Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12674 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12783 Nov 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I don't really expect those sacred writers , to have had the same tools to map and explore the cosmos ...
I'd expect them to have got the **ball-shaped** earth-- instead of a flat plate (square or round-- they wrote as if it was both).
number four wrote:
I could ask you ( in 2013) does the Oort cloud exist ...?...What exactly is dark matter ...??
OORT cloud is what astronimers call a spherical region of a given solar system, that is out beyond most (or all, depending on the system in question) the planets. It contains mostly rocky and icy masses and debris. Sometimes, some of these masses make an orbit in close to the sun, and they become comets.

Dark matter is called that, because it's not visible, but the current models and observations seem to indicate it exists within the visible universe. What it is, exactly, is not currently known, but there's plenty of speculation.

Anyone who claims to know exactly, is lying.
number four wrote:
surely you must know , unless you are stupid ..
What I wrote, above was entirely from memory. I quite imagine **you** had to google for those terms, and you **still** likely did not understand what the google results were.

Do you know why it's called "oort"? If you use GOOGLE, you did not know...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12784 Nov 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A) I believe the pyramids were built using slave labor ..other, historians have suggested it was paid labor ........I don't buy it .
You would be wrong. The current, best scholarship says that they were highly skilled and paid. Archeologists have uncovered evidence that they were housed quite well, and not treated like slaves at **all**.

In fact? It appears there weren't that many slaves in the economy to begin with.

Another nail in the coffin of the old bible fairy-tale.
number four wrote:
B) Gilgamesh is believed to be a historical figure ..there is a great flood in his story ..
LMAO! But not one that covered the whole (flat-disc) world, like in Noah's fairy tale.

LMAO!
number four wrote:
C) Jesus never held political power , in 200 hundred years no one will be able to prove "you" existed ...
Jesus never existed as a **historical** person. There just isn't a single record that describes him during his alleged lifetime.

And what is there? Is a generation or three too late-- long after he would have died (had he even been real).

And I? I'm not a central figure in any religion, you moron.
number four wrote:
C1) The Devil needs men to reject Christ , I believe he had his machinations in this ..
LMAO!

You give all the **real** power to your favorite deity, your Satan.

Clearly he is the more powerful in your pantheon of gods.

LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12785 Nov 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yes , and actually recorded them ...for some God forsaken reason , Christian felt it was important to record the devastation armed combat produces , and the lives and property destroyed ...
You try naming a major conflict not recorded by "christian" Europe or recorded in the Holy Bible ...
Not recorded in the "holey" BuyBull?

That would be ...**all** of them, since about 300 ACE.

LMAO!

You **are** an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12786 Dec 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd expect them to have got the **ball-shaped** earth-- instead of a flat plate (square or round-- they wrote as if it was both).
<quoted text>
OORT cloud is what astronimers call a spherical region of a given solar system, that is out beyond most (or all, depending on the system in question) the planets. It contains mostly rocky and icy masses and debris. Sometimes, some of these masses make an orbit in close to the sun, and they become comets.
Dark matter is called that, because it's not visible, but the current models and observations seem to indicate it exists within the visible universe. What it is, exactly, is not currently known, but there's plenty of speculation.
Anyone who claims to know exactly, is lying.
<quoted text>
What I wrote, above was entirely from memory. I quite imagine **you** had to google for those terms, and you **still** likely did not understand what the google results were.
Do you know why it's called "oort"? If you use GOOGLE, you did not know...
..Oort , is some astronomer from Scandinavia or someplace where they have those weird names ...

1) My query wasn't what is the Oort ; but rather " is it real ?" ..Ans , We don't know , as we can't see it ..

2) It's fun not using google ...Dark matter/energy is nothing ..all cosmologists know , is that matter should be dispersing throughout the Universe ( and ,it is not ) from whence this gravity ...???

ODIN'S BALLS !...Does your stupidity ,have no bounds ..?!..a "ball shaped " Earth ...you sicken , Me ...EVERYBODY KNOWS THE EARTH "ISN'T" ROUND , YOU PECKERWOOD ...IT'S AN " OBLATE SPHEROID " ...(triple exclamation point)..

ha-ha ...I'm just kidding , A "ball shaped" Earth from someone writing from 4 or 5 millennia ...gravity is quite the complicated force ( and , still not wholly understood ) i.e. does it pull or does it push ..???.....only the shadow knows ..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12787 Dec 1, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You **are** an idiot.
Stop messing with my head ...I don't think '300 ACE ' is even an era ..?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12789 Dec 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sheesh, but you are trying to dodge your god's utter and complete failure to write sanitation laws into your ugly bible.
So much so? That during the middle ages? It was considered **biblical** to go years without any washing.
LOL! You really *are* ignorant of history.
<quoted text>
But not enough-- they still had about the same short lifespans of everyone else, and died from things we'd consider today, to be just a nuance.
...pfhhtt... It was not considered Biblical "not" to wash ...It was considered Christian not to bathe ..

the Jews followed the Old Testament , and they were all about ritual bathing ..

there were sanitation laws written into my ugly bible ...But , come on ..!!...You know, how nasty the Europeans are ...especially the French ..( have you ever smelled a Russian ?)...."Mikko" knows what I'm talking about ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12790 Dec 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You would be wrong. The current, best scholarship says that they were highly skilled and paid. Archeologists have uncovered evidence that they were housed quite well, and not treated like slaves at **all**.
In fact? It appears there weren't that many slaves in the economy to begin with.
Another nail in the coffin of the old bible fairy-tale.
<quoted text>
LMAO! But not one that covered the whole (flat-disc) world, like in Noah's fairy tale.
LMAO!
<quoted text>
Jesus never existed as a **historical** person. There just isn't a single record that describes him during his alleged lifetime.
And what is there? Is a generation or three too late-- long after he would have died (had he even been real).
And I? I'm not a central figure in any religion, you moron.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You give all the **real** power to your favorite deity, your Satan.
Clearly he is the more powerful in your pantheon of gods.
LMAO!
(a) I can't really argue against archeologists ..sure..(LMAO!).the construction of pyramids took great skill , but ,what about the work done in the quarries ..?? LMAO!

(b) A team ( LMAO!) of archeologist claim to have found Noah's ark in the mountains of Turkey ..( LMAO!)..But , because its location conflicts with the Qur'an , it is not a finding the Turk wish to exploit ..LMAO!

(c) LMAO !, actually there is only one secular account of Jesus , that we know about ..some Roman historian named "Tacitus" and a Jewish one named " Flavius Josephus " LMAO!
(c1) No , you are not the founder of any sort of spiritual movement ( LMAO!)..but , you exist ..in the coming centuries , will anybody be able to prove that you did ..? LMAO!

(d) Oh , come on ( LMAO!)..Even "you" say Jesus's name "more" than you would ever say Satan ...( every fender bender , every time you spill your coffee etc.)..LMAO !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12792 Dec 1, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope, it's been pushed by Dawkins. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
So...?...What's the deal ?....You're not going to stop your spamming , until someone makes a purchase ..???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12793 Dec 1, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>(a) I can't really argue against archeologists ..sure..(LMAO!).the construction of pyramids took great skill , but ,what about the work done in the quarries ..?? LMAO!
What about it?
number four wrote:
(b) A team ( LMAO!) of archeologist claim to have found Noah's ark in the mountains of Turkey ..( LMAO!)..But , because its location conflicts with the Qur'an , it is not a finding the Turk wish to exploit ..LMAO!
That site has long since been debunked as fraud. That's what you BuyBull sheep do: you lie.
number four wrote:
(c) LMAO !, actually there is only one secular account of Jesus , that we know about ..some Roman historian named "Tacitus" and a Jewish one named " Flavius Josephus " LMAO!
Nope. That was both fraud, and also written long after the "blessed" events supposedly took place-- a generation too late, in fact.

Does not count.

Where are the historians who wrote **during** the alleged life of Jewsus?

Hmmmm?

We have historians writing about *olive* oil sales from that time and place.

But nothing about a man who walked on water, raised the dead, fed huge crowds from nothing, and so on.

Not one word.
number four wrote:
(c1) No , you are not the founder of any sort of spiritual movement ( LMAO!)..but , you exist ..in the coming centuries , will anybody be able to prove that you did ..? LMAO!
Who cares?
number four wrote:
(d) Oh , come on ( LMAO!)..Even "you" say Jesus's name "more" than you would ever say Satan ...( every fender bender , every time you spill your coffee etc.)..LMAO !
Nope. I don't. I do not use either word as an expletive.

I use ... other ... words.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#12794 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You **are** an idiot.
Relax and come to terms with the cranky and defensive nature of your essays on what ever point they seem to wander?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12795 Dec 2, 2013
Lol! If I ever need nuts and spams I know exactly where to go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#12796 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
What about it?
<quoted text>
That site has long since been debunked as fraud. That's what you BuyBull sheep do: you lie.
(A) Egypt was one of the greatest nations on Earth , and you really believe , they didn't "use" slaves for the mining and quarrying of massive blocks of stones ...forgive my skepticism ..

(B) I'm assuming this is just a knee-jerk reaction ; but , I'll bite ...without going to google , Why ? Are you asserting the Noah ark find , has been debunked ..? LMAO!

oh , back to calling us sheep ..after claiming , we are destroying everything ...I don't know where you are, getting this ..Did you grow up on a farm ...are , sheep aggressive and vicious beasts ..??

or , are atheists comparable to pasture ..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12797 Dec 2, 2013
number four wrote:
(B) I'm assuming this is just a knee-jerk reaction ; but , I'll bite ...without going to google , Why ? Are you asserting the Noah ark find , has been debunked ..? LMAO!
Because I have read multiple accounts which debunk the Turkey "site".

The only idiots who are still clinging to the obviously fraudulent "site" are desperate and clueless liars for Jewsus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12798 Dec 3, 2013
aw.... you shouldn't have.... thats more nuts than what I asked for.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#12799 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
The only idiots who are still clinging to the obviously fraudulent "site" are desperate and clueless liars for Jewsus.
Did the Nazi's use the term Jewsus?

or was your only original invention in 82,000 epistles ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#12800 Dec 3, 2013
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
aw.... you shouldn't have.... thats more nuts than what I asked for.
the wheels seem to be coming off his wagon?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#12801 Dec 3, 2013
There are more than a few enterprising Turks in the tourist industry just waiting to take money from the gullible.
<quoted text>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12802 Dec 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There are more than a few enterprising Turks in the tourist industry just waiting to take money from the gullible.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

And when you factor in the gullibility of **all** the people who believe the BuyBull is real?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#12803 Dec 3, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I'm not "as" experienced , as I claim ...( I'm not really a senator or green beret or immortal were wolf ....or...on, a different web site ; a nubile 12 year old ..)
but, my friends at the bar ; warn me , hooker sex sucks , and not in the good way ...find , a woman ( or man ) that is willing to stand you , and is fun to kiss ..
how much of that one twenty , goes to her ..and, her pimp ..?...Did , you just fuck a slave and paid her owner ...that's not American ..
It all goes to her. I have been going to them for some years now, and trust me, there is no pimp.
Simon

Kansas City, MO

#12804 Dec 3, 2013
The atheist

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 12 min Science 642
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Thu Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web