Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 Full story: Free Republic 5,929

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Full Story
Imhotep

United States

#5479 Apr 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen him-- he's hilarious!
~~\\\||///
~~(@@)
oOo--O--oOo--
COURAGEOUS SENATORS STAND UP TO AMERICAN PEOPLE

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the halls of the United States Senate, dozens of Senators congratulated themselves today for having what one of them called “the courage and grit to stand up to the overwhelming wishes of the American people.”

“We kept hearing, again and again, that ninety per cent of the American people wanted us to vote a certain way,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky).“Well, at the end of the day, we decided that we weren’t going to cave in to that kind of special-interest group.”

“It was a gut check, for sure, but we had to draw a line in the sand,” agreed Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S. Carolina).“If we had voted the way the American people wanted us to, it would have sent the message that we’re here in Washington to be nothing more than their elected representatives.”

Calling yesterday’s Senate action “a bipartisan effort,” Senator Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas) said,“This proves that on a matter that affects the safety of every man, woman, and child in the nation, we can reach across the aisle to defy the interests of all of them.”

Senator McConnell agreed that yesterday’s vote “sent a powerful message,” adding,“If the American people think that just because they voted us into office and pay our salaries, benefits, and pensions, we are somehow obliged to listen to them, they are sorely mistaken.”
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#5480 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
~~\\\||///
~~(@@)
oOo--O--oOo--
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the halls of the United States Senate, dozens of Senators congratulated themselves today for having what one of them called “the courage and grit to stand up to the overwhelming wishes of the American people.”
“We kept hearing, again and again, that ninety per cent of the American people wanted us to vote a certain way,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky).“Well, at the end of the day, we decided that we weren’t going to cave in to that kind of special-interest group.”
“It was a gut check, for sure, but we had to draw a line in the sand,” agreed Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S. Carolina).“If we had voted the way the American people wanted us to, it would have sent the message that we’re here in Washington to be nothing more than their elected representatives.”
Calling yesterday’s Senate action “a bipartisan effort,” Senator Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas) said,“This proves that on a matter that affects the safety of every man, woman, and child in the nation, we can reach across the aisle to defy the interests of all of them.”
Senator McConnell agreed that yesterday’s vote “sent a powerful message,” adding,“If the American people think that just because they voted us into office and pay our salaries, benefits, and pensions, we are somehow obliged to listen to them, they are sorely mistaken.”
Really??
All I can say is - if only the Westminster Parliament was any better"
http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck...

Maybe USAmericans and Brits need to apply to Australia or Canada to run our countries for us?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#5481 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
~~\\\||///
~~(@@)
oOo--O--oOo--
Oh, I see. US humor...
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives...
Teach me to fast-read Topix.
Lincoln

United States

#5482 Apr 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Really??
Maybe USAmericans and Brits need to apply to Australia or Canada to run our countries for us?
Canada is not doing that well economically as of late.
Do like Canadians and Australians

BTW President Obama sent No One to Maggie's funeral!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5483 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
~~\\\||///
~~(@@)
oOo--O--oOo--
Oh... my.

I know the above is supposed to be satire....

... but...

... oh...

... my ... it isn't, is it?

The above "satire" fits >>exactly<< what these Washington bought-and-paid-for people actually behave like...!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5484 Apr 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Really??
Something has to give, that's for sure.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5485 Apr 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I see. US humor...
It's supposed to be satire, true.

Alas, it's too close to the actual thing, to be as funny as it could have been...
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#5486 Apr 18, 2013
Where? I saw him in my nearest town, High Wycombe. This is where he was educated. Technically he's brilliant, but he's also a bit rapey.
<quoted text>
I have seen him-- he's hilarious!
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#5487 Apr 18, 2013
Jimmy Carr recently told this joke on UK's Channel 4:

"How do you make a gay f**k a woman?

Sh!t in her cu*t."
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy Carr
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
This might not be to your taste

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5488 Apr 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Where? I saw him in my nearest town, High Wycombe. This is where he was educated. Technically he's brilliant, but he's also a bit rapey.
<quoted text>
Only on YouTube-- I should have made that clear.

:)
Imhotep

United States

#5489 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh... my.
I know the above is supposed to be satire....
... but...
... oh...
... my ... it isn't, is it?
The above "satire" fits >>exactly<< what these Washington bought-and-paid-for people actually behave like...!
I knew you would notice that ;)

I left you a long winded, sorry, political rant on some other forum - I forget I've been into my bong too much tonight. Lol

But I'm certain you'll agree with what I said probably in answer with your thoughts as well
we both seem rather annoyed with our GUMMINT.

And with good reason
Imhotep

United States

#5490 Apr 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Jimmy Carr recently told this joke on UK's Channel 4:
"How do you make a gay f**k a woman?
Sh!t in her cu*t."
<quoted text>
Yes I really like Jimmy Carr

Of course my favorite will remain Monty Python
Who can forget:

Biggus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks?

The Bureau of arguments
The dead parrot

Always look on the Broadway side of life do do do do do do do do ;)

Alas I even miss Benny
Imhotep

United States

#5491 Apr 18, 2013
Whoops sorry about the Broadway Siri messes up every now and again
Imhotep

United States

#5492 Apr 18, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I see. US humor...
That article came from one of my favorite satirist's... Andy Borowitz here's his link enjoy ;)

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzr...
Lincoln

United States

#5493 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
That article came from one of my favorite satirist's... Andy Borowitz here's his link enjoy ;)
http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzr...
Excellent
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#5494 Apr 19, 2013
I can't say I ever liked Benny Hill...

How camp is Siri? "Broadway" is actually an unwittingly brilliant Siri "typo".
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I really like Jimmy Carr
Of course my favorite will remain Monty Python
Who can forget:
Biggus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks?
The Bureau of arguments
The dead parrot
Always look on the Broadway side of life do do do do do do do do ;)
Alas I even miss Benny
Lincoln

United States

#5495 Apr 19, 2013
American Democratic Party is the party of Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, Jews,all faiths , Gays, Black and Latinos all united in mutual respect.

Most people of faith and non faith are good friends, often inter marry and respect each other.

God Bless America and
City of Boston this morning
Imhotep

United States

#5496 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The Siri I was referring to is an iPhone app
Is you speak Siri translates your voice

Siri is a feature on an iPhone that permits typing

Instead of typing select icon will as a microphone touching this activates Siri you then speak press done and everything you said will be placed on the screen

I have not typed since I got the iPhone 4S

Very smart and useful device I love my iPhone
And is been jailbroken

;)
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#5497 Apr 19, 2013
I am fully aware of what Siri is, that's why I put quotes around "typo"! I'm still on iPhone 4, though.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The Siri I was referring to is an iPhone app
Is you speak Siri translates your voice
Siri is a feature on an iPhone that permits typing
Instead of typing select icon will as a microphone touching this activates Siri you then speak press done and everything you said will be placed on the screen
I have not typed since I got the iPhone 4S
Very smart and useful device I love my iPhone
And is been jailbroken
;)
Imhotep

United States

#5498 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. I got to hit my bong again

Sorry for the confusion Siri
My confusion that is!

Yes I agree the Broadway is unwittingly brilliant
I vainly and I do mean vainly attempted to say the word 'bright' is the dialect which would sound similar to... Brawt

Always look on the Brawt side of life...

Always look at the bride side of death do do do do do just before you draw your terminal breath

Monty Python I really miss these guys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min waaasssuuup 227,605
Our world came from nothing? 9 min NightSerf 474
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min Chiclets 22,251
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 64
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 78
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Patrick n Angela 4,105
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 4 hr yup 105
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE