Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments (Page 241)

Showing posts 4,801 - 4,820 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>You tell'em comrade! Now lets all join hands and worship karl marx as we sing 'the internationale'!
LMAO!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you in a gang? Why the skinheads?
Spoken like a true cult fuck. Watch videos of scientologists and they ask these kind of inane questions when they get cornered for following and promoting a made up criminal cult.

A bit like your own cult really. Why should we be surprised when it spawns dishonest animals like you creationist troll folk?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true cult fuck. Watch videos of scientologists and they ask these kind of inane questions when they get cornered for following and promoting a made up criminal cult.

A bit like your own cult really. Why should we be surprised when it spawns dishonest animals like you creationist troll folk?
You tell me which post that you created is honest? You spew your nonsense to everyone and you tend to lie. Have you noticed that you are the only one saying that stuff? So why do you want to use the Final Solution?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
One must use simple things for simple minds
Every now n then... my evil twin steps out & ventures into the dark world of sarcasm and then scan Internet for clever things to come up with
it's all part of my entertainment cycle in the morning ;)
And the prime entertainment are these religious loonies
MENLO PARK (The Borowitz Report)—Before a rapt audience at Facebook headquarters Thursday, Facebook C.E.O. Mark Zuckerberg unveiled new software that he promised “will totally change the way you are wasting your life.”
Explaining the development of Facebook’s new phone software, Home, Mr. Zuckerberg said,“Our research showed that Facebook users still had a few hours a day when they were leading somewhat healthy and productive lives. Our new software will change all of that.”
Mr. Zuckerberg said his developers had worked for months developing Home,“which seizes control of your phone and makes it good for little other than Facebook—much like many Facebook users themselves.”
By bombarding the user with status updates on a twenty-four-hour basis, he boasted,“Home transforms Facebook from just a social network into something akin to a neurological disorder.”
As the audience applauded that pronouncement, Mr. Zuckerberg added,“At Facebook, we want to be a million voices inside your head.”
When one member of the audience worried whether Home would give Facebook even more access to private information about one’s life, Mr. Zuckerberg reassured the questioner,“After using Home for several weeks, you will have no life.”
While clearly proud of his latest product, Mr. Zuckerberg gave notice that he did not intend to rest on his laurels:“At Facebook, we will never stop striving to replace real experience with something soulless and empty.”
Most amusing.:)

I think today is worth spamming this:(mostly audio)
" http://www.youtube.com/watch... ;

It'll blow the minds of fundies everywhere...:D

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Most amusing.:)

I think today is worth spamming this:(mostly audio)
" http://www.youtube.com/watch... ;

It'll blow the minds of fundies everywhere...:D
So would your most wanted poster.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So have atheist.
Then perhaps you can explain this:

What's the difference for killing under an atheist megalomaniac like Stalin, or killing for a divine megalomaniac like the bible god and pretending it's all good?

One could make the argument that killing for Stalin is a survival instinct at the individual level.

But killing in the name of god, even though god has a direct commandment not to do so, how do you think that's better?

Does disobeying god please god?

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Only indirectly. If he posted on Topix, I don't remember-- you may be correct.
But he has created 1000's of YouTube videos, mostly on the subject of atheism.
He's one of the forward-thinkers who dared question the atheist-dynasty of PZ Myers. Myers then turned on him and attempted to discredit TF. TF came out of that one on top, and Myers has not really recovered. No real loss there.
I didn't see that confrontation.

PZ back in the day kept me up on the Dover trial but I don't check his blog nearly as much when they switched hosts/providers(?).

Thunderf00t is outstanding with debunking creationist claims.

He takes stuff you learn in basic science classes (well, including a couple of early college courses that should be taught in high school) and applies them to his argument.

But in the last WDPLAC video, he pulls on the emotion and it hits home.

How do you justify killing a child in the name of god?

The theists have no problem answering that question. And think they are doing good.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see that confrontation.
PZ back in the day kept me up on the Dover trial but I don't check his blog nearly as much when they switched hosts/providers(?).
Thunderf00t is outstanding with debunking creationist claims.
He takes stuff you learn in basic science classes (well, including a couple of early college courses that should be taught in high school) and applies them to his argument.
But in the last WDPLAC video, he pulls on the emotion and it hits home.
How do you justify killing a child in the name of god?
The theists have no problem answering that question. And think they are doing good.
I used to be a daily-checker of PZ's blog. But after he acted the idiot over TF, I deleted my bookmark, and haven't been back since. It's PZ's loss, in my opinion.

But I still try to keep up with TF-- he lost a kid not long ago, and it was quite tragic. And I thought his response to that tragedy was ... heroic.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I used to be a daily-checker of PZ's blog. But after he acted the idiot over TF, I deleted my bookmark, and haven't been back since. It's PZ's loss, in my opinion.
But I still try to keep up with TF-- he lost a kid not long ago, and it was quite tragic. And I thought his response to that tragedy was ... heroic.
I didn't know that--I haven't been following him on YT. I have three daughters who are doing fine. If I need a boost, all I have to do is picture one of their faces. Losing one of them would crush me.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

<quoted text>
When PZ went to the new hosting, I didn't keep up as much. The occasional check in, I saw he had gotten into a stir about female scientists (he was defending) but really didn't delve into it.

Didn't hear about TF's loss. Sorry to hear that.

I didn't keep up with his youtube series over the last year or so. Got pulled back in when one of his videos was linked on another board where he was hammering a "pop culture analyst*" decrying how video games are anti-women.

*actual self description by the person. My first thought was, so... you watch Jerry Springer and Cheaters and pull up Justin Bieber (whatever that is) youtubes on the iPhone during the commercial breaks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>Then perhaps you can explain this:

What's the difference for killing under an atheist megalomaniac like Stalin, or killing for a divine megalomaniac like the bible god and pretending it's all good?

One could make the argument that killing for Stalin is a survival instinct at the individual level.

But killing in the name of god, even though god has a direct commandment not to do so, how do you think that's better?

Does disobeying god please god?
It's not better. People kill not God. People use all sorts of names to kill, but it's still people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me which post that you created is honest? You spew your nonsense to everyone and you tend to lie. Have you noticed that you are the only one saying that stuff? So why do you want to use the Final Solution?
Atheism = lack of belief in god. Has nothing to do with genocide.

Besides, it took your catholic hitler to invent the final solution, how can we forget?

You just embarass yourself day after day here wortheless unmarried creationist lardass who failed to get into a good university, now left mentally challenged by the cult that ditched him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not better. People kill not God. People use all sorts of names to kill, but it's still people.
God isn't real so so welcome to reality Captain Obvious

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible teaches its followers to hate and kill. Its written in black and white and not a single "moral believer" has the balls or morals to correct that judgemental filth.

And now you two faced religious pricks come round here telling us science is wrong, Go f*ck yourselves you lying sacks of creationist sh*t.

Come back when you have some actual evidence for your bullsh*t cult.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking the bong again? The real reason I'm on an atheists forum is for entertainment purposes. Again your so called explicit mind couldn't figure out what I asked. Lol! Oh but the so called "I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine" is taking place right now. Lol! You can't argue by yourself can you? You made no one look stupid, but I bet you are going to purchase a medal for yourself today feeling a victory.
There isn't any competition here
There are no winners or losers only

You make yourself look stupid with each post

maybe you should regress reconfigure reboot that minuscule brain, possible but doubtful

;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism = lack of belief in god. Has nothing to do with genocide.

Besides, it took your catholic hitler to invent the final solution, how can we forget?

You just embarass yourself day after day here wortheless unmarried creationist lardass who failed to get into a good university, now left mentally challenged by the cult that ditched him.
But you and your skinheads wish death upon theists. You applaud the final solution. Oh, he turned on Catholicism too. If you read, he has priests arrested.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Your bible teaches its followers to hate and kill. Its written in black and white and not a single "moral believer" has the balls or morals to correct that judgemental filth.

And now you two faced religious pricks come round here telling us science is wrong, Go f*ck yourselves you lying sacks of creationist sh*t.

Come back when you have some actual evidence for your bullsh*t cult.
Smoking the bong again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't any competition here
There are no winners or losers only

You make yourself look stupid with each post

maybe you should regress reconfigure reboot that minuscule brain, possible but doubtful

;)
Educational barrier again. That's your best argument, really?
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Educational barrier again. That's your best argument, really?
I believe I've said this to you before but in case you forgot I'll repeat it

I don't argue with idiots they try to lure me to their level and then of course beat me with experience

You fall into this category, do ya feel special? ;)

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I've said this to you before but in case you forgot I'll repeat it

I don't argue with idiots they try to lure me to their level and then of course beat me with experience

You fall into this category, do ya feel special? ;)

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”
Sorry, but you have no clue about anyone to make an accurate level remark. You speak out of your arse but I guess that's expected from you. Please, don't speak to me, it won't hurt my feelings. I promise, you are considered entertainment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,801 - 4,820 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Aura Mytha 223,962
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 6 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 7 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••