Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12947 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The Missionaries of Charity, the organisation founded by the late Mother Teresa to help the poor and dying,
If by "help" you mean being forced to lie on thin pallets, in large room stuffed with other dying and poor, with little light, no ventilation, etc.

Worse conditions than a modern chicken ranch, truly.

She was beyond evil.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12948 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The regular withholding of pain killers from the terminally ill is the torture I was referring to, but thanks for the added abuse info.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

It appears there was no limit to her atrocities.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12949 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it easier to torture them by leaving them on the streets rather than taking them in and feeding them?
FEED them? She did nothing of the sort for most!

At least on the streets? They had **access** to their **family**.

Once the were suckered into her warehouses of the dying? No visitation. By anyone apart from Teresa's "jackbooted thugs".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12950 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Pretending to care was a great way for the church to launder money.
<quoted text>
Yes.

Yes it was.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12951 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go live your whole life there for any amount of money?
No.

I do not believe in your ugly godling-- and no amount of cash will change that.

You cannot create faith where there is none-- not even with large piles of cash.

You **can** create belief with actual.... facts.

It's a pity for you, that you don't have any of those handy, now isn't it?

Facts about your godling, I mean.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12952 Dec 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world
Yes she did. It modern, 21st century hospitals too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12953 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing that one would notice a few instances of her getting "luxury" treatment or air-plane seats but not noticing her life-long not so luxury living and living among the poorest? Are you going to argue next why didn't all her patients get the same healthcare?
She **never** went without food, in contrast to those dying/poor he had warehoused.

Neither did she *ever* suffer for want of modern, 21st century medical care.

Again, in *direct* contrast to the millions she had dying in her "human slaughterhouses".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12954 Dec 20, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
they got a hard bed to die on and all the donated money went to the catholic church
Theresa was a awful human being
Exactly!

And the poorest of rations as "food".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12955 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Her church is sick.
Pretending JP2 is a saint because he cured just one person of Parkinson's but didn't share the cure with anyone else is absolutely disgusting and yet retarded, all at the same time.
<quoted text>
Well.

The stupid sheeple need to have a bone tossed their way now and again.

It's about the only thing keeping their dying faith alive.

As more and more of the world discovers the limitless knowledge found in the internets?

Fewer and fewer of them can sustain the unsustainable idea of faith.

Knowledge will always win in the end-- mainly because *reality* does not change to fit belief.

Just the opposite, in fact.
LCNLin

United States

#12956 Dec 20, 2013
Back to OCD over-posting again?

A militant atheist is one who is hostile towards religion.

They differ from moderate atheists because they have the desire to propagate atheism and also hold religion to be harmful.

Militant atheism was an integral part of
the French Revolution,
Soviet Union,
China's Cultural Revolution
and Pol Pot in Cambodia

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12957 Dec 20, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
I not saying Mother Theresa was bad or anything like that and neither is Hitchens.
maybe you didn't mean that when you said "she had a fetish for suffering", but Hitchens did use words to describe her that can only mean evil in some of his interviews that I watched. He also claims Mother Teresa caused deaths of millions people without discussing how many she had saved in comparison - that is not very nice or smart for Hitchens to say, and one that clearly shows his intent.
Mahmood wrote:
Hitchens wasn't her only critics, there were others as well. If you watch his documentary, he does not imply that she was evil, the question he was asking is what did she do with all the millions of dollars she received.
I'm sure you can find critics of anyone on earth, but I also question their motivation. I judge someone's morality by their intention, not necessarily by result or performance as defined by my own standards. I am not a catholic, and I do know enough about how certain catholic rules would cause them to do things differently than I would. I have a feeling that MT's way of doing thing was not keeping up with with modern approaches, I would tend to question a lot of things as well without personally having to deal with anything like what they are doing. I am 100% sure that the "efficiency" can be much improved had she adopted modern ways, but I am also 100% sure that she did more good than harm to the people there the way it was. The issue of handling of money by her organization - I don't know how much and why they're not using the money the way we like to have it used, but I don't see Mother Teresa buying anything for herself, it doesn't look like she is interested in her own need at all. If someone wants to do an all-out attack like Hitchens to Mother Teresa, there are many more qualified candidates out there, why her?

Concord, CA

#12958 Dec 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Whereas I'm not a huge fan of much of Hitchen's stuff?
why not, you should listen to him, he can help you fall asleep fast.

Martinez, CA

#12959 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
I am not a catholic, and I do know enough about how certain catholic rules would cause them to do things differently than I would.
oops... meant to say something a little more humble:

"I am not a catholic, and I do NOT know enough about how certain catholic rules would cause them to do things differently than I would."

I do NOT know...
I do NOT know...
I do NOT know...
I do NOT know....

100 Times

(what my primary scholl teacher would have me re-write when I make that mistake)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#12960 Dec 20, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Back to OCD over-posting again?
A militant atheist is one who is hostile towards religion.
They differ from moderate atheists because they have the desire to propagate atheism and also hold religion to be harmful.
Militant atheism was an integral part of
the French Revolution,
Soviet Union,
China's Cultural Revolution
and Pol Pot in Cambodia
lies lies and more lies from christard

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12961 Dec 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
why not, you should listen to him, he can help you fall asleep fast.
I have no need for either.

I sleep quite well-- it comes from having a clear conscious.

Something **you** cannot claim to possess, unfortunately.

What with all your ugly hate, an' all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12962 Dec 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
lies lies and more lies from christard
Indeed.

He is one hate-filled faithist.

Martinez, CA

#12966 Dec 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I sleep quite well-- it comes from having a clear conscious.
Something **you** cannot claim to possess, unfortunately.
LOL! I envy you.

The last time I slept with clear conscious, I cause my bunk-bed to collapse...
Kwej-Rha

Kansas City, MO

#12967 Dec 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
LOL! I envy you.
Did Mrs Clear Conscious survive the rough ride?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12968 Dec 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I envy you.
No doubt due to excessive over-eating on your part.

Sad.

Classic Genuine Christian™, though-- overweight.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#12969 Dec 21, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you didn't mean that when you said "she had a fetish for suffering", but Hitchens did use words to describe her that can only mean evil in some of his interviews that I watched. He also claims Mother Teresa caused deaths of millions people without discussing how many she had saved in comparison - that is not very nice or smart for Hitchens to say, and one that clearly shows his intent.
<quoted text>
I'm sure you can find critics of anyone on earth, but I also question their motivation. I judge someone's morality by their intention, not necessarily by result or performance as defined by my own standards. I am not a catholic, and I do know enough about how certain catholic rules would cause them to do things differently than I would. I have a feeling that MT's way of doing thing was not keeping up with with modern approaches, I would tend to question a lot of things as well without personally having to deal with anything like what they are doing. I am 100% sure that the "efficiency" can be much improved had she adopted modern ways, but I am also 100% sure that she did more good than harm to the people there the way it was. The issue of handling of money by her organization - I don't know how much and why they're not using the money the way we like to have it used, but I don't see Mother Teresa buying anything for herself, it doesn't look like she is interested in her own need at all. If someone wants to do an all-out attack like Hitchens to Mother Teresa, there are many more qualified candidates out there, why her?
I don’t agree with Hitchens either if he meant she was evil or whatever. However, he went to Calcutta and did his research. Whatever he has said about her was true. The patients never got the medical care that was needed, dirty needles were used, and Spartan living conditions. Just taking people off the streets and giving them food & shelter is good, but there were those who died unnecessarily. This was a woman who opposed abortion and contraception – not a good idea. BTW have you seen the documentry? People needing antibiotics were given ordinary pain killers. CH brought some very serious charges against MT and never got sued for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min polymath257 233,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 19 min Morse 2,634
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 23 min Morse 182
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 17 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 20 hr _Bad Company 214
More from around the web