Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments (Page 620)

Showing posts 12,381 - 12,400 of12,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..see ; you are wrong ....there is "no" proof of God ....Christianity , is the answer ...for those who choose faith ...
atheism is the answer ...for those, who choose money .
Atheism is disbelief in religious fraud.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For Hitchens to attempt to equate mother Teresa with evil, he has to explain to us how her open-service for all these decades involving thousands of workers, reporters, those who helped and being helped had failed to produce criticism such as that from recent atheists like Hitchens. People are not stupid or heartless who works around her, it didn't have to wait until Hitchens come for her 'evil' to get exposed - she didn't control a military, no critics had to fear her so much not to report her decades ago.
Surely I too can pick things that Mother Teresa didn't do rightly, as I can do perhaps on anyone, but Hitchens attack was like "none of the good things you heard about Mother Teresa was true", and what surprised me is atheists are supporting statement like this, as if Hitchens was the only observer of her in mother Teresa's many decades of service. Surely there are things that mother Teresa may not have handled in the best of ways, but Hitchens attempt to equate her to the most evil of all people, as he did in some interviews, just showed what it was about - like many of his debates I listened to - all out attempt to speak against all religions.
This article responds to people like Hitchens:
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2013/0...
As usual, all talk and no evidence from defeated theists who don't respect or understand science.
Jim

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

We're not sure why theists spam the forum. Maybe they know atheism is correct already?

Since: Apr 12

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
As usual, all talk and no evidence from defeated theists who don't respect or understand science.
We're not talking about theism or science, Sir Skeptic. I am not a catholic, but if Mother Teresa was an atheist I would defend her equally against such irresponsible accusation as that from Hitchens et.al.

Taken from the link:

After studying their report—twenty-seven pages in French—I sought out people who had known Mother Teresa, or been involved with her cause to inquire about its charges. Every single one of them told me that the Mother Teresa presented by the Canadian researchers was unrecognizable from the one they encountered, and to prove it, provided point by point rebuttals to their accusations.

Fr. Peter Gumpel, an official at the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, told me that far from overlooking criticism of Mother Teresa, the allegations were taken quite seriously, and answered:

There are mistakes made in even the most modern medical facilities, but whenever a correction was needed, Mother and the Missionaries showed themselves alert and open to constructive change and improvement. What many do not understand is the desperate conditions Mother Teresa constantly faced, and that her special charism was not to found or run hospitals—the Church has many who do that—but to rescue those who were given no chance of surviving, and otherwise would have died on the street.

But it is “absolutely false,” he stressed, to claim that she rejected or neglected available medical care for those still treatable, or good palliative care for the terminally ill.“Beware of anecdotal stories circulating from disgruntled people or those with an anti-Catholic agenda,” he warned.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Mother Teresa hurt so many. I've read the reports on the torture she inflicted.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about theism or science, Sir Skeptic. I am not a catholic, but if Mother Teresa was an atheist I would defend her equally against such irresponsible accusation as that from Hitchens et.al.
Taken from the link:
After studying their report—twenty-seven pages in French—I sought out people who had known Mother Teresa, or been involved with her cause to inquire about its charges. Every single one of them told me that the Mother Teresa presented by the Canadian researchers was unrecognizable from the one they encountered, and to prove it, provided point by point rebuttals to their accusations.
Fr. Peter Gumpel, an official at the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, told me that far from overlooking criticism of Mother Teresa, the allegations were taken quite seriously, and answered:
There are mistakes made in even the most modern medical facilities, but whenever a correction was needed, Mother and the Missionaries showed themselves alert and open to constructive change and improvement. What many do not understand is the desperate conditions Mother Teresa constantly faced, and that her special charism was not to found or run hospitals—the Church has many who do that—but to rescue those who were given no chance of surviving, and otherwise would have died on the street.
But it is “absolutely false,” he stressed, to claim that she rejected or neglected available medical care for those still treatable, or good palliative care for the terminally ill.“Beware of anecdotal stories circulating from disgruntled people or those with an anti-Catholic agenda,” he warned.

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
The Missionaries of Charity, the organisation founded by the late Mother Teresa to help the poor and dying, was facing grave embarrassment last night after the order and one of its nuns were accused of torturing a seven-year-old girl.

The nun who allegedly carried out the torture, Sister Francesco, has mysteriously vanished. The order's head, Sister Nirmala, was summoned on Friday by a court in Calcutta in connection with the allegation. She was given conditional bail in the sum of $110 (£79) and asked to return on October 2.

Although the order was accused before her death three years ago of unwisely accepting donations from dictators and crooks, this is the first time in 50 years an allegation of abuse has been made against it.

www.theguardian.com/world/2000/sep/20/raekhap...

Now think about this sentence:

"this is the first time in 50 years an allegation of abuse has been made against it"

1. It was done by one of her many workers (don't you expect the possibility of this?)

2. It shows there are people involved that would report abuses if it took place regularly

3. There were no allegation of abuse for 50 years

If you're sitting on your chair too comfortably, maybe you can go to Calcutta to start an organization of that size that won't involve human failure.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

The regular withholding of pain killers from the terminally ill is the torture I was referring to, but thanks for the added abuse info.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The Missionaries of Charity, the organisation founded by the late Mother Teresa to help the poor and dying, was facing grave embarrassment last night after the order and one of its nuns were accused of torturing a seven-year-old girl.
The nun who allegedly carried out the torture, Sister Francesco, has mysteriously vanished. The order's head, Sister Nirmala, was summoned on Friday by a court in Calcutta in connection with the allegation. She was given conditional bail in the sum of $110 (£79) and asked to return on October 2.
Although the order was accused before her death three years ago of unwisely accepting donations from dictators and crooks, this is the first time in 50 years an allegation of abuse has been made against it.
www.theguardian.com/world/2000/sep/20/raekhap...
Now think about this sentence:
"this is the first time in 50 years an allegation of abuse has been made against it"
1. It was done by one of her many workers (don't you expect the possibility of this?)
2. It shows there are people involved that would report abuses if it took place regularly
3. There were no allegation of abuse for 50 years
If you're sitting on your chair too comfortably, maybe you can go to Calcutta to start an organization of that size that won't involve human failure.

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
The regular withholding of pain killers from the terminally ill is the torture I was referring to, but thanks for the added abuse info.
Wasn't it easier to torture them by leaving them on the streets rather than taking them in and feeding them?

Teddy have this to say to the man on a couch:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/02/28/manv...

The Man in The Arena

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Pretending to care was a great way for the church to launder money.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it easier to torture them by leaving them on the streets rather than taking them in and feeding them?
Teddy have this to say to the man on a couch:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/02/28/manv...
The Man in The Arena
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Pretending to care was a great way for the church to launder money.
Would you go live your whole life there for any amount of money?

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
The Man in The Arena
The Man in The Arena:

mother Teresa, Jim Elliot, Joseph Damien, David Livingstone, Hudson Taylor and more, all of whom left the comfort of their home to serve people on another planet...

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TNOFTIOER5...

www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T437QQV3C9...

The man who wasn't there:

www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/10/h...

Really fed up with "some" atheists who only care about attacking and brush away things that they should be grateful for.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man in The Arena:
mother Teresa, Jim Elliot, Joseph Damien, David Livingstone, Hudson Taylor and more, all of whom left the comfort of their home to serve people on another planet...
www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TNOFTIOER5...
www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T437QQV3C9...
The man who wasn't there:
www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/10/h...
Really fed up with "some" atheists who only care about attacking and brush away things that they should be grateful for.
you believe in catholic propaganda

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
and she was greedy and when she fell ill she got the best and most expensive healthcare in the whole world
Isn't it amazing that one would notice a few instances of her getting "luxury" treatment or air-plane seats but not noticing her life-long not so luxury living and living among the poorest? Are you going to argue next why didn't all her patients get the same healthcare?

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
you believe in catholic propaganda
What propaganda do you believe in?

Are you now claiming that stories of those people I listed never happened? Where did you get the information that those are Catholic propaganda.... or did you just create your own?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
What propaganda do you believe in?
Are you now claiming that stories of those people I listed never happened? Where did you get the information that those are Catholic propaganda.... or did you just create your own?
i will never trust anything from the catholic church or from any catholic or from people who believe in catholic propaganda

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing that one would notice a few instances of her getting "luxury" treatment or air-plane seats but not noticing her life-long not so luxury living and living among the poorest? Are you going to argue next why didn't all her patients get the same healthcare?
they got a hard bed to die on and all the donated money went to the catholic church

Theresa was a awful human being
Mahmood

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
For Hitchens to attempt to equate mother Teresa with evil, he has to explain to us how her open-service for all these decades involving thousands of workers, reporters, those who helped and being helped had failed to produce criticism such as that from recent atheists like Hitchens. People are not stupid or heartless who works around her, it didn't have to wait until Hitchens come for her 'evil' to get exposed - she didn't control a military, no critics had to fear her so much not to report her decades ago.
Surely I too can pick things that Mother Teresa didn't do rightly, as I can do perhaps on anyone, but Hitchens attack was like "none of the good things you heard about Mother Teresa was true", and what surprised me is atheists are supporting statement like this, as if Hitchens was the only observer of her in mother Teresa's many decades of service. Surely there are things that mother Teresa may not have handled in the best of ways, but Hitchens attempt to equate her to the most evil of all people, as he did in some interviews, just showed what it was about - like many of his debates I listened to - all out attempt to speak against all religions.
This article responds to people like Hitchens:
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2013/0...
I not saying Mother Theresa was bad or anything like that and neither is Hitchens. Hitchens wasn't her only critics, there were others as well. If you watch his documentary, he does not imply that she was evil, the question he was asking is what did she do with all the millions of dollars she received.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

I know people living well in Kolkata. I've visited the subcontinent several times. I don't understand your point.
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go live your whole life there for any amount of money?
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Her church is sick.

Pretending JP2 is a saint because he cured just one person of Parkinson's but didn't share the cure with anyone else is absolutely disgusting and yet retarded, all at the same time.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,381 - 12,400 of12,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••