Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 6130 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

LCNLin

United States

#5847 Oct 26, 2013
Septic seems to introduce the idea that Atheism IS a religion,
needing to be defended each day by her irrational posts?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5848 Oct 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Septic seems to introduce the idea that Atheism IS a religion,
needing to be defended each day by her irrational posts?
Says the troll that failed to convince anyone that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs or even ever existed in the first place.

Your lies are tired and old, your cult mindless, numb and shrinking every day. Good luck in trying to convince the world of your proven, evidenceless, mental illness.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5849 Oct 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And that? Proves to 100% that there are NO GODS whispering to these people what the truth is.
Thanks!
You are just helping out my case!
<quoted text>
You would not recognize "scientific" if it was sent to you First Class, wrapped in gold foil.
Sorry, but that's the facts, Jack: you simply do not do science.
At all.
<quoted text>
You have yet to teach me anything useful-- apart from the fact you are scientifically illiterate.
<quoted text>
You say that, because I am destroying your religion.
Thank you!
<quoted text>
I expect god to be BETTER THAN ME, you idiot.
But?
According to YOU?
GOD IS DUMBER THAN A DOG.
Seriously-- the god you worship would lose in a battle of wits to a dog.
Yeah right. After I prove to you that you can't even apply science to come to a conclusion, you say I don't know science. lol, typical response from a jealous atheist.
You guys call stupidity a battle of wits. You must have the need to make your stupidity sound good at least. lol
No matter what you THINK, reality is that the people that act selfishly are the idiots.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5850 Oct 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the troll that failed to convince anyone that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs or even ever existed in the first place.
Your lies are tired and old, your cult mindless, numb and shrinking every day. Good luck in trying to convince the world of your proven, evidenceless, mental illness.
Says the idiot that opens their mouth when they don't know anything. The people that are mentally ill are the selfish people.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5851 Oct 27, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. After I prove to you that you can't even apply science to come to a conclusion, you say I don't know science. lol, typical response from a jealous atheist.
You guys call stupidity a battle of wits. You must have the need to make your stupidity sound good at least. lol
No matter what you THINK, reality is that the people that act selfishly are the idiots.
Nothing you said above? Addresses my points.

Classic attempt to dodge the criticism.

As for selfish actions?

Look to your own religion, especially the Republican party, who is **against** any social programs that ...

... might **help** people.

ReThugs are **against** welfare-- selfish of them. Welfare is an attempt to **help** those in need avoid becoming homeless.

ReThugs are **against** food stamps -- selfishly. Food stamps are an attempt to **help** those who need food-- to avoid starvation.

ReThugs are **against** the Affordable Care Act-- selfishly. ACA is an attempt to **help** those who need medical care-- to avoid sickness and death.

So you do not **get** to talk about selfish behavior-- until you clean your **own** house.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5852 Oct 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed: Robertson has dished out his particular brand of swill for so long, he has completely forgotten that he fabricated it all.
I think he actually believes his own BS. I really do.
And yes-- I'd pay to see that as well. It'd be so worth it, when it finally dawned on him, what a big fat liar he's been all these years.
Do you think it matters to Robertson if he believes what he's spewing?

Considering the fantastical things he's said in the recent past, I'd say the the only thing he cares about is the incoming money so that he and his are comfortable and, more importantly, tax exempt.

If you and yours sacrifice all, that's just fine by him.

After all, Acts 3:34
that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales (35) and put it at the apostlesÂ’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

I don't seem to recall any rules about the apostles' distribution of such wealth after scarecrow Jesus.

Any ideas there?

Nehwon

#5853 Oct 27, 2013
Whoops. That should have been Acts 4.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5854 Oct 28, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the fantastical things he's said in the recent past, I'd say the the only thing he cares about is the incoming money so that he and his are comfortable and, more importantly, tax exempt.
After all, Acts 3:34
that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales (35) and put it at the apostlesÂ’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
I don't seem to recall any rules about the apostles' distribution of such wealth after scarecrow Jesus.
Any ideas there?
Indeed-- the earliest Jewsus(jesus) followers did live as a commune (little-c) and shared their incomes/wealth/etc. And the earliest apostles as they traveled, depended on **hospitality**-- a strongly Jewish tradition.

But as time went on, the accumulation of wealth at the churches no doubt turned from a necessity to a command and, naturally,*someone* has to manage all that incoming wealth. Right? Right....

... fast-forward to today, and you have what might as well be infinite wealth in the Vatican City.

Did you see where a German super-high muckety-muck in the Cat'Lick church spent multiple-millions on his own personal apartments?

Including several millions on the bathroom alone....

... meh.

Selfish and greed. That is the legacy of today's religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5855 Oct 28, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he does-- he is practically senile.

And so, he has long forgotten that he's just a character in a play-- he actually thinks the **play** is what's real.

I strongly suspect he cannot think at all, once the camera's lights are turned off.

Like a discarded ventriloquist's dummy, he likely goes mute and has to be lead back to his bed...

Location hidden

#5856 Oct 29, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Science proves evolution. Game over troll.

Location hidden

#5857 Oct 29, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the idiot that opens their mouth when they don't know anything. The people that are mentally ill are the selfish people.
When you can prove the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about, your worthless hate will be justified and not before.

Nehwon

#5859 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed-- the earliest Jewsus(jesus) followers did live as a commune (little-c) and shared their incomes/wealth/etc. And the earliest apostles as they traveled, depended on **hospitality**-- a strongly Jewish tradition.
But as time went on, the accumulation of wealth at the churches no doubt turned from a necessity to a command and, naturally,*someone* has to manage all that incoming wealth. Right? Right....
... fast-forward to today, and you have what might as well be infinite wealth in the Vatican City.
Did you see where a German super-high muckety-muck in the Cat'Lick church spent multiple-millions on his own personal apartments?
Including several millions on the bathroom alone....
... meh.
Selfish and greed. That is the legacy of today's religion.
Well, I'd say communism works okay in a small enough community but it doesn't scale up. It fails because it can't counter greed.

And I saw that story of the German Bishop getting called to Rome. That Pope Frankie did such makes me wonder if the Cardinals blundered electing a Jesuit.

The RCC clergy might actually have to walk the walk and I don't think that's going to go over too well. But what can they do now?

The Jesuits by charter are answerable to only the Pope and, considering their rep, they know some nasty people outside the church to counter the nasty people inside the church.

We may be witnessing a religious Cold War MAD doctrine.

Nehwon

#5860 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I think he does-- he is practically senile.
And so, he has long forgotten that he's just a character in a play-- he actually thinks the **play** is what's real.
I strongly suspect he cannot think at all, once the camera's lights are turned off.
Like a discarded ventriloquist's dummy, he likely goes mute and has to be lead back to his bed...
Maybe.

Or he's getting up there in years where it doesn't really matter any more. At this point, what are you going to do to him?

Sue him? He's got the resources to tie that up in courts longer than he'll live.

It's more amusing to see the co-hosts when he says outrageous things.

They look like the lady in the blue dress here (NSFW - language)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5861 Oct 30, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd say communism works okay in a small enough community but it doesn't scale up. It fails because it can't counter greed.
And I saw that story of the German Bishop getting called to Rome. That Pope Frankie did such makes me wonder if the Cardinals blundered electing a Jesuit.
The RCC clergy might actually have to walk the walk and I don't think that's going to go over too well. But what can they do now?
The Jesuits by charter are answerable to only the Pope and, considering their rep, they know some nasty people outside the church to counter the nasty people inside the church.
Yes-- communism-little-C quickly fails when any single person begins to act greedy.

Capitalism is almost as bad-- but the slight difference makes capitalism a bit more tolerable.

A well regulated capitalism is good at combating the greed factor, but it does not grow very fast, and tends to stagnate.

*sigh*

If only there were an anti-greed pill....

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5862 Oct 30, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: German bishop-- did you see why?

The man had a million-dollar bathroom makeover for his personal luxury suite -- and that was just the beginning...

... that greed again.

<snerk>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5863 Oct 30, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.
Or he's getting up there in years where it doesn't really matter any more. At this point, what are you going to do to him?
Sue him? He's got the resources to tie that up in courts longer than he'll live.
It's more amusing to see the co-hosts when he says outrageous things.
They look like the lady in the blue dress here (NSFW - language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ss8LDBNcsWcXX
ROFLMAO! These talking robot-heads will read anything on the teleprompter...!

LOL!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5864 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes-- communism-little-C quickly fails when any single person begins to act greedy.
Capitalism is almost as bad-- but the slight difference makes capitalism a bit more tolerable.
A well regulated capitalism is good at combating the greed factor, but it does not grow very fast, and tends to stagnate.
*sigh*
If only there were an anti-greed pill....
;)
Wrong... very, very wrong.
http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5865 Oct 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... very, very wrong.
Bullshyt. The "free" market is simply greed writ large.

We had a nearly completely unregulated market back at the end of the 1890's and on into the 20's.

Lots of Trusts, which controlled the markets exclusively.

Leading up to the great market crash of '29.

That is what a **free** market gets you: devastation for most-- extremely high wealth for a select few.

Without **regulation** capitalism is the worst possible thing to have-- except for all the rest of course.

**WITH** regulation? Capitalism is barely tolerable.

You've been sucking at the teat of Faux SNooze too long.

Location hidden

#5866 Oct 31, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong... very, very wrong.
Fake agnostic, now exposed, takes on her true creationist form.

No proof of god and knows and continuing to lie.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#5867 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
....That is what a **free** market gets you: devastation for most- extremely high wealth for a select few...
Many people also fail to distinguish between the wealth-creators and meritocracy and the merely wealthy and privileged. A meritocracy isn't a class-system based on inherited wealth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min I Am No One_ 244,715
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 21 min Lawrence Wolf 10,631
Is the Christian god good? 25 min Richardfs 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min ChristineM 20,490
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 39 min Richardfs 18
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 2 hr Shizle 7
There is no meaning without God 4 hr Shizle 3
More from around the web