Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 11908 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5774 Oct 20, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not the ones who believe in a God who sends people to hell for not believing.
We are not the ones who believe in a god who believes in slavery.
We are not the ones who believe in a murdering god.
But you are the ones that think you are the masters of biblical knowledge(if you were masters, you would understand proverbs even), yet you aren't. Since you aren't masters of biblical knowledge, you don't have a clue what God is like or should be like.

And, you are the ones whose ancestors not only believed in slavery but had slaves.
And you are the ones whose ancestors not only believed in murder but did it.
As a matter of a fact, people who share a common ancestor with you, today have slaves and commit murder.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5775 Oct 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, but that, what you just said is 100% proof that you don't know what you're talking about and you can't come to logical conclusions based on facts. All it proves if people have different interpretations is that it can be interpreted in many(or 40,000) ways.
And that? Proves to 100% that there are NO GODS whispering to these people what the truth is.

Thanks!

You are just helping out my case!
James wrote:
That would be the only fact to base any conclusion on. You're throwing in other opinions to come to a conclusion. Not very scientific.
You would not recognize "scientific" if it was sent to you First Class, wrapped in gold foil.

Sorry, but that's the facts, Jack: you simply do not do science.

At all.
James wrote:
I'm getting tired of teaching you everything.
You have yet to teach me anything useful-- apart from the fact you are scientifically illiterate.
James wrote:
Nobody should trust anything you say.
You say that, because I am destroying your religion.

Thank you!
James wrote:
You don't even know more than man, yet you claim to know what God should be like. Here's a hint. He shouldn't be like you. Neither should anyone. lol
I expect god to be BETTER THAN ME, you idiot.

But?

According to YOU?

GOD IS DUMBER THAN A DOG.

Seriously-- the god you worship would lose in a battle of wits to a dog.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5776 Oct 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are the ones that think you are the masters of biblical knowledge(if you were masters, you would understand proverbs even), yet you aren't. Since you aren't masters of biblical knowledge, you don't have a clue what God is like or should be like.
I know that god should be SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY to mere humans.

But?

The ugly bible pictures a god who is JEALOUS!(an evil emotion)

And HATEFUL!(all the commands to murder non-believers)

And MURDEROUS!(all the times bible-god killed people for trivial things)

And EASY TO ANGER (all the times bible-god shows his extreme temper tantrums)

I expect BETTER than THAT from a ... GOD.

Fail.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5777 Oct 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you are the ones whose ancestors not only believed in slavery but had slaves.
As a matter of a fact, people who share a common ancestor with you, today have slaves and commit murder.
"But you are the ones that think you are the masters of biblical knowledge(if you were masters, you would understand proverbs even), yet you aren't."

This is your initial premise of your reasoning.

Does it surprise you that your conclusions are criticized?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#5778 Oct 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me sir, but it was godbots like you who translated the buybull and it' horrible passages.It was godbot scholars who agreed that God killed a man for working on the Sabbath, turned a woman into a pillar of salt for looking backwards, and killed a man for refusing to marry his brother's widow.
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot or what? As the picture on my screen shows, I'm black. My ancestors were slaves who revolted against the French in Haiti. It your fellow Christians who opposed the abolishing of slavery.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#5779 Oct 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that god should be SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY to mere humans.
But?
The ugly bible pictures a god who is JEALOUS!(an evil emotion)
And HATEFUL!(all the commands to murder non-believers)
And MURDEROUS!(all the times bible-god killed people for trivial things)
And EASY TO ANGER (all the times bible-god shows his extreme temper tantrums)
I expect BETTER than THAT from a ... GOD.
Fail.
Notice the idiot thinks that I'm white and says that my ancestors owned slaves, though I'm black and my ancestors fought against slavery?
Notice his racist assertion that a whole race of people(the white race) should be held responsible for tings the did not commit?
Pretty Christian of him
How do I know.
Him wrongly assuming my race without evidence and with all evidence to the contrary=His assumption that a god exist, despite all evidence to the contrary.
His racist viewpoint that a whole race of people should be held accountable for slavery= 1-The Christian doctrine that we are all sinners, inheriting original sin from Adam and Eve. 2- The fact that God killed the children of Egypt for the crimes of Pharaoh.3-The fact that god banned bastards from heaven.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#5780 Oct 20, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"But you are the ones that think you are the masters of biblical knowledge(if you were masters, you would understand proverbs even), yet you aren't."
This is your initial premise of your reasoning.
Does it surprise you that your conclusions are criticized?
Notice the idiot thinks that I'm white and says that my ancestors owned slaves, though I'm black and my ancestors fought against slavery?
Notice his racist assertion that a whole race of people(the white race) should be held responsible for tings the did not commit?
Pretty Christian of him
How do I know.
Him wrongly assuming my race without evidence and with all evidence to the contrary=His assumption that a god exist, despite all evidence to the contrary.
His racist viewpoint that a whole race of people should be held accountable for slavery= 1-The Christian doctrine that we are all sinners, inheriting original sin from Adam and Eve. 2- The fact that God killed the children of Egypt for the crimes of Pharaoh.3-The fact that god banned bastards from heaven.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5781 Oct 21, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty Christian of him
How do I know.
He is disgusting, I agree.

I find that religion pretty much brings that out in folk--regardless of who they were before.

One of many reasons why I oppose religion on general principles: it allows ugly people to "justify" their hate--

-- and worse, lets them convince otherwise ordinary people to go along with it (or to turn a blind eye).

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#5782 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
He is disgusting, I agree.
I find that religion pretty much brings that out in folk--regardless of who they were before.
One of many reasons why I oppose religion on general principles: it allows ugly people to "justify" their hate--
-- and worse, lets them convince otherwise ordinary people to go along with it (or to turn a blind eye).
I find the Buddhist religion to be okay, though I disapprove of it on the same grounds that I disapprove of an religion-the fact that it assumes it knows what has not be proven. Buddhism, unlike the Abrahamic religions, does not have a god who kills innocent people.
If I ever chose to be religious again, I'd be Buddhist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5783 Oct 22, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the Buddhist religion to be okay, though I disapprove of it on the same grounds that I disapprove of an religion-the fact that it assumes it knows what has not be proven. Buddhism, unlike the Abrahamic religions, does not have a god who kills innocent people.
If I ever chose to be religious again, I'd be Buddhist.
I agree-- non-theistic/non-reincarnation Buddhism is a pretty good thing for many folk who need/want the rituals.

I just never felt the need for that sort of thing-- I'd rather just belong to a social club instead.:)

But I do respect that Buddhism teaches that violence isn't the answer for pretty much most things.

That's a lesson a lot of people could use more of.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5784 Oct 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's "just worthless talk," why are you here?
The way I see it, atheists (myself included) ridicule Christianity because so-called "Christians" insist that everyone worship it and get mad when we refuse to do so. Then these same "Christians" start throwing insults and making vague threats about the mythical "hell."
To me, it means they're pissed because we refuse to join their Misery Loves Company club. Too bad. I simply refuse to trade in the pleasures of secularist freedom for the miseries of religionist slavery. The religionists will just have to deal with it.
That's just the way your type sees it. It doesn't make it reality.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5785 Oct 22, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The buybull is no puzzle. It is just garbage. The only puzzle is why any one would regard it as better than garbage.
The same reason why someone would regard a calculus book as better than garbage. lol But some people don't.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5786 Oct 22, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me sir, but it was godbots like you who translated the buybull and it' horrible passages.It was godbot scholars who agreed that God killed a man for working on the Sabbath, turned a woman into a pillar of salt for looking backwards, and killed a man for refusing to marry his brother's widow.
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot or what? As the picture on my screen shows, I'm black. My ancestors were slaves who revolted against the French in Haiti. It your fellow Christians who opposed the abolishing of slavery.
Big deal. Atheists kill for less than that! I've heard them killing for a piece of candy.

No, I'm not your type.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5787 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
And that? Proves to 100% that there are NO GODS whispering to these people what the truth is.
Thanks!
You are just helping out my case!
<quoted text>
You would not recognize "scientific" if it was sent to you First Class, wrapped in gold foil.
Sorry, but that's the facts, Jack: you simply do not do science.
At all.
<quoted text>
You have yet to teach me anything useful-- apart from the fact you are scientifically illiterate.
<quoted text>
You say that, because I am destroying your religion.
Thank you!
<quoted text>
I expect god to be BETTER THAN ME, you idiot.
But?
According to YOU?
GOD IS DUMBER THAN A DOG.
Seriously-- the god you worship would lose in a battle of wits to a dog.
Yeah right. If you only knew what you were talking about.

I'm not here to teach you anything useful. You're just here to try to convert me. It's not me that can't stand someone else believing or doing different than I do. It's you and your type that are that weak minded that they need others to believe and do the same. lol.

I'm no idiot. Especially compared to you(since your type is so weak minded you need to compare what others are like to what you're like).
Nah, the real problem is that you're dumber than a dog, you idiot. Well, I take that back, you might be as smart as a dog, but that's about it. You're doing an awful lot of barking on here with your comrades.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5791 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just the way your type sees it. It doesn't make it reality.
Really?

Do you have proof for your god, yet?

No?

Interesting... apparently "reality" for you is based on?

....???

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5792 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason why someone would regard a calculus book as better than garbage. lol But some people don't.
Calculus is based on internally consistent logic.

Can you say the same about your bible?

No?

Interesting-- it **is** internally contradictory.

The two are nothing alike.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5793 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. Atheists kill for less than that! I've heard them killing for a piece of candy.
No, I'm not your type.
You "heard"?

Just like you "heard" your god "speaking" to you?

In short: made-up bullshyt.

It's what you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5794 Oct 22, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. If you only knew what you were talking about.
I do-- your god is dumber than a dog.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5795 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be an exceptionally hateful sick bastard.. Did your atheism make you that way? I bet it did.
**I** am not the one who has a fetish to see other folk **tortured**.

That would be YOU.

You actually worship a sadistic, torturing deity.

Who's sick here?

That would be ... you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5796 Oct 22, 2013
very well wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put. Bob is a sick and mentally disturbed person. We have his ugly cult of atheism to blame for that.
I wager he has killed Christians in his past.....probably dozens. His hatred can't stay bottled up.....the angry little hateful twit.
The only murderers in History are you christians-- well, and the islamics too, of course.

Spanish Inquisition anyone? That's just a drop in the bucket of your hate-filled murderous cult's doings.

I've killed no one-- but I would bet a new $100 that **you** fantasize about murdering ME.

Your hate-filled comments above is proof of that.

It's very Jesus of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 13 min Todd 368
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 27 min Subduction Zone 69,660
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr yehoshooah adam 3,768
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Elerby 258,465
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr John 30,033
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 15 hr John 575
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) Mon Eagle 12 12,668
More from around the web