Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12929 Dec 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The regular withholding of pain killers from the terminally ill is the torture I was referring to, but thanks for the added abuse info.
Wasn't it easier to torture them by leaving them on the streets rather than taking them in and feeding them?

Teddy have this to say to the man on a couch:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/02/28/manv...

The Man in The Arena

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#12930 Dec 19, 2013
Pretending to care was a great way for the church to launder money.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it easier to torture them by leaving them on the streets rather than taking them in and feeding them?
Teddy have this to say to the man on a couch:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/02/28/manv...
The Man in The Arena
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12931 Dec 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Pretending to care was a great way for the church to launder money.
Would you go live your whole life there for any amount of money?

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12932 Dec 19, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
The Man in The Arena
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
The Man in The Arena:

mother Teresa, Jim Elliot, Joseph Damien, David Livingstone, Hudson Taylor and more, all of whom left the comfort of their home to serve people on another planet...

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TNOFTIOER5...

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T437QQV3C9...

The man who wasn't there:

www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/10/h...

Really fed up with "some" atheists who only care about attacking and brush away things that they should be grateful for.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#12933 Dec 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Mother Teresa hurt so many. I've read the reports on the torture she inflicted.
<quoted text>
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#12934 Dec 19, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man in The Arena:
mother Teresa, Jim Elliot, Joseph Damien, David Livingstone, Hudson Taylor and more, all of whom left the comfort of their home to serve people on another planet...
www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TNOFTIOER5...
www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T437QQV3C9...
The man who wasn't there:
www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/10/h...
Really fed up with "some" atheists who only care about attacking and brush away things that they should be grateful for.
you believe in catholic propaganda

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12935 Dec 19, 2013
Mikko wrote:
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world
Isn't it amazing that one would notice a few instances of her getting "luxury" treatment or air-plane seats but not noticing her life-long not so luxury living and living among the poorest? Are you going to argue next why didn't all her patients get the same healthcare?

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

#12936 Dec 19, 2013
Mikko wrote:
you believe in catholic propaganda
What propaganda do you believe in?

Are you now claiming that stories of those people I listed never happened? Where did you get the information that those are Catholic propaganda.... or did you just create your own?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#12937 Dec 19, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
What propaganda do you believe in?
Are you now claiming that stories of those people I listed never happened? Where did you get the information that those are Catholic propaganda.... or did you just create your own?
i will never trust anything from the catholic church or from any catholic or from people who believe in catholic propaganda

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#12938 Dec 19, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing that one would notice a few instances of her getting "luxury" treatment or air-plane seats but not noticing her life-long not so luxury living and living among the poorest? Are you going to argue next why didn't all her patients get the same healthcare?
they got a hard bed to die on and all the donated money went to the catholic church

Theresa was a awful human being
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

#12939 Dec 19, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For Hitchens to attempt to equate mother Teresa with evil, he has to explain to us how her open-service for all these decades involving thousands of workers, reporters, those who helped and being helped had failed to produce criticism such as that from recent atheists like Hitchens. People are not stupid or heartless who works around her, it didn't have to wait until Hitchens come for her 'evil' to get exposed - she didn't control a military, no critics had to fear her so much not to report her decades ago.
Surely I too can pick things that Mother Teresa didn't do rightly, as I can do perhaps on anyone, but Hitchens attack was like "none of the good things you heard about Mother Teresa was true", and what surprised me is atheists are supporting statement like this, as if Hitchens was the only observer of her in mother Teresa's many decades of service. Surely there are things that mother Teresa may not have handled in the best of ways, but Hitchens attempt to equate her to the most evil of all people, as he did in some interviews, just showed what it was about - like many of his debates I listened to - all out attempt to speak against all religions.
This article responds to people like Hitchens:
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2013/0...
I not saying Mother Theresa was bad or anything like that and neither is Hitchens. Hitchens wasn't her only critics, there were others as well. If you watch his documentary, he does not imply that she was evil, the question he was asking is what did she do with all the millions of dollars she received.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#12940 Dec 19, 2013
I know people living well in Kolkata. I've visited the subcontinent several times. I don't understand your point.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go live your whole life there for any amount of money?
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#12941 Dec 19, 2013
Her church is sick.

Pretending JP2 is a saint because he cured just one person of Parkinson's but didn't share the cure with anyone else is absolutely disgusting and yet retarded, all at the same time.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12942 Dec 20, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So if God doesn't exist, what created the universe?
It was not created, you ignorant monkey.

The universe is an uncaused event.

Happens all the time in Quantum Physics.

I know, I know-- you abhor any and all science.

It shows.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12943 Dec 20, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..OKAY..!!...This debate has become superfluous ...
There's even new studies that claim "mitochdrial" and "y-chromosomal" ....may have been contemporary ...
No, there is no such a thing. You are **lying** or else you are so stupid, you believe creationist's lies like they were gold bricks.

You are a seriously ignorant monkey.
number four wrote:
But, that's not my point ...my point is ..YOU GUY'S "DON'T" KNOW .....nobody does ...!!
Your theory of "evolution" ....Is : the Earth wasn't created in 6 days ...THAT'S "ALL" YOU PEOPLE HAVE ...!!!
It's better to say "I do not know" than to **lie** or even worse, accept a grossly stupid fairy tale like gawddidit.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12944 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For Hitchens to attempt to equate mother Teresa with evil,
It was easy. All he needed to do?

Was **quote** her **own****words**.

And she **proved** exactly how horrid and evil she was.

Only someone in serious denial would try to say she was *not* extremely selfish, arrogant and cruel.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12945 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about theism or science, Sir Skeptic. I am not a catholic, but if Mother Teresa was an atheist I would defend her equally against such irresponsible accusation as that from Hitchens et.al.
Whereas I'm not a huge fan of much of Hitchen's stuff?

He nailed the evil monster that was Teresa quite well.

Collaborated by multiple, reliable sources too.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12946 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Mother Teresa hurt so many. I've read the reports on the torture she inflicted.
<quoted text>
Yep.

She raked in **millions** and banked nearly all of it. Then?

She would warehouse the ill until they died, denying them any and all access to *real* medical care.

She also denied them access to their **families** as they lay on a pallet in a room stuffed to the max with the dying.

By some accounts? The dead would often lay there quite a long time, before someone came around to remove the bodies...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12947 Dec 20, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The Missionaries of Charity, the organisation founded by the late Mother Teresa to help the poor and dying,
If by "help" you mean being forced to lie on thin pallets, in large room stuffed with other dying and poor, with little light, no ventilation, etc.

Worse conditions than a modern chicken ranch, truly.

She was beyond evil.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12948 Dec 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The regular withholding of pain killers from the terminally ill is the torture I was referring to, but thanks for the added abuse info.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

It appears there was no limit to her atrocities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Rosa_Winkel 234,533
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 14,510
Christianity Created Hitler 6 hr Uncle Sam 172
why? 7 hr Uncle Sam 13
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 18 hr thetruth 24
The Consequences of Atheism 18 hr ChristineM 68
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) Mon thetruth 1,233
More from around the web