Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

There are 9739 comments on the Free Republic story from May 5, 2011, titled Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#5276 Mar 29, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity
Frustration at not making any impact on America
If you don't want to be ridiculed then stop acting stupid and grow up.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5277 Apr 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
A day spent cleaning out litter boxes has more appeal than Twilight, or so I've heard.
I've never seen any, myself, so I cannot say.
But the trailers certainly do make me want to change the station...
:)
I must admit, all I know about the Twilight saga is what I've seen from the trailers. With such limited exposure and assumptions, I'd rather rent 'West Side Story' if I'm in the mood for singing and dancing. If not, see the Romeo and Juliet play.

From a mythical perspective of werewolves and vampires, they'd only be fighting over hunting grounds of humans. Border skirmishes nowadays.

Now here's a real horror story:

&li st=PLAC3481305829426D

For the first 8 minutes and 30 seconds, he uses science to debunk the story of the stopping the day for Joshua. It gets really brutal after that.

I'm at a loss here. I have no idea how to kill a child in the name of Christian morality. But apparently, the mouthpieces of Christianity have no problem with it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5278 Apr 6, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit, all I know about the Twilight saga is what I've seen from the trailers. With such limited exposure and assumptions, I'd rather rent 'West Side Story' if I'm in the mood for singing and dancing. If not, see the Romeo and Juliet play.
From a mythical perspective of werewolves and vampires, they'd only be fighting over hunting grounds of humans. Border skirmishes nowadays.
Now here's a real horror story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xe-hGFMBpbIXX&list=PLAC34 81305829426D
For the first 8 minutes and 30 seconds, he uses science to debunk the story of the stopping the day for Joshua. It gets really brutal after that.
I'm at a loss here. I have no idea how to kill a child in the name of Christian morality. But apparently, the mouthpieces of Christianity have no problem with it.
Thunderf00t is a hoot-- and is very, very good at debates. I've seen quite a number of his videos.

As for your last thought?

That is quite evident: Genuine Christians™ have literally sacrificed their very children on the metaphorical altar of their ugly beliefs.

For example, I know of several cases of kids dying, because their True Believer™ parents prayed instead of taking their sick kids to hospital.

That is literally killing their kids for Jesus....

... another example, is kids who cannot cope with the real world, because they were taught creationism, instead of reality.

These kids lives are ruined, because of their parents' beliefs.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5279 Apr 6, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>That's why christians have killed for centuries.
So have atheist.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5280 Apr 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
God has never existed, so that tells you how much impact talking to thin air has had around the whole world, since the beginning of recorded time itself.

When theists stop being cowards and attempt to honestly prove their gods, instead of lying about it, they'd automatically gain respect and probably become atheists.

Mainly because if they are honest people, they'll look back at their beliefs and think:

"What a selfish ignorant worthless brainwashed, theist piece of sh*t I was, behaving horribly toward simple people who merely lacked a belief in god. For that simple belief I called them hitler, stalin & mao! I must be ashmed of myself for being such a pig ignorant theist pr*ck. I even followed a book that told me what to think of these people I'd never had the courage to meet myself."

Location hidden

#5281 Apr 6, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So have atheist.
Atheism is a lack of belief in god. It's definition will never include murder.

I'm sorry theists, we don't think like you and follow the blind hate written in your ridiculous rags.

Location hidden

#5282 Apr 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is a lack of belief in god. It's definition will never include murder.

I'm sorry theists, we don't think like you and follow the blind hate written in your ridiculous rags.
I guess you're blind but atheists have murdered. Stomach it, get mad, cry, I don't care!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#5283 Apr 7, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So have atheist.
Your uneducation barrier is showing.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#5284 Apr 7, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're blind but atheists have murdered. Stomach it, get mad, cry, I don't care!
Maybe be so, but we are amatures compared to you lot.
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#5285 Apr 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Teaching intelligent design in public school biology classes violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States (and Article I, Section 3 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution) because intelligent design is not science and "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents."

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._...

I believe you need to attend the library crack open the book and learn something.

Location hidden

#5286 Apr 7, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Your uneducation barrier is showing.
Not understanding again.

Location hidden

#5287 Apr 7, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe be so, but we are amatures compared to you lot.
Not really.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#5288 Apr 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thunderf00t is a hoot-- and is very, very good at debates. I've seen quite a number of his videos.
As for your last thought?
That is quite evident: Genuine Christians™ have literally sacrificed their very children on the metaphorical altar of their ugly beliefs.
For example, I know of several cases of kids dying, because their True Believer™ parents prayed instead of taking their sick kids to hospital.
That is literally killing their kids for Jesus....
... another example, is kids who cannot cope with the real world, because they were taught creationism, instead of reality.
These kids lives are ruined, because of their parents' beliefs.
Didn't he used to post here in ages past? Are you in touch with him at all?
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#5289 Apr 7, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not understanding again.
Why are you afraid of libraries?
Might they shatter your illusions?

Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. This new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, but it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.

No philosophy, moral outlook, or religion can be inconsistent with the findings of science and hope to endure among educated people.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#5290 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
No philosophy, moral outlook, or religion can be inconsistent with the findings of science and hope to endure among educated people.
Typed out like a true plutocrat marxist....Wow!..How elite are you?
'the findings of science' as in 'global warming'?
'the findings of science' as in 'political science'?
P!ss off bob, youve worn this sock too many times.
Dolt
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#5291 Apr 7, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Typed out like a true plutocrat marxist....Wow!..How elite are you?
'the findings of science' as in 'global warming'?
'the findings of science' as in 'political science'?
P!ss off bob, youve worn this sock too many times.
Dolt
Ya bleeding wubby clacker!
furphy all the way

You've been spending too much time in the pouch.

Location hidden

#5293 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you afraid of libraries?
Might they shatter your illusions?

Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. This new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, but it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.

Educational Barrier at its finest.

Location hidden

#5294 Apr 7, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism = lack of belief in god

Murder = someone killing someone else.

I know you failed at Notre Dame, but here are the basic definitions.

Considering that you believe that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs, I don't know how much help this will be.

Location hidden

#5295 Apr 7, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Educational Barrier at its finest.
Should have gone to a better uni then you dumb f*ck.

Try proving your god, there's a little ignorant creationist...

Location hidden

#5296 Apr 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism = lack of belief in god

Murder = someone killing someone else.

I know you failed at Notre Dame, but here are the basic definitions.

Considering that you believe that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs, I don't know how much help this will be.
Yep, I can see the psychic classes you took at Burger King has really helped you figuring out how and when people failed.

Skeptic = Hitler

Hitler = Murder

Skeptic = Murder

Now it's correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min scientia potentia... 13,363
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min scientia potentia... 31,410
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 4 hr Xstain Mullah Fri... 4
Majority of Scots now have no religion 8 hr par five 10
News Speaking for God 19 hr Vaginal wall failure 594
News Why I quit atheism Sun Aerobatty 1
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sun ChristineM 19,907
More from around the web