Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 Full story: Free Republic 5,947

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Full Story
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5559 Apr 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah... Einstein figured religion out when he was a boy-- he figured that it was all bullshyt, and not worth the bother.
I'm sorry for your loss, though. Did it hurt, when the doctors disconnected your brains?
Wow, very convincing. Einstein didn't know jack shit about religion.
You wish the doctors would disconnect my brain. Then you might have an advantage over me. Or at least, then you could actually believe that you're better than me. Seeing as that's all you selfish brained people seek. lol

What's even more intriguing is how when you were a baby, your brain was probably quite normal. How did half of it quit working?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5560 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
In fact, the Chinese are modernizing so fast, that China will soon out-compete the USA in petroleum use, and automobile purchases.
Interesting times.
I sometimes think that the last three hundred years have been a bit of a blip for China.

Prior to that they were the most advanced nation on earth.

Now they may just be on their way back.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5561 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Please continue posting. Every one of your posts gives birth to another atheist......
Must be by artificial insemination.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#5562 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be by artificial insemination.
I imagine that is the only kind you'd qualify for..........
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5563 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine that is the only kind you'd qualify for..........
Yeah right. I'd rather not imagine those kinds of things, but that's what I expect in the imagination of an atheist. Their imaginations even have no rules, female, male, ah, who cares.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#5564 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. I'd rather not imagine those kinds of things, but that's what I expect in the imagination of an atheist. Their imaginations even have no rules, female, male, ah, who cares.
Really, you know what goes on in the minds of all atheists? And you know that Einstein knew nothing about religion? Yet you personally know everything? Interesting fantasy world.
James

Kalamazoo, MI

#5565 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you know what goes on in the minds of all atheists? And you know that Einstein knew nothing about religion? Yet you personally know everything? Interesting fantasy world.
Well, it does sound a lot like yours. And we both think ours are real. The only difference is our beliefs.

I understand that you guys want the fantasy world for yourself because in your fantasy world you're better than everyone else(kind of like republicans wanting all the money for themselves). But you shouldn't think like that, it's just not reality.
Lincoln

United States

#5566 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Please continue posting. Every one of your posts gives birth to another atheist......
Women: you can't get pregnant from anal sex.
-
Doctor.: Where do you think Republicans come from.?
Imhotep

United States

#5567 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The French and Swiss have some good railways.
So do the Chinese - they're modernising fast.
==========
To my shame, I've never been further west than the coast of County Clare. A situation I plan to remedy when I retire when I plan to take a good 18-24 months to go round the world. I've got quite a few friends in the states to see(some go back a long way).
They're in:
Manchester, Vermont; Birmingham, Michigan, Pasadena, California & San Francisco; Roselle Park, New Jersey; Sarasota, Florida, Canaan, New York, The Dalles, Oregon and some other places I can't recall.
Most of my travels have been in the Far East - particularly China and the Philippines.
Have also visited Australia.
We are traveling fools mate!
I get 8 paid weeks vacation. Plus national holidays

So about every 90 days we leave Florida for parts unknown

Our farthest east was Istanbul.(Business trip)

Egypt - Luxor, Valley of the Kings (wow!)

Norway Sweden Denmark (Really cool people)

Germany France Austria Switzerland Italy (The pantheon of the coliseum the Vatican
got to see where the pope sticks his head out the window Wearing his pointy hat.)

3 Seven day RCCL cruises out of Barcelona in the Mediterranean (Barcelona is beautiful)

High-speed rail everywhere, We are hooked on these mate

Here in the states six RCL cruises to the Eastern Southern Western Caribbean (The food the marijuana the ambience love the Caribbean and the West Indies)

Wish list
Machu Picchu in Peru
Angkor Wat
Taj Mahal
Forbidden city

Alas I think my time will wear out before I get the opportunity to go to the WishList
Imhotep

United States

#5568 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why Einstein stuck to light bulbs. He couldn't figure religion out.
You certainly are funny In your case Sparky, the wheel is spinning furiously but that poor hamsters been dead for years.

Here's something perhaps you might be able to understand with your limited ability

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5569 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it does.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5570 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to school anyone when you don't know anything yourself? lol. Selfish brains like yours are the ones that don't work. I can understand why you would assume that you're the smarter one, your brain needs that satisfaction. And obviously, it needs it constantly, like a baby needs milk. lol
I obviously schooled YOU.

You sit in extreme judgement of other folk you do not know.

In direct defiance of your bible's COMMANDMENT NOT TO.

Clearly, that was something you did not know.

I suspect there are LOTS of bible commandments you do not know...

... classic.

Few Genuine Christians™ know their bible either, so your problem is all too common...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5571 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, very convincing. Einstein didn't know jack shit about religion.
First, you use Einstein's quote to try to JUSTIFY your ugly hate-cult (genuine christianity™), next you say he was clueless about religion?

WTF?

Be consistent, you silly idiot!

WHICH IS IT?

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5572 Apr 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes think that the last three hundred years have been a bit of a blip for China.
Prior to that they were the most advanced nation on earth.
Now they may just be on their way back.
That is an excellent observation-- you may well be right.

One thing that Chinese culture has over Western ones, is the Chinese recognize the value of taking the long-long view.

A philosophy that is an anathema to Capitalism, unfortunately.

It's a lesson I wish the US could learn, though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5573 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas in >>YOUR<< imagination people are being tortured forever in a lava pit by your god....

Riiiight.... and you worry about atheists....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5574 Apr 20, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
What else?

He gets his rocks off, fantasizing about infinite lava-torture of people he personally hates.

It's what godbots do....

... and it explains their hate, too.

Nottingham, UK

#5575 Apr 20, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
We are traveling fools mate!
I get 8 paid weeks vacation. Plus national holidays
So about every 90 days we leave Florida for parts unknown
Our farthest east was Istanbul.(Business trip)
Egypt - Luxor, Valley of the Kings (wow!)
Norway Sweden Denmark (Really cool people)
Germany France Austria Switzerland Italy (The pantheon of the coliseum the Vatican
got to see where the pope sticks his head out the window Wearing his pointy hat.)
3 Seven day RCCL cruises out of Barcelona in the Mediterranean (Barcelona is beautiful)
High-speed rail everywhere, We are hooked on these mate
Here in the states six RCL cruises to the Eastern Southern Western Caribbean (The food the marijuana the ambience love the Caribbean and the West Indies)
Wish list
Machu Picchu in Peru
Angkor Wat
Taj Mahal
Forbidden city
Alas I think my time will wear out before I get the opportunity to go to the WishList
My wish list is close to yours although I have visited the Forbidden City.

Beijing is huge! The scale of the place is enormous!

I got lucky with the weather and had three smog-free days when I was there.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5576 Apr 20, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you 100% sure of this. If so, where is your proof?
To a selfish brain, you're right, lol.
James,
If the Bible were correct, then all people on Earth would be descendants of Noah. That means that the Native Americans (for example) would be the great great great great... grandsons of Noah just like the Jews, the Egyptians, the Chinese, the Africans, the Australians, the Germans, the Greeks, etc.

Yet each of these cultures has its own rich history dating back thousands of years, and those histories include individual religions.

Those religions are often RADICALLY different,_especially_ between groups that have no cultural contact.

The religious beliefs of the Greeks were RADICALLY different than those of the Australian Aborigines which were in turn RADICALLY different than those of the Aztecs.

So, here's my question:

Setting aside the problem of where the different races came from for a second.

If there is one Jewish God and he's responsible for the Flood, then after the Flood _everyone on Earth_ knew for a FACT that God was real. Noah knew. Noah's kids knew. Noah's grandkids would have known. Etc.

So where did these other religion come from?

How do you start from a single culture in which everyone is Jewish and directly related to one another and manage to get to thousands of different cultures with radically different ideas?

Keep in mind,_NONE_ of these other religions can be back by a real god. So, anyone starting a new religion has to convince people who are currently praying to the REAL God and getting their prayers ANSWERED to stop doing that and join this new religion in which NO prayers are ever answered.

If, when Columbus landed in 1492, the first Native American he came across walked up and said, "Greetings! I welcome you in the name of Jesus." Game over. Christianity wins.

But that didn't happen. In fact it has NEVER happened.

Why?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5577 Apr 21, 2013
tldr: you're lying about god James.

Nottingham, UK

#5578 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
That is an excellent observation-- you may well be right.
One thing that Chinese culture has over Western ones, is the Chinese recognize the value of taking the long-long view.
A philosophy that is an anathema to Capitalism, unfortunately.
It's a lesson I wish the US could learn, though.
You're right about the Chinese taking the long-long view.

If we in the west take a long look back at history in our part of the world we'll see a natural pattern of civilisations and empires rising and falling. By 2000 BC Egypt had eclipsed Sumeria. Fast forward 1000 years to see Egypt on the decline set against the rise of Babylon. Then came the Persians who were surpassed by the Greeks and then the Romans. Most civilisations were supplanted by another although some were totally destroyed and pretty much vanished from history.

Moving forward in time we saw the rise and fall of the Italian city states, the Spanish Empire, the Hapsburg Empire and then the British Empire. Now it's your turn in America but even now most Americans accept that their dominance won't last.

Our civilisations/empires are transitory and while revolution and civil war occur less frequently these days, they were a major contributing factor to making us the people we are.

Now take a look at China and you'll see an altogether different pattern:

The idea of younger, stronger civilisations succeeding older ones does not exist. In China it's the yin-yang thing where their civilisation passes through reversals of direction from disorder to order and back to disorder. It's a society where there has never been a revolution with the impact of the French/Russian or other revolutions. No Magna Carta establishing people's rights. Sure there have been plenty of dynastic changes but each dynasty would eventually become rotten and would be replaced by another.

Those changes always took place at the top and whatever happened, the power remained in the hands of one emperor and his officials, it's been an unending cycle of power changes. Ok, the Chinese have had revolutions but they have never really led to changes in the system. In China the course of their civilisation is like a line of descent with dynasties and rulers linked together like father and son. Just think of everything we get from our parents and how we are shaped and influenced by them. That is how Chinese civilisation is.

The checks and balances on our governments that we in the west now take for granted are unheard of in China. After over 5000 years of the same cycles of government it would take a truly momentous effort to overthrow the Chinese system. If it ever happens it will be an achievement that will easily dwarf any of our revolutionary victories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,272
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr polymath257 23,199
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Joe fortuna 232,895
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 7 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 13 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 13 hr thetruth 67
More from around the web