Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story
LCNlin

United States

#13032 Dec 26, 2013
Albert Einstein Quotes on Spirituality

1. I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

2. Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.

3. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

4. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.

5. Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

6. The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#13033 Dec 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
1. I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.
3. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
4. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.
5. Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.
6. The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#13034 Dec 26, 2013
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

-- Albert Einstein
LCNlin

United States

#13035 Dec 26, 2013
Albert Einstein called himself an agnostic, while disassociating himself from the label atheist, preferring, he said, "an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist.

Since: May 12

Salt Lake City, UT

#13036 Dec 26, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people hate women and want to control their right to have a baby or not.
...Not at all....I support a woman's right ........to be born..

Salt Lake City, UT

#13037 Dec 26, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists agree, why do you deny evolution so foolishly?
I have quickly learned ;Anthropology changes with every new fossil discovered .....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Salt Lake City, UT

#13038 Dec 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you don't buy?
You are the same moron who thinks "gawddidit" is an actual... "answer".
It's not.
Gawddidit creates more questions, and answers none.
<quoted text>
Sub-atomic particles are not alive you idiotic moron.
<quoted text>
Not if you know what the rules are.
Clearly, you are 100% ignorant on the subject.
<quoted text>
And yet? They were ... wrong.
How amusing that you'd pick that particular bit of idiocy.
You **are** a complete moron.
Good night, moron.
If the question is the "ultimate" beginning of the universe , nothing else can suffice ...but..goddidit...

sub-atomic particles also had a beginning ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#13039 Dec 27, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If the question is the "ultimate" beginning of the universe , nothing else can suffice ...but..goddidit...
sub-atomic particles also had a beginning ...
fairiesdidit
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13040 Dec 27, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
Watch as Creationist troll LCN tries to revise Einstein's beliefs according to Creationism.

Of course this is what Einstein thought of Christianity, pay attention to the year:

"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws" (1954).[64]

Albert Einstein
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13041 Dec 27, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
Albert Einstein called himself an agnostic, while disassociating himself from the label atheist, preferring, he said, "an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.
Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist.
Einstein - the religious red herring which Theists like to bring up, to avoid presenting evidence of god.

Atheism predates Einstein and is a conclusion based on facts - there's just no god..
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13042 Dec 27, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954.
Einstein definitely Atheist. Only reason he didn't say it was fearing persecution.

He said what he thought about Christianity very clearly in 1954:

"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws" (1954).[64]

Albert Einstein.

Salt Lake City, UT

#13044 Dec 27, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
fairiesdidit
.....ah...."Mikko".. .you're adorable...but, you give homosexuals too much credit ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Salt Lake City, UT

#13045 Dec 27, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch as Creationist troll LCN tries to revise Einstein's beliefs according to Creationism.
Of course this is what Einstein thought of Christianity, pay attention to the year:
Albert Einstein
...."Jimbo" ...You are being intellectually dishonest , bloke...

Albert , was obviously a Deist .....

He did not worship God ...but, neither did he reject the existence of a supreme being ..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Salt Lake City, UT

#13046 Dec 27, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein - the religious red herring which Theists like to bring up, to avoid presenting evidence of god.
Atheism predates Einstein and is a conclusion based on facts - there's just no god..
A) Every culture (since the dawn of man)....has had some sort of spiritual belief.
B) Our conscience.
C) The beauty of nature .
E) The abject hostility belief in God , always incites in the godless...

The fact is atheism is the outlier ; and of course atheist ideologies , need to build wall to keep their citizens in ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13047 Dec 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...."Jimbo" ...You are being intellectually dishonest , bloke...
He did not worship God ...but, neither did he reject the existence of a supreme being ..
You claim to believe in god, yet cannot present any evidence. Who's the intellectually dishonesy one again?
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13048 Dec 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
A) Every culture (since the dawn of man)....has had some sort of spiritual belief.
Every culture has has murder and disease - doesn't make what every culture has great.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
B) Our conscience.
People have a conscience. Religious liars don't and will lie hard trying to keep their fantasy going. Religious liars will even lie about Atheism to protect their fragile egocentric belief-world they have created for themselves.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
C) The beauty of nature .
Religious people are good at changing the subject away from no evidence of god. They talk about love, beauty and other evolved human concepts that have nothing to do with evidence of god.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
E) The abject hostility belief in God , always incites in the godless...
God's not real. Atheists are hostile because believers are judgemental liars, whose religious lies about god are based on no evidence at all.

If religious people really believed in god, they would punish themselves for lying about it.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is atheism is the outlier ; and of course atheist ideologies , need to build wall to keep their citizens in ...
Atheism is a simple disbelief in tired old religious liars and the lies they tell over and over again..

Religious people find disbelief offensive and can't turn off their mental illness. So sad.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13049 Dec 28, 2013
Religious people are patronising:

When a person is truly suffering, offering them an imaginary creature to talk to, is unkind & thoughtless.

When a person suffers, offering them religion is like offering them drugs to numb the pain, without getting to what the problem really is.

Religious people have already decided that the problem is 'lack of god' without ever hearing people out.

The religious mental illness must be stopped for the good of humankind.

I ask religious people to challenge themselves and provide religion-free help to those in need this holiday season.

Stop counting converts and start helping people.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13050 Dec 28, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...."Jimbo" ...You are being intellectually dishonest , bloke...
"About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church... As long as I can remember. I have resented mass indoctrination. I cannot prove to you there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws" (1954).[64] "

Albert Einstein

---

Einstein said people who talk about god are to be regarded as liars, which is what I have been saying all along.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13051 Dec 28, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
Einstein struggled with religious liars misquoting him all his life:

"I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.... It is always misleading to use anthropomorphical concepts in dealing with things outside the human sphere—childish analogies. We have to admire in humility and beautiful harmony of the structure of this world—as far as we can grasp it. And that is all."[24]

Albert Einstein

---

When humanity finds someone amazing, religion is quick to try to take ownership of it.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#13052 Dec 28, 2013
Here Einstein refers to religion has 'childish analogies'

Its very clear that Einstein was an atheist who was deeply critical of religion, especially Christianity.

He has already seen the effects of Christianity on Hitler during the war time and what damage it caused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 45 min NightSerf 1,031
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min Eagle 12 231,932
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr Morse 14,448
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 hr Gillette 5,946
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE