Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 11901 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6249 Nov 13, 2013
quickwiz wrote:
Satan is behind all christian criticism, he has all atheist brainwashed, how sad,with out Jesus Christ thier is no hope....
You live in a rather frightening, make-believe world. Try to snap out of it! Throw some cold water in your face!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6250 Nov 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a myth. Prove me wrong, provide evidence he exists.
Oh Rose ... they think that since there is 'criticism of christians' there must be a Satan. That is what constitutes 'evidence' for them. All the beauty and wonder and magnificent ... blah, blah, blah ... proof extraordinaire of wonderful Creator Beings! Oops, I mean 'being'(singular)... this individual is too far gone.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6251 Nov 13, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why do worshipers of the state devolve everything down to war and violence? Can't there be alternative solutions? We do not need gov't police to protect individuals and communities when there are other solutions such as...
http://www.threatmanagementcenter.com/
Skip to the 3:40 mark to get past the problem and get to the solution part of the discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_cIc5844QvAXX
The fake-agnostic creationist liar has already been judged. Nothing to see here.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6252 Nov 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a world-reknowned liar.
Without a screen capture?(and even with one-- they can be faked)
You are simply lying.
But your narcissism is also legendary-- nearly as large as your willingness to sleep with anyone--anyone at all.
So it's hardly surprising, given your massively bloated ego (the **only** thing bigger than your azz) that you'd assume they were all here to read ...
... your crap.
As if.
I see you are still making excuses for not Googling that article yourself. What a flaming loser you are, Bob.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6253 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree-- a sociopath for sure.
lol

That's funny, Lil Wiggsy said the same thing about you.

Location hidden

#6254 Nov 14, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are still making excuses for not Googling that article yourself. What a flaming loser you are, Bob.
Classic creationist - avoid addressing the point and insult instead.]

Location hidden

#6255 Nov 14, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>lol
offbeat creationist comments not working anymore?

LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6256 Nov 14, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>lol
But he's a proven liar, so ...

... as are you, by the way.

But you knew that, didn't you?

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6257 Nov 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Rose ... they think that since there is 'criticism of christians' there must be a Satan. That is what constitutes 'evidence' for them. All the beauty and wonder and magnificent ... blah, blah, blah ... proof extraordinaire of wonderful Creator Beings! Oops, I mean 'being'(singular)... this individual is too far gone.
:)
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6258 Nov 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd they didn't define 'rainbow' as an optical illusion ... just a few lines down from your stunning 'illusion' definition in that bizarre link. Sunlight, striking water droplets is going to produce a 'rainbow'(split the light into it's component colors) whether there is anybody there to observe it or not. Rainbows are an Optical Atmospheric Phenomenon ... quite real, frequently observed and easily reproducible. The only illusion involved is trying to say that they are a promise from our Creator Being not to drown us all again.
Ahem...read the captioning just under the photo. Are you dyslexic or something?

I suspect you guys are having trouble with the definition of "illusion", whether optical, or not.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illusi...
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6259 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
That would depend on how much you paid, first.
;)
Which is the only way you would ever get it from anybody.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6260 Nov 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic creationist - avoid addressing the point and insult instead.]
Bob's the flaming tard who refuses to admit that the science backs me up by refusing to read (or "claiming" to have not read it) the article based on the possibility that it's been tampered with when he knows he can get this same info from any university in America. But then he's famous for being the the Duke of Disinguousity, denying any evidence that he may be wrong and I am right.

He's a bitter, jeuvenile little prick who is only being hateful to Lil because "I" like him. He used to show his comments respect until he decided that anybody I find attractive must be hated on. What a petty loser he, and you, are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6261 Nov 14, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Which is the only way you would ever get it from anybody.
There is not enough money in the entire ReThuglican Party, to pay me to give you any.

You are **that** disgusting.

So give it up, already-- nobody wants what you are selling.

... not at **any** price.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6262 Nov 14, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...read the captioning just under the photo. Are you dyslexic or something?
I suspect you guys are having trouble with the definition of "illusion", whether optical, or not.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illusi...
Quit trying to be "sciency". You do not know how, for one thing.

And you are just a blithering idiot, for another.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6263 Nov 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Another optical phenomenon. I'll spare the panel the details. The 'mirage' is really there ... somewhere, just not where it appears to be. It's different from an 'illusion' that's why they call them different words. Duh.
A mirage is a reflection of something that exists but it isn't really "there" where you "think" you see it. Similarly, but not quite the same, your image in a mirror is an illusion, "you" are not THERE, in or ON the mirror...AND you are seeing is not a perfect *mirror image* either, in that you are reflected opposite of yourself, left to right, but not *up and down* or, rather, upside-down. And ferget about the "front to back" aspect of your mirror illusion. Illusion, optical illusion, it's all the same. Read the definition. Now try and determine how much of reality is really real.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6264 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
There is not enough money in the entire ReThuglican Party, to pay me to give you any.
You are **that** disgusting.
So give it up, already-- nobody wants what you are selling.
... not at **any** price.
You've been hanging out down on 11th street too long, ya perv.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6265 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Quit trying to be "sciency". You do not know how, for one thing.
And you are just a blithering idiot, for another.
lol
That's hilarious coming from a limp wick like you.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6266 Nov 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm ... what a revealing statement! Not about you exactly (although your ego is showing) but about the perversity of the 60 some odd people who must follow you around in pursuit of some kind of sick entertainment. What kind of a person even keeps track of how many people are 'observing' them at any given instant? Weird. But, uh ... keep sharpening those "reflexes" ... LOL.
I don't actively "keep track" of the numbers, they simply show at the top of the page every time I hit a new page. They're hard to miss.

Keep trying to insult me, I know you think it somehow validates your presence here.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6267 Nov 14, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
My background is physics....
Puhleeze! Any idiot can Google.

BTW, idiot, you connected the wrong post to the mirage link.

AND, your rainbow comment in no way disagrees with my rainbow post. Senile any?
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6268 Nov 14, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are your 2 links
This one is the mirage link you posted
http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp...
This is the rainbow link you posted
http://education.nationalgeographic.com/educa...
I guess they now call rainbow optical illusions - I have never seen these terms used together - but ok.
Here's the deal - you are mean for the sake of being mean. You are a bully - what the h3ll ever happened to you to make you think that your behavior is even remotely acceptable. You arrogance does not help your cause.
You ever want to talk real Physics like Quantum Entanglement, Particle Physics, Higg's Boson or what's going on at the Large Hadron Collider I'm game.
And no I have never read any post of yours besides this thread - but if this is how you write I think I'll pass.
Don't EVEN start with the bully bullshyt. These guys did nothing but verbally abuse me from Day 1, just like they do anybody who doesn't totally mirror their own, personal ideology. I was civil in the face of their abuse for a long time and now they play the victim when I dish it back at them. You're all a bunch of wussified hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr replaytime 711
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr SoE 76,871
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 7 hr The FACTory 4,299
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr Aerobatty 258,475
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 16 hr Ben Avraham 11
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web