassment....? Really? xD
I'm guessing they would have mutually sympathetic aneurysms if they saw what you've been posting on here. >:}
Instead of being a repetitive creationist coward, why not try to prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about?
LCNLin

United States

#6273 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of being a repetitive ..........
LOL

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#6274 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>>:}
Nobody here wants to hear your bible babble guano! Oh, since you think the bible babble is the word of god, then you believe in a talking donkey. Go try talking to the farm assess and maybe you'll get an answer to your delusions........LOL OH, why didn't your god destroy all the buildings of today, that are taller than the Babel structure in the bible? Because it's all BS stories written by delusional freaks, like you.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#6275 Nov 15, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody here wants to hear your bible babble guano! Oh, since you think the bible babble is the word of god, then you believe in a talking donkey. Go try talking to the farm assess and maybe you'll get an answer to your delusions........LOL OH, why didn't your god destroy all the buildings of today, that are taller than the Babel structure in the bible? Because it's all BS stories written by delusional freaks, like you.
Ooops! It's asses.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6276 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...read the captioning just under the photo. Are you dyslexic or something?
I suspect you guys are having trouble with the definition of "illusion", whether optical, or not.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illusi...
Rainbows are 'really there', there's nothing illusory about them.

Texas, USA

#6277 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>A mirage is a reflection of something that exists but it isn't really "there" where you "think" you see it. Similarly, but not quite the same, your image in a mirror is an illusion, "you" are not THERE, in or ON the mirror...AND you are seeing is not a perfect *mirror image* either, in that you are reflected opposite of yourself, left to right, but not *up and down* or, rather, upside-down. And ferget about the "front to back" aspect of your mirror illusion. Illusion, optical illusion, it's all the same. Read the definition. Now try and determine how much of reality is really real.
Reflection, refraction or phase conjugation ... no matter ... all quite real, measurable phenomenon that exist outside and independent of our easily misinterpreted perceptions.

Texas, USA

#6278 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I don't actively "keep track" of the numbers, they simply show at the top of the page every time I hit a new page. They're hard to miss.
Keep trying to insult me, I know you think it somehow validates your presence here.
Silly rabbit ... I'm "validated" by virtue of my membership in the group 'Public'... that being the nature of Topix and our various forums.

In truth, I rather like you. You have a brain and that makes you 'hot' in my book.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6279 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>A mirage is a reflection of something that exists but it isn't really "there" where you "think" you see it. Similarly, but not quite the same, your image in a mirror is an illusion, "you" are not THERE, in or ON the mirror...AND you are seeing is not a perfect *mirror image* either, in that you are reflected opposite of yourself, left to right, but not *up and down* or, rather, upside-down. And ferget about the "front to back" aspect of your mirror illusion. Illusion, optical illusion, it's all the same. Read the definition. Now try and determine how much of reality is really real.
The incomprehensible mewlings of a blithering idiot again.

Nothing original in the above.

And nothing remotely intelligent, either.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6280 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>You've been hanging out down on 11th street too long, ya perv.
I have never been interested in sex for money.

But I have it on excellent authority, that you are-- your very own confessional words to that effect.

Alas, there is insufficient money in the entire filthy-rich ReThuglican Party's war chest, to pay me to give you even a first look-over.

You are kind of like a severe traffic accident, actually.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6281 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>lol
That's hilarious coming from a limp wick like you.
Again?

You do not have enough money to buy my interest in your vermin-ridden person.

For one thing? I do not wish to get any of the STDs and body lice that it's certain you harbor.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6282 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I don't actively "keep track" of the numbers, they simply show at the top of the page every time I hit a new page. They're hard to miss.
Keep trying to insult me, I know you think it somehow validates your presence here.
Only an egotist would presume they are interested in **them**.

Your massively-bloated ego is showing.

It goes will all your chins, I suppose.

A grossly obese body does seem to go hand-in-glove with that grossly over-inflated ego of yours.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6283 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Neglecting to cancel your membership just to save your parents the embarrassment....? Really? xD
Really. That, and I really don't give a crap either way-- it's just not that important.

Since it's all baloney, there are no consequences to allowing my parents a small bit of satisfaction.

But I do understand you lack any semblance of empathy.

I get that-- you are so devoid of human compassion, that everything in the world is all about **YOU**.

Your ludicrous comments about the posters viewing Topix-- JUST TO READ YOUR FILTH, is revealing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6284 Nov 15, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>>:}
See?

You have zero empathy for ANYONE apart from your own bloated near-corpse.

You are one sick-sad-sociopath.

Seriously-- get help. You need serious counseling.

Before you descend into yet **another** fit of depression.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6285 Nov 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

Photographic proof is all we need, here.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6286 Nov 15, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just like the sky isn't really blue, that is just an illusion, an optical illusion. Why do you think you don't see blue "sky" between you eyes and your hand raised up in front of them?

Just as there are things that aren't real that can be "seen" there are real things that can't be seen with the naked eye.

http://www.wisegeek.com/why-do-spinning-rims-...

It keeps life interesting. My favorite optical illusion is the rainbow that shows at night. It is Nature's own magic show. I can't imagine a night much more special than standing at the foot of a waterfall with a moonbow to the left and a brilliant moon to the right. Absolutely primal.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6287 Nov 15, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody here wants to hear your bible babble guano! Oh, since you think the bible babble is the word of god, then you believe in a talking donkey. Go try talking to the farm assess and maybe you'll get an answer to your delusions........LOL OH, why didn't your god destroy all the buildings of today, that are taller than the Babel structure in the bible? Because it's all BS stories written by delusional freaks, like you.
You're the idiots who constantly yak about the bible.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6288 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I have never been interested in sex for money.
But I have it on excellent authority, that you are-- your very own confessional words to that effect.
Alas, there is insufficient money in the entire filthy-rich ReThuglican Party's war chest, to pay me to give you even a first look-over.
You are kind of like a severe traffic accident, actually.
Lying makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

Let's see the post where I said anything remotely resembling me "confessing" to be some kind of prostitute, psycho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 40 min 15th Dalai Lama 4,927
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 49 min 15th Dalai Lama 85,588
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web