Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments (Page 272)

Showing posts 5,421 - 5,440 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6029
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as vaporous as I am dense. Of course a Human life is much more 'valuable' than an ape's ... or any other animal for that matter. Why? Not because of what we are ... but because of what we could be. Same as a fetus. NEVER presume that I do not value or recognize the gravity of what we are talking about here. BUT ... the right of a woman to be able to choose her own destiny is MORE important to me. The fact remains that in the first trimester, the fetus, for all of it's great 'potential' is basically a lump of tissue ... unformed, unthinking, unfeeling and unaware. Whereas the mother is all of those things. We (me, you or Uncle Sam) simply do not have the right to force our preferences upon her. Anti-abortionist 'pro-lifers' need to be on the free birth-control, sex education and planned parenthood bandwagon and leave individuals to their own decisions.
The morning after pill dosage is the equivalent of 50 of the commonly taken birth control pills. Try reading the Merck Manual that they insert into their birth control compact. The Pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke, heart attack and increased risk of breast cancer. Would YOU take that crap just because you didn't want a baby? Would you feel comfortable taking 50x the dosage of any of your usual medications?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13100...

Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?

The education we should give kids should include not judging a woman for being single and pregnant. Fear of parental anger and judgement from peers plays too large a part in the resentment that many women feel for the baby in their belly.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6030
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>The morning after pill dosage is the equivalent of 50 of the commonly taken birth control pills. Try reading the Merck Manual that they insert into their birth control compact. The Pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke, heart attack and increased risk of breast cancer. Would YOU take that crap just because you didn't want a baby?
I took it, just because I didn't want a baby.

BTW, it's not true that pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke. That's just pure bull.
virtuanna wrote:
Would you feel comfortable taking 50x the dosage of any of your usual medications?
Depends upon which one, for how long, and for what reason.
The morning after pill is not intended for every day use, and it's NOT 50x the dose of the regular pill. How far up your backside do you reach to get your info?
virtuanna wrote:
<
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13100...
Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?
The education we should give kids should include not judging a woman for being single and pregnant. Fear of parental anger and judgement from peers plays too large a part in the resentment that many women feel for the baby in their belly.
There is no "unborn baby", the morning after pill PREVENTS pregnancy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6031
Nov 8, 2013
 
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "Lil Ticked" has snapped.
Indeed...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6032
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas nano, itís worse than you think. The socialist plot is just the tip of the iceberg. On the surface it looks like Clinton and his ilk were just targeting peace loving, praying folks, who would never want to do any harm to our American Christian nation.
But as you look deeper into that plot you realize there is much more. The media will not tell you, so you have to see this with your gut instinctóas how most socialist plots are finally seen through.
The dirty truth is that the ultimate target of the socialist Clinton plot was and still remains against all raving mad paranoid schizophrenics. Regular folks are not mentally equipped to see through the plot, but when you think about it Iím sure you will agree.
----------
Hi Bob,
Read it again.
Regards,
applePOE
I did.

There is no "socialist plot"-- in fact? That whole phrase is bullshyt-squared.

Not **all** ideas from socalism are bad--many are quite useful, and we have incorporated them into our society.

For example:

## public education-- that is a **socialistic** idea.

## public roadways -- socialism.

## damning rivers for hydro-electric-- socialism.

## federal and state funded colleges: socialism.

## a universal standard for weights and measures: socialism.

## medicaid -- socialism.

## social security --**very** socialism

Not all ideas from socialism are bad.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6033
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>I can count on one hand the number of sane, reasonable posters on Topix; Lil Ticked is among that number. You are not.
Oh look! Another anonymous grey-box cowardly poster who cannot even commit to Topix...

... as if.

“Don't get me started”

Since: Jul 09

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6035
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
There is no "socialist plot"-- in fact? That whole phrase is bullshyt-squared.
Not **all** ideas from socalism are bad--many are quite useful, and we have incorporated them into our society.
For example:
## public education-- that is a **socialistic** idea.
## public roadways -- socialism.
## damning rivers for hydro-electric-- socialism.
## federal and state funded colleges: socialism.
## a universal standard for weights and measures: socialism.
## medicaid -- socialism.
## social security --**very** socialism
Not all ideas from socialism are bad.
Bob, Bob, Bob,
I was playing. I was telling nano that the socialist plot she envisions is only true in her own mind. "The dirty truth is that the ultimate target of the socialist Clinton plot was and still remains against all raving mad paranoid schizophrenics."

In retrospect, I should have made better use of white space, so my poking fun would have been more obvious. You would agree that it's the raving mad paranoid schizophrenics who actually think there's a socialist plot against them, yes?
Crolath

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6036
Nov 9, 2013
 
appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Hi Bob,
Read it again.
Regards,
applePOE
Being a poe doesn't help anyone, doesn't add to the conversation, and what's that other thing..... oh, yeah, it isn't funny. At all.
Crolath

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6037
Nov 9, 2013
 
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?
You're assuming aborting is an act of hate. It isn't. It is something done after a long agonizing decision process. Sometimes abortion is what's best for the child. I am speaking as someone who should have been aborted. Why don't you get down off that high horse for five minutes and imagine what your life would be like if you grew up being beaten and/or raped every day while never having enough food to eat. Having to raise your little brothers and sisters because your parents don't give a damn. Trying to take all of their beatings for them to spare them the pain. Getting to the point where you enjoy being locked in the closet because, hey, those are hours that you aren't being actively abused.

I don't know what kind of sugar coated, rose colored world you grew up in, but as for me, I still have nightmares 50 years later. You need a dose of reality, lady.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6038
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>"Come out with your hands up".
Obey or die, huh?
We have collectively granted 'law enforcement' power over us that we defy at our own risk. If you don't "yes sir" and "no sir" a cop, you're asking for trouble ... consider yourself informed. If you want to test an armed person's patience behind 'the shield of the Lord' you go right ahead. You can 'stand your ground' and take your licks ... pack your bruises or scars off to COURT and maybe get somebody fired or the dreaded 'suspended with pay' but you are not going to change the nature of the beast. It can't change ... there are simply too many violently crazy people out there. Ever hear of 'fighting fire with fire'? Of course you have. There's "violently crazy people" on both sides of the border between right and wrong. Sane people don't hang out at the border.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6039
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>The morning after pill dosage is the equivalent of 50 of the commonly taken birth control pills. Try reading the Merck Manual that they insert into their birth control compact. The Pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke, heart attack and increased risk of breast cancer. Would YOU take that crap just because you didn't want a baby? Would you feel comfortable taking 50x the dosage of any of your usual medications?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13100...
Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?
The education we should give kids should include not judging a woman for being single and pregnant. Fear of parental anger and judgement from peers plays too large a part in the resentment that many women feel for the baby in their belly.
All medications (or anything else for that matter) that a person takes into their bodies have a risk/benefit factor. People accustomed to informing themselves and making rational decisions will weigh these factors and exercise their right to choose. Sweet, huh? People used to being led around by the nose like a pack animal or simply following the flock will eat the contents, the box and the labeling and then mewl like sick cows when their tummy starts to hurt. Yuk.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6040
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>The morning after pill dosage is the equivalent of 50 of the commonly taken birth control pills. Try reading the Merck Manual that they insert into their birth control compact. The Pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke, heart attack and increased risk of breast cancer. Would YOU take that crap just because you didn't want a baby? Would you feel comfortable taking 50x the dosage of any of your usual medications?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13100...
Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?
The education we should give kids should include not judging a woman for being single and pregnant. Fear of parental anger and judgement from peers plays too large a part in the resentment that many women feel for the baby in their belly.
Un-wed Mothers (my daughter is a two-time winner) are not stigmatized these days ... in fact they are offered a rather staggering amount of public funded assistance. Assistance that I am admittedly very 'grateful' that she gets. Not to the 'lord' of course but to our lumbering, giant of a government that seems to be trying to help ... despite a reputation for "slaughtering children" in their spare time. People don't seem to 'judge' too harshly these days, or if they do it's carefully hidden under their breath.

Is this better than 'the old days' where the fear of societal rejection kept many a knee firmly closed, virtue maintained and many a young man pleasuring himself after a trip to the Malt Shop? Somehow, I think not. Guess I'm just old fashioned. But ... take heart!! We're dying like flies and in the "Brave New World" looming ahead all kinds of goodness is forming up to take our place.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6041
Nov 9, 2013
 
Crolath wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming aborting is an act of hate. It isn't. It is something done after a long agonizing decision process. Sometimes abortion is what's best for the child. I am speaking as someone who should have been aborted. Why don't you get down off that high horse for five minutes and imagine what your life would be like if you grew up being beaten and/or raped every day while never having enough food to eat. Having to raise your little brothers and sisters because your parents don't give a damn. Trying to take all of their beatings for them to spare them the pain. Getting to the point where you enjoy being locked in the closet because, hey, those are hours that you aren't being actively abused.
I don't know what kind of sugar coated, rose colored world you grew up in, but as for me, I still have nightmares 50 years later. You need a dose of reality, lady.
I grew up in a "sugar coated, rose colored world" not terribly unlike the land of "Leave it to Beaver" although any world where men had to wear a suit and tie all the time is well-gone. I think there's lots more of your worlds than people want to admit ... lots more. Regardless which world you grow up in ... it don't change the facts none ... people got to have the right to choose their destiny, to govern their own bodies, to think their own thoughts. We are America ... The Land of the Free and every 'law' is a chip away at that freedom.
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6042
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look! Another anonymous grey-box cowardly poster who cannot even commit to Topix...
... as if.
You know fkg well I'm not trying to be anonymous, otherwise I would have changed the IP address or made a new account, Bob.

I'm staying at a friend's house and didn't want to log in to my nano account on their computer.

Get over it, Bobblehead.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6043
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>The morning after pill dosage is the equivalent of 50 of the commonly taken birth control pills. Try reading the Merck Manual that they insert into their birth control compact. The Pill users have a 40% chance of having a stroke, heart attack and increased risk of breast cancer. Would YOU take that crap just because you didn't want a baby? Would you feel comfortable taking 50x the dosage of any of your usual medications?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13100...
Love, hate and resentment are all choices too. It's just as easy to "decide" to love an unborn baby as it is to decide to hate it. What's it say about a woman who chooses to hate the innocent?
The education we should give kids should include not judging a woman for being single and pregnant. Fear of parental anger and judgement from peers plays too large a part in the resentment that many women feel for the baby in their belly.
I take it you aren't from the UK, Virtuanna? If you were, you would know that quoting the Daily Mail is about as convincing as using the Bible to prove a scientific fact.

I suggest you try to obtain a source for your information that has a better reputation for accuracy. This is just a laugh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
but the Daily Mail has been criticised by everyone from the Spectator (a right-wing rag) and Lord Justice Leveson.
virtuanna

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6044
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Crolath wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming aborting is an act of hate. It isn't. It is something done after a long agonizing decision process. Sometimes abortion is what's best for the child. I am speaking as someone who should have been aborted.

...
It's never too late to fix that problem...since you don't mind destroying life.

Otherwise, stop whining.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6045
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What ever trips your trigger. You are more "religious" than I ever was.
Dogmatic psychopath that claims everyone who doesn't agree with him belongs to a cult.
Shaddap you exposed fake agnostic, your cult of creationism is one long boring joke and you know it.

Run like a coward from proving your god Lil Ticked, run like the cowardly troll you are , who disappeared for months after being exposed for being a creationist posing as an agnostic.

Will your cult ever be honest? Nope.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6046
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>It's never too late to fix that problem...since you don't mind destroying life.
Otherwise, stop whining.
When you can prove your god, your interference in womens' lives will actually mean something.
Crusader Rabbit

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6047
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

The answer is quite simple really.

Most Atheists are not aware of John Frum and the Cargo Cult:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/j...

Once one understands clearly how quickly and easily wacky religions can form, one no longer is able to ridicule Christianity.

All one can do is quietly shed a tear and have compassion for these poor souls huddled together in a world of make believe, driven mad by their fear of the unknown.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6048
Nov 9, 2013
 
Crusader Rabbit wrote:
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?
The answer is quite simple really.
Most Atheists are not aware of John Frum and the Cargo Cult:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/j...
Once one understands clearly how quickly and easily wacky religions can form, one no longer is able to ridicule Christianity.
All one can do is quietly shed a tear and have compassion for these poor souls huddled together in a world of make believe, driven mad by their fear of the unknown.
There are lots of daft cults..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_ou...
Abrahamic religions are simply big ones.

And there are pictures of people in "a world of make believe, driven mad by their fear of the unknown"....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Religion = superstition

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6049
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
There is no "socialist plot"-- in fact? That whole phrase is bullshyt-squared.
Not **all** ideas from socalism are bad--many are quite useful, and we have incorporated them into our society.
For example:
## public education-- that is a **socialistic** idea.
## public roadways -- socialism.
## damning rivers for hydro-electric-- socialism.
## federal and state funded colleges: socialism.
## a universal standard for weights and measures: socialism.
## medicaid -- socialism.
## social security --**very** socialism
Not all ideas from socialism are bad.
They are when theft, kidnapping, and murder are used to enforce those ideas..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,421 - 5,440 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••