Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 9880 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6200 Nov 12, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Someone is singing in Europe right now? Do you have proof or are you just guessing at the possibility? It is just as possible that nobody is singing in Europe right now.
Someone is singing in Europe right now. Don't believe me? I don't care.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6201 Nov 12, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Have you been spending too much time with "Skeptic" again?
I mean seriously...
Do some research and learn something outside of your [email protected] box for a change. Or just keep on doing as you are told pretend that you have control of your life. Bitch and moan about religion because apparently other people's beliefs are the only thing that matter to you. Otherwise you would not keep trying to everyone in your box..
Your mostly insane rant, above? In no way addressed my point.

You did not even try-- you just went on a personal attack, as is your usual strategy.

You could at least **try** to form a rational rebuttal?

No?

All you have are personal character assassination (attempts)?

That figures-- you are about as rational as that idiot Nano that you pant after all the time...

... it figures.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6203 Nov 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, they are not optical illusions. The light is reflected and refracted by water droplets.
WTF do you smoke?
Rainbows are optical illusions.

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/educa...

nutwad
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6204 Nov 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, they are not optical illusions. The light is reflected and refracted by water droplets.
WTF do you smoke?
Smarter people than you know that mirages are optical illusions.

http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp...

You've been hanging out with Bob too long, tardwad.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6206 Nov 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Unlike **You**? I can learn from my mistakes.
No, you haven't, not yet, not when you refuse to take the word of experts in their fields and just sit there and deny the truth based on your demented claim that those articles were made up by me. All you have to do is visit the universities' web sites and see that the articles are legitimate but you would rather were blinders than admit the reality that they back up my statements on when life begins for an individual.

Everybody knows when it begins and they know when it ends. The real issue is what actions people are willing to live with and not feel guilty about doing.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6207 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
But-- you **would** if you **could**>
You are **that** much of a hate-filled bigot.
You are sickening.
There's only 21 people observing the atheism forum right now, which is typically the most seen here on any given night. It was astonishing how that number rose to 82 observers within 20 minutes of me posting here last night. I've never seen the numbers that high on here before. It appears that there is a crowd coming here just to see my comments, not yours, Booblehead.

virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6208 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You are disgusting.
Seriously.. your hate and bigotry just **screams** from every one of your filthy posts.
Get help. Before you kill again.
You're entire waking life is a lie, Bob.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6209 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope. I do not associate with losers.
Which is why I do not associate with **you**.
I see you are still posting from jail...
I heard you got kicked out of church, Bob.

Panorama City, CA

#6211 Nov 12, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Rainbows are optical illusions.
nutwad
This article was a bit too complex for you, let me break it down.
It didn't say the rainbow itself is an illusion, just that it's position is.
I've passed gas smarter than you.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6213 Nov 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This article was a bit too complex for you, let me break it down.
It didn't say the rainbow itself is an illusion, just that it's position is.
I've passed gas smarter than you.
It did say it is an optical illusion. Are you blind too, retard? There is no "position" of a rainbow, only one of the observer. The rainbow does not exist at any specific place, ever.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#6214 Nov 12, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
My background is physics and the link you quote is about mirage on land when you think you see water on road or in a desert. You need to read it. There was a similar article in Scientific American many years ago. What happens with the sky is different - white light from the sun as white light. White light is made up of all the colors you find in a rainbow. It hit our atmosphere and is scattered by all the particles in the atmmoshere. Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.
http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/blue-sky/en/
As far as rainbows the suns rays are now going through rain. The rain drops act like a prism when the white light hits the rain drops it refracts into all the colors of the rainbow.
http://scijinks.nasa.gov/rainbow
You can't touch any of these just as you can't touch light.
You fking reject. The Nat'l Geographic article was about rainbows, NOT mirages.

If you had ever read any of my posts in the evolution forum you would know that I already know that a rainbow cannot be touched anymore than the illusion of a blue sky can be.

I left a poem about it there several days ago and I've shown the illusion over a year ago.

gfy with sandpaper, freak.

Los Angeles, CA

#6218 Nov 12, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!!!! Thank You!!! I wanted to say that but I decided to take the high road. If you throw me a link - I will read it!
I sometimes take the road high.:)

Los Angeles, CA

#6219 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>It did say it is an optical illusion. Are you blind too, retard? There is no "position" of a rainbow, only one of the observer. The rainbow does not exist at any specific place, ever.
You are so stupid.
Here are some quotes:
"A rainbow does not actually exist at a specific spot in the sky."
No indication that a rainbow doesn't exist, just that it's not in a specific spot in the sky. The article says their might be rainbows on Titan. Nobody to see them there.

"Its location depends on where youre standing and on where the sun is located at that time. Its an optical illusion."
(Nat Geo, it should be, "you're standing", "It's an optical illusion.)
The optical illusion refers to "Its location", not to the

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6220 Nov 13, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG - that is an understatement to say the least. I am just so taken back by his/her brazenness - that what they say is ok in any Universe.
I agree-- a sociopath for sure.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6221 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>No, you haven't, not yet, not when you refuse to take the word of experts ...
Stop.

You would not recognize an expert if it smacked you on your over-inflated (greasy) backside.

You do not live in reality-- you live in a land of your own ugly delusions.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6222 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>There's only 21 people observing the atheism forum right now, which is typically the most seen here on any given night. It was astonishing how that number rose to 82 observers within 20 minutes of me posting here last night. I've never seen the numbers that high on here before. It appears that there is a crowd coming here just to see my comments, not yours, Booblehead.
You are a world-reknowned liar.

Without a screen capture?(and even with one-- they can be faked)

You are simply lying.

But your narcissism is also legendary-- nearly as large as your willingness to sleep with anyone--anyone at all.

So it's hardly surprising, given your massively bloated ego (the **only** thing bigger than your azz) that you'd assume they were all here to read ...

... your crap.

As if.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6224 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I heard you got kicked out of church, Bob.
Nope.... I still have a membership (or so I presume) they do send me the annual membership stuff.

I just never bothered to tell them to remove me from the rolls-- it would insult my parents, who are still members.

Doesn't bother me either way, really.

But no-- unlike you? I never got kicked out.

But I bet **you** did-- you really should quit trying to go after those pre-teen boys.

Even though they are the **only** males who will give you the time of day...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6225 Nov 13, 2013
Crystal_Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are your 2 links
This one is the mirage link you posted
http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp...
This is the rainbow link you posted
I guess they now call rainbow optical illusions - I have never seen these terms used together - but ok.
Here's the deal - you are mean for the sake of being mean. You are a bully - what the h3ll ever happened to you to make you think that your behavior is even remotely acceptable. You arrogance does not help your cause.
You ever want to talk real Physics like Quantum Entanglement, Particle Physics, Higg's Boson or what's going on at the Large Hadron Collider I'm game.
And no I have never read any post of yours besides this thread - but if this is how you write I think I'll pass.
You are learning.

Nanomindless/virtualnutbag is a sociopath.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6226 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>No, you haven't, not yet, not when you refuse to take the word of experts in their fields and just sit there and deny the truth based on your demented claim that those articles were made up by me. All you have to do is visit the universities' web sites and see that the articles are legitimate but you would rather were blinders than admit the reality that they back up my statements on when life begins for an individual.
Everybody knows when it begins and they know when it ends. The real issue is what actions people are willing to live with and not feel guilty about doing.
LOL listen to this creationist piece of sh*t!

Try proving your god instead of opening your whine-mouth

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6227 Nov 13, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>There's only 21 people observing the atheism forum right now, which is typically the most seen here on any given night. It was astonishing how that number rose to 82 observers within 20 minutes of me posting here last night. I've never seen the numbers that high on here before. It appears that there is a crowd coming here just to see my comments, not yours, Booblehead.
Clearly you are god. Why don't we just all worship you?

Oh yeah, because you've got a faith based mental illness that you won't get treatment for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min DanFromSmithville 34,340
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 20,052
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Brian_G 14,856
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 255,502
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 3 hr emperorjohn 168
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 3 hr emperorjohn 54
More from around the web