Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 Full story: Free Republic 6,033

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5797 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
The first 10 minutes of every local TV newscast involves reports of atheists killing someone (at least in our atheist infested area).
I will bet you $100 that those are Genuine Christholes™-- just like YOU.

75% or more of the prison population are Genuine Christholes™ like you.

You are sick.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5798 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
I'm not here to teach you anything useful.
Of course you are not!

You are just here to spew your hateful religion.

You **do** worship a sadistic torturing god, after all.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#5807 Oct 22, 2013
www.evilbible.com

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”(Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered.

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself.

Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven: "For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matthew 19:12 ASV) I don't know why anyone would follow the teachings of someone who literally tells all men to cut off their privates.

The God of the Bible also was a big fan of ritual human sacrifice and animal sacrifice.

And just in case you are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear: "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB) There are many more quotes on this topic at my "Do Not Ignore the Old Testament" web page.

I know that most Christians believe that God is a good and loving god, and wants people to do good things. I believe that most people want to do good things and behave morally.
I also believe that many Christians haven’t really read the Bible, or just read certain passages in church. This is understandable, as the Bible is hard to read due to its archaic language and obscure references. Also many priests and preachers don’t like to read certain passages in the Bible because they present a message of hate not love.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#5808 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never killed anyone and I've never known a Christian to do so either. You are lying.
YOU are the one LYING,as xians often do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5809 Oct 22, 2013
God doesn't exist. How can I prove that? Well, first we need to describe/define god. If we don't, there is nothing to debate. God, 1. is all powerful/all knowing. 2. Has rules he want us to know.(Even if those rules are just "repent and accept Jesus")
Well, it's clear we don't all know these rules. How can I show that? Some people believe the pilots who flew the planes into the WTC are being rewarded by god, some believe they are being tormented. They can't all be right. So, either god didn't have the ability to let the wrong ones know what the rules are, or he doesn't care to. In either case, he wouldn't be god.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#5810 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason why someone would regard a calculus book as better than garbage. lol But some people don't.
There is a reason why calculus in taught in school and not the buybull.

#5811 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. Atheists kill for less than that! I've heard them killing for a piece of candy.
No, I'm not your type.
This is why we are able to expose you xtians as hypocrites. You see nothing wrong with your god committing mass murder because "Atheists kill for less than that! I've heard them killing for a piece of candy."
You are too stupid to know the difference between a common man and a deity. The actions of the former are just action, of the latter, they are holy, at least in the m,ind of the religious.
You Christians worship a cruel tyrant for a god.

#5812 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be an exceptionally hateful sick bastard.. Did your atheism make you that way? I bet it did.
I cannot speak for Bob, but my atheism has made me more opened minded. As for Bob, I have never seen him say something hateful in this forum.

#5813 Oct 22, 2013
Typo-open minded

#5814 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put. Bob is a sick and mentally disturbed person. We have his ugly cult of atheism to blame for that.
I wager he has killed Christians in his past.....probably dozens. His hatred can't stay bottled up.....the angry little hateful twit.
You are mixing up Bob with your ugly god, an admitted mass murderer.

#5815 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
The first 10 minutes of every local TV newscast involves reports of atheists killing someone (at least in our atheist infested area). Yes. Alabama has now become atheist infested. It once was a terrific place to live but now that the ugly atheists are puking their shit in our areas, we are struggling in the safety side of things.
I despise atheists and their agenda.
You are a liar. Most criminals and prisoners are religious.
New Study: Religion Helps Criminals Justify Their Crimes
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
How criminals use religion to justify their crimes
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/scienceonreligio...
"deed, the data examined in this study demonstrates that only the more secular, pro-evolution democracies have, for the first time in history, come closest to achieving practical “cultures of life” that feature low rates of lethal crime, juvenile-adult mortality, sex related dysfunction, and even abortion. The least theistic secular developed democracies such as Japan, France, and Scandinavia have been most successful in these regards. The non-religious, pro-evolution democracies contradict the dictum that a society cannot enjoy good conditions unless most citizens ardently believe in a moral creator. The widely held fear that a Godless citizenry must experience societal disaster is therefore refuted. Contradicting these conclusions requires demonstrating a positive link between theism and societal conditions in the first world with a similarly large body of data – a doubtful possibility in view of the observable trends."
http://www.atheismresource.com/2010/atheist-d...
The results of the Christians vs atheists
in prison investigation.
http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

#5816 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
I was showing a friend some of the posts made on this forum by atheists and they are stunned that people can be this hateful and STUPID.
He said he now has a whole different understanding of atheism . He thinks (and knows) that they are horrible people.
Your friend is a silly godbot like you.

#5817 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the ones that I showed as the most hateful of atheists. It's good to know that you will rot in Hell , you hateful and ugly .
People like you make me glad that I left the church.
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are totally wrong. 99% of the murderers are ATHEISTS pricks like you. and I can tell you want to kill me if you knew where I lived.
Study: "Spiritual" People More Likely to Commit Crimes than Atheists
Atheists also less likely to be mentally troubled, suffer anxiety and have phobias.
Once again, you lie
http://www.alternet.org/religious-people-more...
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a horrible , unhappy, miserable atheist. Everyone should learn from you that atheism is a dead-end cult, full of ugliness.
Now go find a job tomorrow so you can stop dwelling on your thoughts of killing Christians.
Your hate is showing.

#5818 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are proof that God exists as you fulfill the scriptures that God inspired with every persecutory statement you make. Every time your hatred is belched out, you also prove that Satan exists.....so we are getting a two-fer everytime you post, you moronic imbecilic , raving athetarded lunatic.
Atheists have suffered persecutions and hate from your people for hundreds of yrs.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5819 Oct 23, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
I was showing a friend some of the posts made on this forum by atheists and they are stunned that people can be this hateful and STUPID.
Of course! After he saw YOUR HATE postings, I quite imagine how embarrassed he was for you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5820 Oct 23, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the ones that I showed as the most hateful of atheists. It's good to know that you will rot in Hell , you hateful and ugly .
How Jesus of you.

Did you show your friend your own hateful and ugly posts?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5821 Oct 23, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are proof that God exists as you fulfill the scriptures that God inspired with every persecutory statement you make.
Persecute?

Riiiiight... you own the major religion.

And you have the stones to cry "persecution"!

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5822 Oct 23, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never killed anyone and I've never known a Christian to do so either.
You are an established liar.

So I quite imagine you have murdered many-many non-christians.

It's what you people do.

Spanish Inquisition is still alive and well -- as proven by your hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5823 Oct 23, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
God doesn't exist. How can I prove that? Well, first we need to describe/define god. If we don't, there is nothing to debate. God, 1. is all powerful/all knowing. 2. Has rules he want us to know.(Even if those rules are just "repent and accept Jesus")
Well, it's clear we don't all know these rules. How can I show that? Some people believe the pilots who flew the planes into the WTC are being rewarded by god, some believe they are being tormented. They can't all be right. So, either god didn't have the ability to let the wrong ones know what the rules are, or he doesn't care to. In either case, he wouldn't be god.
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5824 Oct 23, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason why calculus in taught in school and not the buybull.
Correct: calculus is based on logic.

BuyBull(bible) is based on the exact opposite: bullshyt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 8 min susanblange 713
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min NoahLovesU 16,592
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 54 min Thinking 4,757
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 235,555
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... 13 hr Thinking 1
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response Thu QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web