Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12761 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Well, according to the Bible you are correct ..a clear and coherent message from the other-side , would do little to win more converts ..We already have the Moses and the prophets ...
Moses never existed, you ignorant buffoon.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12762 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
And , yet I've asked you what is considered the greatest of "all" commandments , and you refuse to answer , as it does not coincide with your personal hatred of God ..
There is no such a thing.

But you've never actually **asked** me that question.

Are you asking now?

Or is this more of your lame attempt to belittle me, personally?

LMAO!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12763 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Most people lived in bucolic settings , life was not short nor brutish ..
False. You **are** seriously ignorant. Life was **hard** for **everyone**.

Even the kings did not have it so nice-- they lived in mostly cold conditions, did not have real medicine, and often died of what today, we'd consider so minor we would not even stay home from work.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12765 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
I have a different view ; the Bible was not rejected , but rather the many superstitions ..
False.

Google the age of enlightenment, when civilizations DUMPED the evil bible as the "source of information" and turned instead to actual reality.

And the bible's power begin to fall.

And the world became a better place for most everyone.

Life expectancy went up.

Infant mortality went down.

Men began to realize that women were not **property**(against what the bible teaches)

The idea of slavery was seen as bad (against what the bible teaches)

Children were seen as people, not unpaid labor (against what the bible teaches)

Education, learning and knowledge was seen as a **good** thing (against what the bible teaches)

So, yeah-- people began to REJECT WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

And reject it WHOLESALE, they did.

And the world got BETTER for having done so.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12766 Nov 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses never existed, you ignorant buffoon.
Well , the ancient Israelites were pretty anal about their genealogies ...And , they assert that he existed ....so, yeah I'm just going to take their word for it ...

as , you have the habit of just spewing , whatever just pops into your pretty little head ..

Judged:

18

18

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12767 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Well , the ancient Israelites were pretty anal about their genealogies ...And , they assert that he existed ....so, yeah I'm just going to take their word for it ...
as , you have the habit of just spewing , whatever just pops into your pretty little head ..
LOL!

They *also* believed the earth was ... flat.

LMAO!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12768 Nov 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Google the age of enlightenment, when civilizations DUMPED the evil bible as the "source of information" and turned instead to actual reality.
And the bible's power begin to fall.
And the world became a better place for most everyone.
Life expectancy went up.
Infant mortality went down.
Men began to realize that women were not **property**(against what the bible teaches)
The idea of slavery was seen as bad (against what the bible teaches)
Children were seen as people, not unpaid labor (against what the bible teaches)
Education, learning and knowledge was seen as a **good** thing (against what the bible teaches)
So, yeah-- people began to REJECT WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.
And reject it WHOLESALE, they did.
And the world got BETTER for having done so.
phht ...I DID GOOGLE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT .....And , you are correct ...( I don't care .)

As , to whether the world became a better place ...uh, WW1 , WW2 ,global terrorism , rising sea levels , the Kardashians ....I just don't know ..??

the drama you produce , Coyote Gods' hairy balls ! you could write about a visit to a barber shop and make it interesting ..

The Bible merely recorded events as they occurred ..I don't read the 'Tulsa World' and then exclaim ...what , an evil periodical that is ...!

Judged:

16

16

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12769 Nov 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
They *also* believed the earth was ... flat.
LMAO!
I thought this had already been proven a as misconception of earlier societies ...

seafarer's could see ships disappear over the horizon ..

I'm pretty sure the Earth still cast a circular shadow on the Moon ..

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12770 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>phht ...I DID GOOGLE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT .....And , you are correct ...( I don't care .)
As , to whether the world became a better place ...uh, WW1 , WW2 ,global terrorism , rising sea levels , the Kardashians ....I just don't know ..??
the drama you produce , Coyote Gods' hairy balls ! you could write about a visit to a barber shop and make it interesting ..
The Bible merely recorded events as they occurred ..I don't read the 'Tulsa World' and then exclaim ...what , an evil periodical that is ...!
The problem with your hypothesis?

Is that apart from a few accidental notes? Nothing the bible claims to have happened-- actually happened.

There were no Hebrews in Egypt who up and left-- never happened.

There was no global flood-- never happened.

And just as unlikely? There never was a man named "Jesus" who did some magical parlor tricks in order to start a new religion.

It just didn't happen.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12771 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I thought this had already been proven a as misconception of earlier societies ...
seafarer's could see ships disappear over the horizon ..
I'm pretty sure the Earth still cast a circular shadow on the Moon ..
No.. the bible is full of descriptions of a flat earth.

Sometimes, they describe a square--with 4 corners held up by posts.

Other times the bible describes a disc or "circle", also flat.

The bible also describes the sky as a crystal dome, with holes-in, to let the rains through (naturally).

But you are correct-- many historical cultures did have it correct, that the earth was spherical.

Just none of the bible's authors....

... too bad for the bible's credibility.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12772 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I thought ...
Well...**there's** your problem.

LMAO!

Judged:

14

14

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12773 Nov 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wal-Mart flyers are heads and shoulders **superior** to your hideous BuyBull is, you ignorant idiot.
Seriously. At least the Wal-Mart flyer did not start any **war**.
In direct contrast to your ugly bible--which has been the cause of too many wars to count.
You are seriously a moron.
item ) Wars were fought even before Christianity or Judaism ..

item) Wal-Mart doesn't start wars ...?!..Have you ever been there ,on a black Friday ..?

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12774 Nov 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. You **are** seriously ignorant. Life was **hard** for **everyone**.
Even the kings did not have it so nice-- they lived in mostly cold conditions, did not have real medicine, and often died of what today, we'd consider so minor we would not even stay home from work.
Kings and Monarchs lived on a diet of mostly meat ...I'm surprised they even made to their sixties ..

actually Europe is a lot bigger than Scandinavia and the Alpine mountain range ...so , mostly cold ...meh .

if a minor medical condition , includes being beheaded or skewered with a sword ....I gotta say , you must be one bad ass hombre'

Judged:

16

16

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12775 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>item ) Wars were fought even before Christianity or Judaism ..
So? Your ugly religion caused even **more** wars than before.
number four wrote:
item) Wal-Mart doesn't start wars ...?!..Have you ever been there ,on a black Friday ..?
No.

Judged:

17

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12776 Nov 29, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Kings and Monarchs lived on a diet of mostly meat ...I'm surprised they even made to their sixties ..
actually Europe is a lot bigger than Scandinavia and the Alpine mountain range ...so , mostly cold ...meh .
if a minor medical condition , includes being beheaded or skewered with a sword ....I gotta say , you must be one bad ass hombre'
I'm sorry for your near-total ignorance of history.

Did you realize, that before antibiotics, anything more severe than a minor scratch, would often lead to death?

A cut we'd not think much of these days? You'd have a good chance of dying back then.

A cut that nowadays requires stitches? You'd most likely have died anyway, back before antibiotics.

A case of the flu? Now, we know what to do-- back then? People mostly died from it.

Cholera? Back then: often fatal. Now? We know what to do.

You would **think** your idiot god would have mentioned **sanitation** practices, especially with respect to running water... just as a **basic** idea.

But apparently, the authors of the bible were ignorant of that, too...

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12778 Nov 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for your near-total ignorance of history.
Did you realize, that before antibiotics, anything more severe than a minor scratch, would often lead to death?
A cut we'd not think much of these days? You'd have a good chance of dying back then.
A cut that nowadays requires stitches? You'd most likely have died anyway, back before antibiotics.
A case of the flu? Now, we know what to do-- back then? People mostly died from it.
Cholera? Back then: often fatal. Now? We know what to do.
You would **think** your idiot god would have mentioned **sanitation** practices, especially with respect to running water... just as a **basic** idea.
But apparently, the authors of the bible were ignorant of that, too...
You are incorrect ...If you don't expose the human child to pathogens it never develops a robust immune system...medicine , says those anti-bacterial wipes and cleansers , may be doing more harm than good , to children's allergic responses .

actually , the Jews were the most sanitary ...this is why , they were blamed for the bubonic plague ...they, were the only ones who were the least affected ...ergo , they were somehow behind it ...

Judged:

17

17

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12779 Nov 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No.. the bible is full of descriptions of a flat earth.
Sometimes, they describe a square--with 4 corners held up by posts.
Other times the bible describes a disc or "circle", also flat.
The bible also describes the sky as a crystal dome, with holes-in, to let the rains through (naturally).
But you are correct-- many historical cultures did have it correct, that the earth was spherical.
Just none of the bible's authors....
... too bad for the bible's credibility.
..I don't really expect those sacred writers , to have had the same tools to map and explore the cosmos ...

I could ask you ( in 2013) does the Oort cloud exist ...?...What exactly is dark matter ...??

surely you must know , unless you are stupid ..

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12780 Nov 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your hypothesis?
Is that apart from a few accidental notes? Nothing the bible claims to have happened-- actually happened.
There were no Hebrews in Egypt who up and left-- never happened.
There was no global flood-- never happened.
And just as unlikely? There never was a man named "Jesus" who did some magical parlor tricks in order to start a new religion.
It just didn't happen.
A) I believe the pyramids were built using slave labor ..other, historians have suggested it was paid labor ........I don't buy it .

B) Gilgamesh is believed to be a historical figure ..there is a great flood in his story ..

C) Jesus never held political power , in 200 hundred years no one will be able to prove "you" existed ...
C1) The Devil needs men to reject Christ , I believe he had his machinations in this ..

Judged:

17

17

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12781 Nov 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Your ugly religion caused even **more** wars than before.
<quoted text>
No.
..yes , and actually recorded them ...for some God forsaken reason , Christian felt it was important to record the devastation armed combat produces , and the lives and property destroyed ...

You try naming a major conflict not recorded by "christian" Europe or recorded in the Holy Bible ...

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12782 Nov 30, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You are incorrect ...If you don't expose the human child to pathogens it never develops a robust immune system...medicine , says those anti-bacterial wipes and cleansers , may be doing more harm than good , to children's allergic responses .
Sheesh, but you are trying to dodge your god's utter and complete failure to write sanitation laws into your ugly bible.

So much so? That during the middle ages? It was considered **biblical** to go years without any washing.

LOL! You really *are* ignorant of history.
number four wrote:
actually , the Jews were the most sanitary ...this is why , they were blamed for the bubonic plague ...they, were the only ones who were the least affected ...ergo , they were somehow behind it ...
But not enough-- they still had about the same short lifespans of everyone else, and died from things we'd consider today, to be just a nuance.

Judged:

21

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min Regolith Based Li... 67,289
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 28,677
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Dogen 3,537
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web