Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12979 Dec 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not created, you ignorant monkey.
The universe is an uncaused event.
Happens all the time in Quantum Physics.
I know, I know-- you abhor any and all science.
It shows.
...I don't buy it ...

Apples seeds make apples trees , ostrich eggs make ostriches ...

The Quantum verse is unpredictable , fluid and fluctuating ...Our cosmos is not , in fact it is so predictable that the ancient Mayans were able to predict the end of the world , you could calculate every phase of the Moon from here until the Israelis and Palestinians break out in a love fest ....We did not come from a Quantum event ..........your , moniker should read "Bob of Creation-Faith" ...as it is more plausible ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12980 Dec 22, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t agree with Hitchens either if he meant she was evil or whatever. However, he went to Calcutta and did his research. Whatever he has said about her was true. The patients never got the medical care that was needed, dirty needles were used, and Spartan living conditions. Just taking people off the streets and giving them food & shelter is good, but there were those who died unnecessarily. This was a woman who opposed abortion and contraception – not a good idea. BTW have you seen the documentry? People needing antibiotics were given ordinary pain killers. CH brought some very serious charges against MT and never got sued for it.
Yes. Teresa was an evil, selfish money-grubber. She made billions for her cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12981 Dec 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."Mahmood" ...You don't even try to hide your partiality ..You are the one who should feel shame ...It is the height of idiocy ; to purport the men and women who subscribe to the teaching of Jesus , would maliciously work together to harm our youth ...
I accept there are monsters hiding behind robes , even our Popes have admitted " There are indeed wolves in the Church " ..
"Rusty Tin Can" put it most succinctly , Mother Teresa "actually tackled " a horror found in Calcutta ...She never claimed to be building a hospital or promised mending and recovery
That is a flat lie. She solicited billions of monies to supposedly help the poor. The majority of those funds were sequestered in private bank accounts, and eventually funneled back to the coffers of Vatican.

In short?

She also committed fraud in addition to her many other evil acts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12982 Dec 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...And, herein lies the crux of the problem ..."you" already know everything ....( or so you keep telling us, ad nauseam )
No.

I just know more than **you**.

Obviously.

But that isn't much of a brag on **my** part, as you obviously know very, very little.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12983 Dec 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look , I'm not trying to be willfully obtuse ...I understand your position ...Godbots , believe in magic ; Freethinkers ...do not ...
but , that is incorrect ...
If God is "not" the center of your life ....something else is ..
Be it , your Cayman S , your wife's pussy , Manchester United or your pot plants ..
What occupies your thoughts , were do you spend your time and money ....THIS "IS" YOUR IDOL ....
Nope.

I do not have "something in the center of my life".

I'm better than that-- slavery is not becoming of a sentient being, you moron.

I'm so sorry that you are still a willing slave, though.

It's sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12984 Dec 22, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I don't buy it ...
Who cares what you don't buy?

You are the same moron who thinks "gawddidit" is an actual... "answer".

It's not.

Gawddidit creates more questions, and answers none.
number four wrote:
Apples seeds make apples trees , ostrich eggs make ostriches ...
Sub-atomic particles are not alive you idiotic moron.
number four wrote:
The Quantum verse is unpredictable , fluid and fluctuating
Not if you know what the rules are.

Clearly, you are 100% ignorant on the subject.
number four wrote:
...Our cosmos is not , in fact it is so predictable that the ancient Mayans were able to predict the end of the world
And yet? They were ... wrong.

How amusing that you'd pick that particular bit of idiocy.

You **are** a complete moron.

Good night, moron.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12985 Dec 23, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
I don’t agree with Hitchens either if he meant she was evil or whatever. However, he went to Calcutta and did his research. Whatever he has said about her was true
How long and what exactly had Hitchens done while he was in Calcutta? If by "being there" allows you to believe that whatever he said was true, I think there are many others living and working there the entire life that I would give more weight to.
Mahmood wrote:
The patients never got the medical care that was needed...Just taking people off the streets and giving them food&shelter is good, but there were those who died unnecessarily
I imagined being the one dying on a Calcutta street. To be in that condition I must have been helpless on the street for many days. Then I learned that Mother Teresa's shelter isn't exactly Mayo Clinic and it only provides so-so food&bedding... I wouldn't want to go there if only Mayo Clinic would send people to pick me up first. But then if Mother Teresa's people come first, would I be better off telling them "NO, I'll wait for Mayo Clinic"?

If Mayo Cllinic never offered help, should I condemn Mother Teresa for providing "insufficient" help?
Mahmood wrote:
This was a woman who opposed abortion and contraception – not a good idea
I don't see anything wrong with her stance against abortion (I only have to think as the fetus to decide on the issue) I am not against contraception, but why would I call a woman whose position I could disobey whenever I wish a woman of evil?
Mahmood wrote:
BTW have you seen the documentry?People needing antibiotics were given ordinary pain killers. CH brought some very serious charges against MT and never got sued for it
I have listened to some documentary I download from YouTube (not watched) as daily my bedtime story, but I don't know which one you're referring to (Hells Angel?)

I believe that things like this would happen in organizations such as this or any rescue organizations - you only need some journalist with motivation to dig and pick. And I have heard the same thing happening in the most modern of hospitals... but I haven't heard much about the head of any hospital being called evil for that.

One recent documentary - against over 50 years of work that nobody else wants to do. Don't blame me for being a little conservative and not to brush their efforts aside?

Does anyone really know how much money it would take to run her organization? Food, cottons, medicine, transportation, much more... for patients and workers, even if they buy the cheapest of the material, has any of her critics calculated the absolute minimum cost of operation? I don't think a few million would suffice in Calcutta for anything of that scope.

I do believe that Mother Teresa's organization does not provide the best of medical care, but I also believe that no organization providing medical care we the fortunate ones enjoy would be able to provide what Mother Teresa's organization has provided.

I believe the basis of the entire operation is love, I have no question about it. I also think that such burden can cause a breakdown or a person, even Mother Teresa can be no exception. As Teddy pointed out in "The Man In The Arena", it is more likely things would come with human failures, but in the end it is those in the Arena who gets the job done, not the critics. And because of the nature of the business, failures are to be expected from time to time... My stand is, fair and honest critics help to straighten things, but my perception of what is happening recently from people like the late Hichens is a motivated attempt aimed at destroying the religious organization. Would he really be helpful if he had achieved that goal? Who would replace the organization? Would the next religious organization be encouraged by knowing such "expectations" before even deciding to help, and be condemned for daring to help before securing unlimited source of funding?
Jim

London, UK

#12986 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
How long and what exactly had Hitchens done while he was in Calcutta? If by "being there" allows you to believe that whatever he said was true, I think there are many others living and working there the entire life that I would give more weight to.
<quoted text>
I imagined being the one dying on a Calcutta street. To be in that condition I must have been helpless on the street for many days. Then I learned that Mother Teresa's shelter isn't exactly Mayo Clinic and it only provides so-so food&bedding... I wouldn't want to go there if only Mayo Clinic would send people to pick me up first. But then if Mother Teresa's people come first, would I be better off telling them "NO, I'll wait for Mayo Clinic"?
If Mayo Cllinic never offered help, should I condemn Mother Teresa for providing "insufficient" help?
<quoted text>
I don't see anything wrong with her stance against abortion (I only have to think as the fetus to decide on the issue) I am not against contraception, but why would I call a woman whose position I could disobey whenever I wish a woman of evil?
<quoted text>
I have listened to some documentary I download from YouTube (not watched) as daily my bedtime story, but I don't know which one you're referring to (Hells Angel?)
I believe that things like this would happen in organizations such as this or any rescue organizations - you only need some journalist with motivation to dig and pick. And I have heard the same thing happening in the most modern of hospitals... but I haven't heard much about the head of any hospital being called evil for that.
One recent documentary - against over 50 years of work that nobody else wants to do. Don't blame me for being a little conservative and not to brush their efforts aside?
Does anyone really know how much money it would take to run her organization? Food, cottons, medicine, transportation, much more... for patients and workers, even if they buy the cheapest of the material, has any of her critics calculated the absolute minimum cost of operation? I don't think a few million would suffice in Calcutta for anything of that scope.
I do believe that Mother Teresa's organization does not provide the best of medical care, but I also believe that no organization providing medical care we the fortunate ones enjoy would be able to provide what Mother Teresa's organization has provided.
I believe the basis of the entire operation is love, I have no question about it. I also think that such burden can cause a breakdown or a person, even Mother Teresa can be no exception. As Teddy pointed out in "The Man In The Arena", it is more likely things would come with human failures, but in the end it is those in the Arena who gets the job done, not the critics. And because of the nature of the business, failures are to be expected from time to time... My stand is, fair and honest critics help to straighten things, but my perception of what is happening recently from people like the late Hichens is a motivated attempt aimed at destroying the religious organization. Would he really be helpful if he had achieved that goal? Who would replace the organization? Would the next religious organization be encouraged by knowing such "expectations" before even deciding to help, and be condemned for daring to help before securing unlimited source of funding?
The fact is that religious people simply cannot be trusted with opinions. Mostyle their opinions are ignorant, like your hatred of women and anti-abortion stance.

its better if religious people just move to their own society and let atheists live in peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12987 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
How long and what exactly had Hitchens done while he was in Calcutta?
Who cares?

There are many-many confirmation-sources for the atrocity that Teresa did, that Hitchens mentioned.

Face it: Teresa was a monster of the worst sort.

And you? You are equally guilty, for trying to defend her evil behaviors.

What else?

Your hideous hate-cult has been committing atrocities since it was fabricated by Constantine in 300ACE.

The atrocity has never ended, in all the time your ugly hatecult has existed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#12988 Dec 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."Mahmood" ...You don't even try to hide your partiality ..You are the one who should feel shame ...It is the height of idiocy ; to purport the men and women who subscribe to the teaching of Jesus , would maliciously work together to harm our youth ...
I accept there are monsters hiding behind robes , even our Popes have admitted " There are indeed wolves in the Church " ..
"Rusty Tin Can" put it most succinctly , Mother Teresa "actually tackled " a horror found in Calcutta ...She never claimed to be building a hospital or promised mending and recovery ..her mission was to give her fellow humans , a place to die away from the filth and vermin of the alleys and streets of Calcutta ..
You could give away every single dollar you earn to help the poor and hungry of your city , and you wouldn't even scratch the surface of that great need ..and , this is in Montreal or Ottawa ..
Mother Teresa went to Calcutta ...and , you heathens dare and besmirch her and her mission ...aren't you people even human anymore ..??
Hey listen, all I am saying is that people were not given the adequate medical care that was needed. She received millions and millions of dollars from some dubious characters, okay, not her fault, but she was also a political tool for the Vatican on issues of abortion and use of contraception. I am not besmirching her as a person because she was pious and humble but like most Catholics she was married to her imaginary boyfriend aka Jesus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12989 Dec 23, 2013
Jim wrote:
The fact is that religious people simply cannot be trusted with opinions. Mostyle their opinions are ignorant, like your hatred of women and anti-abortion stance.
its better if religious people just move to their own society and let atheists live in peace.
no, we love both women and babies... and thousands of nuns worldwide are praying for people like you, Sir Skeptic, so that you may get a chance to listen to angels playing harps in the future.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12990 Dec 23, 2013
Who cares?
There are many-many confirmation-sources for the atrocity that Teresa did, that Hitchens mentioned.
What else?
Your hideous hate-cult has been committing atrocities since it was fabricated by Constantine in 300ACE.
Hey, go on, Bob... don't stop...

I know I am less than perfect, but you're making me look like a saint in comparison.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#12991 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
no, we love both women and babies... and thousands of nuns worldwide are praying for people like you, Sir Skeptic, so that you may get a chance to listen to angels playing harps in the future.
........changed his name but not the level of hatred.

Happy Christmas to those with compassion in their hearts
LCNLin

United States

#12992 Dec 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Who cares?
What else?
Hitchens seemed to have issues.

Relax and have a good day without the hatred that will eat you from inside.
Peace

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12993 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie. It's what you do best (and all that you do).

As for your "praying"? Really?

That's the **best** your cult can do?

Wow... just.. wow.

As for "angels playing harps"? Pass.

I would not suffer your ugly and horrific godling such privilege.

Your godling is unworthy of the name.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12994 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, go on, Bob... don't stop...
I know I am less than perfect, but you're making me look like a saint in comparison.
Your lies just keep on coming, don't they?

And now?

Your massively bloated ego is beginning to show too.

Doesn't your bible warn about excessive pride? As you show above?

Typical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12995 Dec 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:

Happy Christmas to those with compassion in their hearts
but we say that to Bob and Skeptic as well, don't we?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12996 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
but we say that to Bob and Skeptic as well, don't we?
You are unacquainted with compassion, RTC.

You are.

Your hate overwhelms everything you do.

It's obvious from all your hate-speechifying.

And from your condescending BS as in the above quote.

Oh, and?

This'll raise your blood pressure:

"Happy Holidays"

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#12997 Dec 23, 2013
lol, your christmas light is blinking again, Bob... and where did I get all the nuts all the sudden?

(aren't you tired being hermit crab?)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#12998 Dec 23, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
its impossible to reason with idiots that can't accept scientific facts. They have chosen their imaginary way and so they can start their own society based on this bullsh*t.

Just keep your crap away from Atheists, and don't come crawling back when you need science to fix your broken society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr HTN640509-040147 81,486
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Dogen 32,891
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 6 hr Dogen 2,187
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
News Atheist Student Organization Faces Revolt From ... Oct 9 Opium for dummies 7
More from around the web