Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments
5,261 - 5,280 of 5,918 Comments Last updated May 8, 2014

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... very, very wrong.
http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx...
Fake agnostic, now exposed, takes on her true creationist form.

No proof of god and knows and continuing to lie.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
....That is what a **free** market gets you: devastation for most- extremely high wealth for a select few...
Many people also fail to distinguish between the wealth-creators and meritocracy and the merely wealthy and privileged. A meritocracy isn't a class-system based on inherited wealth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... very, very wrong.
http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx...
The gods of the judge icons took a big sh*t on your previous post.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Many people also fail to distinguish between the wealth-creators and meritocracy and the merely wealthy and privileged. A meritocracy isn't a class-system based on inherited wealth.
Indeed it is not-- there sometimes exists a mix of the two systems, where opportunities are many, and the economy is very strong (i.e. lots of money is flowing from point to point, little of it locked away in banks, etc).

The USA had a period of limited meritocracy for awhile-- but the last few decades, it has stagnated into a feed-the-rich, make-them-richer.

Started with Ronnie Ray-Gun's tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and de-regulation of large sections of the economy, which enabled extreme job-loss to overseas.

What's left? Mostly service-sector jobs, which typically pay low or below poverty wages, increasing the dependence on food stamps, etc.

Such as McJobs and Wally-World Job-Wannabes....

Thanks Reagan, for destroying America with your bankrupt ideas!

And thanks Clinton, Bush and Bush for **helping** that along...
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The gods of the judge icons took

a big sh*t

on your previous post.
Is feces your defense of atheist philosophy?

In medicine and biology, scatology or coprology is the study of feces.

Scatological studies allow one to determine a wide range of biological information about a creature, including its diet , healthiness, and diseases such as tapeworms. The word derives from the Greek &#963;&#954;&#974; &#961; (genitive &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#972;&#962; , modern &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#972;, pl. &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#940;) meaning "feces".

You might try to defend atheism philosophy without your favorite word?
Peace

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Indeed it is not-- there sometimes exists a mix of the two systems, where opportunities are many, and the economy is very strong (i.e. lots of money is flowing from point to point, little of it locked away in banks, etc).
The USA had a period of limited meritocracy for awhile-- but the last few decades, it has stagnated into a feed-the-rich, make-them-richer.
Started with Ronnie Ray-Gun's tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, and de-regulation of large sections of the economy, which enabled extreme job-loss to overseas.
What's left? Mostly service-sector jobs, which typically pay low or below poverty wages, increasing the dependence on food stamps, etc.
Such as McJobs and Wally-World Job-Wannabes....
Thanks Reagan, for destroying America with your bankrupt ideas!
And thanks Clinton, Bush and Bush for **helping** that along...
Not long after Ron's co 2nd, we have the savings and loans scandal brought on by republican de regulation. Now we have another economic crisis fostered by republican de-regulation. And the great depression? Was not the republicans in control for three presidential administrations?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Scatological studies allow one to determine a wide range of biological information about a creature, including its diet , healthiness, and diseases such as tapeworms. The word derives from the Greek &#963;&#954;&#974; &#961; (genitive &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#972;&#962; , modern &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#972;, pl. &#963;&#954;&#945; &#964;&#940;) meaning "feces".
Peace
There's no such thing as "atheist philosophy". We are, however, happy to point out the fallacies in the philosophy of others. I should also like to point out that you do not have to be a Biologist, Scatologist or Coprologist to tell sh&t from Shinola. A rose by any other name should smell so sweet! Religions are the coprolites of Human Philosophy and only worthy of study when seen in that light.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
Not content with posting creationist sh*t in the atheism forum, you post actual sh*t.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism doesn't need defending - its your liar-cult that has turned its tail and run.

Just look at all these creationist trolls so weak desperate to lie about their gods to atheists like zombied sheep.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake agnostic, now exposed, takes on her true creationist form.
No proof of god and knows and continuing to lie.
Anyone that can see my avatar should be able to realize that you are wrong as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that can see my avatar should be able to realize that you are wrong as well.
You're just another idiot with no proof of god at the end of the day.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bullshyt. The "free" market is simply greed writ large.
We had a nearly completely unregulated market back at the end of the 1890's and on into the 20's.
Lots of Trusts, which controlled the markets exclusively.
Leading up to the great market crash of '29.
That is what a **free** market gets you: devastation for most-- extremely high wealth for a select few.
Without **regulation** capitalism is the worst possible thing to have-- except for all the rest of course.
**WITH** regulation? Capitalism is barely tolerable.
You've been sucking at the teat of Faux SNooze too long.
Don't be retarded Bob. Making the assumption that I watch Fox is just like Skeptic saying that I am christian. For people that like "proof" you guys sure do not use much when it comes to making claims about others.
That is besides the point.
Does the system that we have now work? Is it fair? Why were the bank bailed out ? Why is it so difficult to start a new business these days? What happened to our heavily regulated economy?
What we need is to get rid of the government completely.
Nothing like fining children $500.00 for not having a business license for their lemonade stands or putting a ban on feeding the homeless.
If people can not be trusted to regulate their own behaviors then how can we trust them to regulate the behaviors of others?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The gods of the judge icons took a big sh*t on your previous post.
You mean you and all of your other aliases? Ego much?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be retarded Bob. Making the assumption that I watch Fox is just like Skeptic saying that I am christian. For people that like "proof" you guys sure do not use much when it comes to making claims about others.
Does the system that we have now work? Is it fair? Why were the bank bailed out ? Why is it so difficult to start a new business these days? What happened to our heavily regulated economy?
Nothing like fining children $500.00 for not having a business license for their lemonade stands or putting a ban on feeding the homeless.
If people can not be trusted to regulate their own behaviors then how can we trust them to regulate the behaviors of others?
You're an idiot that left this forum after being exposed as a creationist troll.

Don't even try to deny it. Just shows how stupid you really are to all of us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You mean you and all of your other aliases? Ego much?
If it makes you feel better to believe I used aliases to vote you down, feel free.

The truth is I'm actually surprised you had taken such a downvoting by the time I was about to judge you.

I don't expect you to accept this - just like you lie about god and deny evolution.

You are part of a mentally ill cult after all.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If it makes you feel better to believe I used aliases to vote you down, feel free.
The truth is I'm actually surprised you had taken such a downvoting by the time I was about to judge you.
I don't expect you to accept this - just like you lie about god and deny evolution.
You are part of a mentally ill cult after all.
I do not use or care about judge icons. So, what ever gives you your jollies, that doesn't harm others, have at it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot that left this forum after being exposed as a creationist troll.
Don't even try to deny it. Just shows how stupid you really are to all of us.
I am not a creationist and you know it. I left because I have other things to do than be an angry douche-bag like some others on here. Go ahead say what you will, it doesn't matter.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long after Ron's co 2nd, we have the savings and loans scandal brought on by republican de regulation. Now we have another economic crisis fostered by republican de-regulation. And the great depression? Was not the republicans in control for three presidential administrations?
The Depression was also because of little or no oversight-- no regulation in other words.

Anytime you de-regulate a capitalistic system? Sooner or later, it crashes and burns.

This is because **pure** capitalism is just another word for exploitation and greed.

What seems to work best, is a mix of regulated capitalism and some modest use of social programs.

Certain things should **never** be greed-based, such as medicine or medical drugs or research for either of those.

Why?

Because in a capitalistic based "research" system (private enterprise-- or greed-based), there is no incentive to actually **cure** diseases-- but tons of money to be made in **managing** or so-called "controlling" disease.

Whereas in a not-for-profit, or even a tax-funded research program? It is quite possible to place strong incentive to find actual cures.

Proof is the **university** based research programs, where cures bring in lots attention, which in turn brings in more and better researchers.

In contrast to for-profit(greed) based systems where they just look for ways to keep a disease from killing the patient outright, but lets them charge them constantly instead-- a sort of ugly balancing act, where the patent is not killed immediately (no profit in that--the dead do not pay) but he's never completely cured either-- so he keeps paying.

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be retarded Bob. Making the assumption that I watch Fox is just like Skeptic saying that I am christian.
Not really-- anyone who thinks pure, unregulated capitalism is the only way to go, has to be nuts-- or extremely wealthy.

I don't think you are super-rich, so that leaves...

... and Faux SNooze is one of the "patron saints" for a pure greed-based economy (unregulated capitalism).
Lil Ticked wrote:
For people that like "proof" you guys sure do not use much when it comes to making claims about others.
It was a safe assumption-- you said my comment was wrong, then linked to a Faux SNooze-like super-biased website for your "proof"...

...riiiight.
Lil Ticked wrote:
Our economy is not regulated any longer-- the ReThugs have been stripping out regulations since Ronnie-Ray-Gun's Star-Wars boondoggle.

That's what happened to it-- the super-rich **hate** regulations, because it **forces** them to play **nice** with their slaves--erm-- "employees".

And they really **hate** that....
Lil Ticked wrote:
See? You suck at the teat of Faux SNooze-- the mindless robots on that channel say the exact same thing....!
Lil Ticked wrote:
Is that the **best** example you can come up with? Did you research further? It was eventually dropped out of embarrassment... or did you just conveniently forget that fact?

How about the super- DE-regulated Oil Industry? Hmmm?

Where they were permitted to deep-water drill WITHOUT safety equipment in place...

... and look how well **that** worked out... the Gulf is **still** suffering from the toxic oil damage...
Lil Ticked wrote:
Indeed-- we cannot.. which is why the Rule Of Law is so vital.

A **law** doesn't care-- it just is. It is much easier to apply a **Law** equally than it is to apply personal opinions...

Your problem is, you want to throw out the bath, the baby, the water, the table the bath was sitting on, the towels, the soap, the rug under the table, the window-panes, the curtains and even the door into the bathroom....

.... total anarchy, in other words.

Try Somalia-- no government to speak of... but rampant **piracy***...

.... I bet you'd **love** living there....!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a creationist and you know it. I left because I have other things to do than be an angry douche-bag like some others on here. Go ahead say what you will, it doesn't matter.
You're civil enough with this account but I suspect you might not be as well mannered with your other ones. ;)

I hate to think of you acting Bobesque.:B

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min Igor Trip 21,393
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 224,164
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 217
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 12 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 15 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
•••
•••