Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments
4,641 - 4,660 of 5,918 Comments Last updated May 8, 2014

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#5214 Mar 24, 2013
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5215 Mar 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite amusing.
It's as if a defense attorney tries to have thrown out, his client's confession on Day 1, but then tries to use that exact same confession on Day 3 as part of the defense....
The basic idea/premise of science is either accepted as the most likely, or not.
If accepted-- then it's conclusions must also be accepted as most likely.
Even of said conclusions go against your favorite fantasy-delusions.
Time after time, I have read the musings of scientists, who have admitted that the direction their researches have lead, were not a direction they though reasonable in the beginning...
... yet, the data points firmly in that direction, leading to the inescapable conclusion that their initial notions were ... wrong.
Being surprised by scientific study of the facts is one of the consequences of following the facts.
:)
And here's the kicker...

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Even if the theists prevail, the discoveries of science will still apply.

Although, in all fairness not so long ago, I suspected a divine intervention when my Windows machine did boot up.

Nehwon

#5216 Mar 24, 2013
Jimmy said"

"Atheist are always talking about _od because idiot theists are constantly shoving _od in our faces."
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you watch TV?
Mr. Leno continues to lead the late-night ratings race, ahead of both Mr. Letterman and Mr. Kimmel, respectively, according to Nielsen figures provided by NBC.
US – Jay Leno may not be the most popular TV personality, but a recent generous gesture might see his number of supporters increasing.
The late night talk show host has reportedly offered to take a pay cut in order to ensure the job security of his staffers.
NBC, broadcaster of Leno’s show, The Tonight Show, have already laid off about 20 employees, and have plans to continue culling jobs.
Seems a good guy
That's one hell of a non-sequitur...

Nehwon

#5217 Mar 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Makes perfect sense.
A better storyline than the Twilight movies...

Since: Oct 12

High Point, NC

#5218 Mar 25, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>And here's the kicker...

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Even if the theists prevail, the discoveries of science will still apply.

Although, in all fairness not so long ago, I suspected a divine intervention when my Windows machine did boot up.
So basically, what you mean by this is that it's impossible for anyone of faith to believe that science is true?
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#5219 Mar 26, 2013
No.
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically, what you mean by this is that it's impossible for anyone of faith to believe that science is true?

United States

#5220 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Oh ok, that's just what it sounded like. What do you mean by "If theists prevail?"

“New Kind'a Christian”

Since: Mar 13

New Orleans

#5221 Mar 26, 2013
Atheists criticize Christians because they want to be acknowledged by the true body of Christ, but they can't stand to be part of it.

http://veridican.org
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#5222 Mar 26, 2013
I didn't write the post you responded to. My "no" was in response to your question. Yes you can believe in god and science.

This priest is good example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...
JordanUTT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok, that's just what it sounded like. What do you mean by "If theists prevail?"
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#5223 Mar 26, 2013
Straw man.

Atheists don't believe there is a "true body of christ".
Brother Edward wrote:
Atheists criticize Christians because they want to be acknowledged by the true body of Christ, but they can't stand to be part of it.

“New Kind'a Christian”

Since: Mar 13

New Orleans

#5224 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
<quoted text>
Atheists that hang around forums and want to debate with Christians do.

krs

Delhi, India

#5225 Mar 26, 2013
religion is an opium of masses
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#5226 Mar 26, 2013
Straw man.

I don't.
Brother Edward wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists that hang around forums and want to debate with Christians do.

Charlotte, NC

#5227 Mar 26, 2013
Brother Edward wrote:

I'll have to disagree with that. I don't feel thats why atheists feel the way they do.

Charlotte, NC

#5228 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't write the post you responded to. My "no" was in response to your question. Yes you can believe in god and science.

This priest is good example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...
Oh I'm sorry, I just asked the question without noticing the username.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5229 Mar 26, 2013
Brother Edward wrote:
Ha ha ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, HA, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, Oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, my ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, oh ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho. OK, what were you saying?

Oh no, ho ho [snort] ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, oh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho [pisses self].

Ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I can't finish, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh my oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, your post is just too ridiculous.

SORRY, but ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, please stop!

Oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, HA, HA, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, my ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, oh-ho, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, oh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5230 Mar 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion and Intelligent Design have a place in an American History class.
Open discussion of Ideas.
Teacher should remain neutral
Only in a theology class.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5231 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
<quoted text>
how do theists become this openly stupid? It is a mystery. Sometimes I wish I had the shamelessness that theists have, its must be chanelled from a deeper source of ignorance.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5232 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Only in a theology class.
Theology has no place in the Public School System. It would represent the open wound through which the virii of religion would invade the body politic.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5233 Mar 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
how do theists become this openly stupid? It is a mystery. Sometimes I wish I had the shamelessness that theists have, its must be chanelled from a deeper source of ignorance.
No doubt. After all, ignorance is the only path to their eternal salvation. Why risk your eternal soul absorbing a few facts?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 226,338
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 30 min Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 6 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 10 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••