Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13064 Dec 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Again, you surprise me, LCNin.
I agree 100% with your post above.
Peace to you and your family as well.
Hi Bob, how friendly of you... did I consciously observe you branching into another universe?

Happy New Year

- and belated Christmas as well....(or saving it for next year)

Send my regards to Sir Skeptic as well...
Jim

London, UK

#13065 Dec 31, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bob, how friendly of you... did I consciously observe you branching into another universe?
Happy New Year
- and belated Christmas as well....(or saving it for next year)
Send my regards to Sir Skeptic as well...
Can't brish over Creationism losing more followers thanks to your stupid efforts this xmas. Only yourselves to blame for trying tp propagandise and FAIL>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#13066 Dec 31, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bob, how friendly of you... did I consciously observe you branching into another universe?
Happy New Year
- and belated Christmas as well....(or saving it for next year)
Send my regards to Sir Skeptic as well...
I have always been nice to people who did not treat me evil first.
LCNin

United States

#13067 Dec 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always been nice to people who did not treat me evil first.
This philosophy seems sound and may provide rewards!

Happy New Year
LCNin

United States

#13069 Jan 1, 2014
Separation of Church and State in the USA may prevent some of the hatred toward those with faith illustrated in the UK?
Does the established church in England lead to bitterness in atheists there?
just saying ....
Peace
Jim

London, UK

#13070 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
Separation of Church and State in the USA may prevent some of the hatred toward those with faith illustrated in the UK?
Does the established church in England lead to bitterness in atheists there?
just saying ....
Peace
Creationism tried to rebrand to Intelligent Design..and Failed because its Name wasn't its problem. Just saying'
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13071 Jan 5, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism tried to rebrand to Intelligent Design..and Failed because its Name wasn't its problem. Just saying'
..Intelligent Design ....IS FACT ...

You ' free thinkers ' are pulling the wool over your own eyes .

You claim an eternal God is ludicrous , and in the same breath that sub-atomic matter has 'always' existed ...you guys are seriously avoiding reason and logic ..because your black hearts are unwilling to deny your sinful lifestyles .

A) the speed, at which the most complicated of organism evolved ...the single celled organism .
B) existing inside the ' goldilocks zone' while fortuitous not so uncommon ; what is unique , our Moon keeping Earths equatorial shift at a even keel ....supposedly created by a massive collision ....and , if you know anything about interstellar distances ...the odds are truly astronomical ..
C) the ' intelligence explosion ' mankind is a relatively new creature ...yet, the ' only' one with reason and intellect ..how odd.
D) the beauty of creation ; ...the stars , the mountain vistas , the reds sand of desert landscapes , majestic water falls ...the beauty found in caves ...Earth is awe inspiring ,a reflection of its creator ..

tis the Christmas season ...God came as a child to offer us salvation .

reject Satan and his lies ....
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13072 Jan 5, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to believe in god, yet cannot present any evidence. Who's the intellectually dishonesy one again?
..A robot must obey ....a man does not ..

God goes to great lengths to insure our freedom ...you may serve Him or you may serve Satan ..pick your own master ...
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13073 Jan 5, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the woman has been raped and does not want the baby or by giving birth, she is putting her life in danger, what happens then?
..A woman raped ; and just exactly what are you charging the infant with ...that , you feel so compelled to put it to death ...?

Her life or her child's .......whoa...!....That has to be between the parent and her child ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13074 Jan 5, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Every culture has has murder and disease - doesn't make what every culture has great.
<quoted text>
People have a conscience. Religious liars don't and will lie hard trying to keep their fantasy going. Religious liars will even lie about Atheism to protect their fragile egocentric belief-world they have created for themselves.
<quoted text>
Religious people are good at changing the subject away from no evidence of god. They talk about love, beauty and other evolved human concepts that have nothing to do with evidence of god.
<quoted text>
God's not real. Atheists are hostile because believers are judgemental liars, whose religious lies about god are based on no evidence at all.
If religious people really believed in god, they would punish themselves for lying about it.
<quoted text>
Atheism is a simple disbelief in tired old religious liars and the lies they tell over and over again..
Religious people find disbelief offensive and can't turn off their mental illness. So sad.
...Actually it is the atheists who are hostile ; case in point nativity creche scenes ...happens every Christmas ....and, the atheists start barking ..." WE WANT TO PUT UP OUR ' OWN ' SYMBOL ...!!!" ......fine.....but, why do you want to display 'your' symbols 'only' when Christians are celebrating theirs .....aren't there other months ..???...other days ....??

Nobody gives a fuck when you put up your stupid 'atom'.....except....for the fact , that you guys only wish to put it up next to the nativity ....ergo...you are the ones consumed with hostility, not us ...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13075 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Intelligent Design ....IS FACT ...
You ' free thinkers ' are pulling the wool over your own eyes .
You claim an eternal God is ludicrous , and in the same breath that sub-atomic matter has 'always' existed ...you guys are seriously avoiding reason and logic ..because your black hearts are unwilling to deny your sinful lifestyles .
A) the speed, at which the most complicated of organism evolved ...the single celled organism .
B) existing inside the ' goldilocks zone' while fortuitous not so uncommon ; what is unique , our Moon keeping Earths equatorial shift at a even keel ....supposedly created by a massive collision ....and , if you know anything about interstellar distances ...the odds are truly astronomical ..
C) the ' intelligence explosion ' mankind is a relatively new creature ...yet, the ' only' one with reason and intellect ..how odd.
D) the beauty of creation ; ...the stars , the mountain vistas , the reds sand of desert landscapes , majestic water falls ...the beauty found in caves ...Earth is awe inspiring ,a reflection of its creator ..
tis the Christmas season ...God came as a child to offer us salvation .
reject Satan and his lies ....
Creationism (IDiot) is a lie and satan does not exist same for jesus and god

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13076 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..A woman raped ; and just exactly what are you charging the infant with ...that , you feel so compelled to put it to death ...?
Her life or her child's .......whoa...!....That has to be between the parent and her child ..
Rapists don't get to demand that the rape victim bare their child
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13077 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Intelligent Design ....IS FACT ...
....
It's fortunate for the USA that most US religionists are more rational - well a little bit more.

http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/200...

http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/big...

The situation may even have deteriorated from 2006.

In the USA every discussion seems to be a fight and vice versa. Perhaps USAmericans should care more for what is true and the balance of arguments than for "winning" the argument.

From:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/...
Despite the fact that most scientists agree that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, the universe is 13.7 billion years old and that humans have evolved over time, not everyone agrees. According to the Pew poll, 60% of Americans believe humans have evolved over time, compared to 33% who said they have not – a number that has remained constant since 2009.
Unquote.

One must beware of polls though, including Pew, but if this is to be believed the level of superstition in the USA may explain the remarkable persistence of religion there....
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/...
"Nearly one-in-five U.S. adults (18%) say they’ve seen or been in the presence of a ghost, according to a 2009 Pew Research Center survey. An even greater share – 29%– say they have felt in touch with someone who has already died."
Unquote.

Never mind 'God bless America', god help them sounds more like it.

Religion = superstition

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13078 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..A robot must obey ....a man does not ..
God goes to great lengths to insure our freedom ...you may serve Him or you may serve Satan ..pick your own master ...
Atheists don't need one of your masters we are free from shit like that
Mahmood

Keswick, Canada

#13079 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..A woman raped ; and just exactly what are you charging the infant with ...that , you feel so compelled to put it to death ...?
Her life or her child's .......whoa...!....That has to be between the parent and her child ..
That is right, a woman raped by some unknown assailant should have the right to abort. She has to lookout for herself first before worrying about a few cells.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13080 Jan 5, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't need one of your masters we are free from shit like that
....We 'all' have our masters ....I suspect yours is ' money '...
Mahmood

Keswick, Canada

#13081 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Intelligent Design ....IS FACT ...
You ' free thinkers ' are pulling the wool over your own eyes .
You claim an eternal God is ludicrous , and in the same breath that sub-atomic matter has 'always' existed ...you guys are seriously avoiding reason and logic ..because your black hearts are unwilling to deny your sinful lifestyles .
A) the speed, at which the most complicated of organism evolved ...the single celled organism .
B) existing inside the ' goldilocks zone' while fortuitous not so uncommon ; what is unique , our Moon keeping Earths equatorial shift at a even keel ....supposedly created by a massive collision ....and , if you know anything about interstellar distances ...the odds are truly astronomical ..
C) the ' intelligence explosion ' mankind is a relatively new creature ...yet, the ' only' one with reason and intellect ..how odd.
D) the beauty of creation ; ...the stars , the mountain vistas , the reds sand of desert landscapes , majestic water falls ...the beauty found in caves ...Earth is awe inspiring ,a reflection of its creator ..
tis the Christmas season ...God came as a child to offer us salvation .
reject Satan and his lies ....
Intelligent design will become a fact when the Evolution is proven wrong. I sugggest you visit the Natural History Museum in London, England where a whole floor is devoted to Charles Darwin. What is bulls&it is your Adam & Eve theory found in all those unholy scriptures.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13082 Jan 5, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>It's fortunate for the USA that most US religionists are more rational - well a little bit more.
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/200...
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/big...
The situation may even have deteriorated from 2006.
In the USA every discussion seems to be a fight and vice versa. Perhaps USAmericans should care more for what is true and the balance of arguments than for "winning" the argument.
From:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/...
Despite the fact that most scientists agree that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, the universe is 13.7 billion years old and that humans have evolved over time, not everyone agrees. According to the Pew poll, 60% of Americans believe humans have evolved over time, compared to 33% who said they have not – a number that has remained constant since 2009.
Unquote.
One must beware of polls though, including Pew, but if this is to be believed the level of superstition in the USA may explain the remarkable persistence of religion there....
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/...
"Nearly one-in-five U.S. adults (18%) say they’ve seen or been in the presence of a ghost, according to a 2009 Pew Research Center survey. An even greater share – 29%– say they have felt in touch with someone who has already died."
Unquote.
Never mind 'God bless America', god help them sounds more like it.
Religion = superstition
..I'm not so concerned with the age of the cosmos ...It's anthropology that puts my knickers into a knot ....

it's 2014 , and yet no definitive answers have been made , in regards to the rise of man ..

and , new theories arise with every fossil unearthed ...
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#13083 Jan 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Actually it is the atheists who are hostile ; case in point nativity creche scenes ...happens every Christmas ....and, the atheists start barking ..." WE WANT TO PUT UP OUR ' OWN ' SYMBOL ...!!!".
Epic fail mate. Strawman everywhere. The argument is not about whether there should be nativity scenes. The argument is that we live in a secular society where the government is constitutionally restricted from favoring one religion over another (or none). No one squawks about nativity scenes on private property. The issue is when our tax dollars (e.g., public space) are given only to christians. Two, christmas isn't just about cheezewiz. It is a hijacked pagan solstice celebration...... hijacked by the Romans as christian influence increased. There are many ways to celebrate what you think of a christian holiday.
number four wrote:
<......fine.....but, why do you want to display 'your' symbols 'only' when Christians are celebrating theirs .....aren't there other months ..???...other days ....??
We don't restrict it to the christmas season; however that is the best way to get attention. Why do 'christians' mostly go to church only at easter and christmas?
number four wrote:
<.....Nobody gives a fuck when you put up your stupid 'atom'.....except....for the fact , that you guys only wish to put it up next to the nativity ....ergo...you are the ones consumed with hostility, not us ...
The hostility is the majority religion thinking that it has rights in a secular society that it does not have.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#13084 Jan 5, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism (IDiot) is a lie and satan does not exist same for jesus and god
..aren't you the same mumintroll , who suggested homosexuals created the universe ..?!?

If its a ' lie '...it is a lie , that only profits Satan ....( if he exists ).

Look , "Mikko" I don't think you fully understood , how incredibly lucky we are , that we exist at all ....and , on a planet chock-full of natural gas and oil ...

If I didn't believe in God , I would absolutely believe in ancient astronauts ...too, many coincidences ( fall in our favor ) for anyone to believe life on Earth arose naturally ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Subduction Zone 85,706
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 6 hr dollarsbill 5,079
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 115
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web