Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

mercifulvemerciful wrote:
Hate muslim watch this
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Nothing more to say :
You seem to assume the robber has 'learned his lesson'. The robber got away with $40.

Typical Muslim, all he had to do was call the police and hand the criminal to the authorities but he thinks he knows better than the rest of society and doesn't feel part of it.

Islam isn't an alternative to secular society. It is either part of it or fails to play its part.

Of course there is much wrong with the justice system, but simply rejecting it won't solve its problems.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Read this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/1874471.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Mecca_girls...

islam kills.
Hate muslim watch this
Nothing more to say :

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

While I don't agree with their faith or their religious myth, I think it quite preposterous to hate on one group of people for something only that the radicals of their faith have done.

The anti-Muslim prejudice sickens me. Come on, people.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Hate muslim watch this
Nothing more to say :
Love islam? Watch this http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/05/20/shar...

There's your islamic compassion in action.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Here's more detail on islamic love for their fellow humans

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/11/20/graph...

To call this medieval would be an insult to the middle ages.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Lelouch0 wrote:
While I don't agree with their faith or their religious myth, I think it quite preposterous to hate on one group of people for something only that the radicals of their faith have done.
The anti-Muslim prejudice sickens me. Come on, people.
What hate of Mulsims do you think you see?

The criticisms seem reasonable and moderately expressed.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

The responses to the original post were from posters that certainly criticise other religions such as christianity too.

I don't think Lelouch's comment showed anything but a drive by nature.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>What hate of Mulsims do you think you see?
The criticisms seem reasonable and moderately expressed.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

It just dawned on me: the difference between the outcome the robber got and the outcome the women who get stoned to death for trivial matters is their gender. Islam values male lives, but regards the lives of women as valueless. So, in the twisted minds of muslims, the male robber is worth showing mercy and sparing his life, but the women accused of lesser offenses are of no worth, and can be thrown away or sacrificed to protect fragile male egos.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

The camera seems to pan. Static cameras don't do that. It has also been edited between cameras from at least three locations all covering the same area of the store. This doesn't ring true to me. I think the video may be staged.

Either way, the issue is 'did the shop owner do the right thing'? Whether he's Muslim or not is immaterial.

Another point is that this could be regarded as a vigilante action. More commonly, vigilanteism involves people acting violently against the criminal instead of leaving law & order and justice to the authorities. In this case, the shop owner has still acted without due process and for all he knows the only thing the criminal has learned is don't bring a baseball bat to a gunfight.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Stuff like that just doesn't happen in my village. Mind you, people keep their religion - if any - to themselves too. The two statements are related.
EdSed wrote:
The camera seems to pan. Static cameras don't do that. It has also been edited between cameras from at least three locations all covering the same area of the store. This doesn't ring true to me. I think the video may be staged.
Either way, the issue is 'did the shop owner do the right thing'? Whether he's Muslim or not is immaterial.
Another point is that this could be regarded as a vigilante action. More commonly, vigilanteism involves people acting violently against the criminal instead of leaving law & order and justice to the authorities. In this case, the shop owner has still acted without due process and for all he knows the only thing the criminal has learned is don't bring a baseball bat to a gunfight.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

EdSed wrote:
Possibly, but in the USA, where crime is more of a problem, mom and pop stores often have surveillance camera setups more like what you would expect in a bank. Many are multiple camera setups, often with one camera pointed directly at the cash register to deter clerks from helping themselves when the owner's not around. cameras that pan are common, often mounted in domes with the blackout type glass so you can never be sure if the camera is pointed in your direction or not.

Some systems record every channel separately and continuously, others jump from one camera to the next at fixed intervals.

This was shown on TV on "caught on camera" type shows. I think that professionals edit the raw video provided by shop owners to make for better TV. The incidents are real, not staged, but the professional editing selects the best shots and cuts between cameras to make the story more compelling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min CunningLinguist 226,159
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 25 min religionislies 25
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 29 min religionislies 8
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 38 min DonPanic 21,491
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr USN Atheist 32
100% Faith Free 5 hr religionislies 7
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr NightSerf 395
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••