Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12665 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Siro

Sydney, Australia

#12714 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to creationist hearsay, creationist don't have the right to lie to society or threaten them with death if they don't convert to the faith based mental illness of no proof.
You mean you dont like competition....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#12715 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that god isn't real - so talking about it, is just sharing your mental illness with us.
What do you want us to do exactly? Drop everything and follow your mentally ill stories which you can't even prove?
The mental illness you suffer from is far broader than just your imaginary god - its affect your perception as well.
..Look , more of mankind believes than disbelieves , in some sort of Creator ...It's a choice we all have to make ..

and , Nations that adopt a atheistic political power , are just as bad as any adopting a Sharia political power ...they , can not exists without murdering millions and jailing thousands ..

What "I" want "you" to do exactly ...?...Let go of your anger , and accept your life has meaning ..

( also ... lend me twenty quid , I had a bad night at the tables.)

Las Vegas, NV

#12716 Nov 23, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> I make the decisions to act on that which(luck) might be advantageous to myself. I decide to take a step, or not to do so. If I were cascaded under a huge pile of money, it would still be my choice as to whether to actually take and use it. Getting old is not all luck, but rather genetics, proper health care, nutrition, planning and the avoidance of risky situations. Everybody dies, does that mean there is no luck for anyone?
..I found nothing wrong with this post ...

My complain was with your early statement " We make are own luck "
..this is clearly mistaken , pipes bursts , tires pop and bees will sting ...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#12718 Nov 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I found nothing wrong with this post ...
My complain was with your early statement " We make are own luck "
..this is clearly mistaken , pipes bursts , tires pop and bees will sting ...
Do you fail to maintain and protect the pipes? Do you consider manufacturing defects in tires, odd wear, and neglect, to be luck too? Don't bother the bee's. You make your own luck.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12720 Nov 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..What is required here , is some of that much vaunted atheistic discernment ...
Any , historical figure you can read about, has several different historical accounts to pick from ...Authors have certain view points ,and usually a target audience ..
LOL!

Sure, sure, bub-- that's fine for purely historical figures like Alexander the Great, or Abraham Lincoln.

But your Jewsus is supposedly a frikkin'**GOD**.

As such? I expect superior reporting-- for does it not behoove a **god** to **make**certain** his "divine wisdom" is carefully preserved for all time?

No?

So much for your Jewsus' divinity-- he was just another failed preacher, then.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12721 Nov 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Nope , you are misinformed ...** or lying **...Medieval Europe was a " feudal society , not a theocracy ; as you suggest ."
LMAO! Boy are **you** an ignorant moron-- seriously, you **are**.

Have you never heard of "divine right of kings"?

Even worse? Your own stupid BuyBull **specifically** states that **all** kings-- without exception-- are there because BuyBull God **wills** them to be king.

LOL!

So no-- they most certainly **were** a theocracy-- when your ugly religion was the law of the land.

And life was short, brutish and nasty--

-- the **real** fruits of Genuine Christianity™.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12722 Nov 23, 2013
number four wrote:
God created "all" matter ; it is literally impossible for science to be atheistic ..
Including those parasitic worms-- which typically infest the eyeballs of young human children, in poor countries without sanitation.

Your god is **hideous** for allowing such an evil thing to exist.

Hideous.

Or else?

Not real.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12723 Nov 23, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look , more of mankind believes than disbelieves , in some sort of Creator ...It's a choice we all have to make ..
So what?

Reality has the interesting property, that it simply does not care if you believe in it or not.

For example, gravity: from the most staunch True Believer™ to the most hardened atheist-- all will die with equal certainty, if they fall from a great height onto concrete or rocks.

What a person believes or not, has no effect if **gravity** applies to them.

Another example: the most athletic swimmer has no better a chance than the oldest, long-term smoker, at trying to breathe a vacuum-- both will die with approximately the same amount of exposure.

Neither gravity nor the vacuum of space, gives a crap **what** you believe in or not.

Your argument is utterly without merit.

Las Vegas, NV

#12725 Nov 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Sure, sure, bub-- that's fine for purely historical figures like Alexander the Great, or Abraham Lincoln.
But your Jewsus is supposedly a frikkin'**GOD**.
As such? I expect superior reporting-- for does it not behoove a **god** to **make**certain** his "divine wisdom" is carefully preserved for all time?
No?
So much for your Jewsus' divinity-- he was just another failed preacher, then.
..You're burying your head in the sand ; the Bible is the most printed book , in the entire Universe ..

And, half of all Christendom ( much to my chagrin ) take every verse literally ..So, I see no reason to bemoan the reporting ..

Las Vegas, NV

#12726 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
So what?
Reality has the interesting property, that it simply does not care if you believe in it or not.
For example, gravity: from the most staunch True Believer™ to the most hardened atheist-- all will die with equal certainty, if they fall from a great height onto concrete or rocks.
What a person believes or not, has no effect if **gravity** applies to them.
Another example: the most athletic swimmer has no better a chance than the oldest, long-term smoker, at trying to breathe a vacuum-- both will die with approximately the same amount of exposure.
Neither gravity nor the vacuum of space, gives a crap **what** you believe in or not.
Your argument is utterly without merit.
and , to follow this argument to its conclusion ; Hell does not care if you believe in it, or not ..

You can not wish away reality ..

Las Vegas, NV

#12727 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Including those parasitic worms-- which typically infest the eyeballs of young human children, in poor countries without sanitation.
Your god is **hideous** for allowing such an evil thing to exist.
Hideous.
Or else?
Not real.
You fail in reasoning ; why are these children poor and living in squalor ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#12728 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
LMAO! Boy are **you** an ignorant moron-- seriously, you **are**.
Have you never heard of "divine right of kings"?
Even worse? Your own stupid BuyBull **specifically** states that **all** kings-- without exception-- are there because BuyBull God **wills** them to be king.
LOL!
So no-- they most certainly **were** a theocracy-- when your ugly religion was the law of the land.
And life was short, brutish and nasty--
-- the **real** fruits of Genuine Christianity™.
..See , your anger clouds your judgment ..Medieval Europe wasn't horrid or brutal , we merely judge it so , to make ourselves feel better , and exclaim see how far and advanced we have become !..bollocks..

Infant mortality was very high , and this skews the life expectancy of those ages ..

No, not a theocracy , so long as the Kings and Lords professed (in word only) to be christian ...the Pope , was content .

Las Vegas, NV

#12729 Nov 24, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Do you fail to maintain and protect the pipes? Do you consider manufacturing defects in tires, odd wear, and neglect, to be luck too? Don't bother the bee's. You make your own luck.
...okay...fine , You make a good point , but life always has a way, of throwing us curve balls ..

( the ones used in baseball , not the ones you are thinking about ...sheesh...Woman ! get your mind out of the gutter ..)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12730 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You're burying your head in the sand ; the Bible is the most printed book , in the entire Universe ..
Actually? That is a flat lie. The weekly WalMart flyer has out-printed your hideous book for quite some time, now.

Moreover? Repeating a falsehood a 1000 times? Does not magically transform the lie into "not-a-lie".

It's still a lie-- 1000 times over.
number four wrote:
And, half of all Christendom ( much to my chagrin ) take every verse literally ..So, I see no reason to bemoan the reporting ..
See? Repeating the lie doesn't make it not-a-lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12731 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , to follow this argument to its conclusion ; Hell does not care if you believe in it, or not ..
You can not wish away reality ..
However-- you have no proof of this infinite torture-pit of yours.

Apart from your own fevered, drug-induced fantasies, of course.

So your "hell" is an empty threat.

Much like those idiots claiming the end of the world last fall.

Empty.

Threats.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12732 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You fail in reasoning ; why are these children poor and living in squalor ..??
Because your god either **wants** them to suffer?

Or else your god doesn't give a damn?

Or else?

Your god-- for whatever reason-- is incapable of helping.

WHICH IS IT?

These are the only possibilities.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12733 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..See , your anger clouds your judgment
LMAO! I'm not angry, you ignorant buffoon!

LMAO!

I am **laughing** at you in your depravity, here.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12734 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
.Medieval Europe wasn't horrid or brutal
Silly idiot.... your grasp of history is even more feeble than your grasp of reality.

People lived is squalor for the most part-- life was short, brutish and nasty.

All because the **law** of the land was your ugly BuyBull.

Which was used to **suppress** any and all better ideas.

Do you know why they call it the age of enlightenment, when humanity rose up out of the dark ages?

It was because of a REJECTION of the bible as supreme authority!

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12735 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...okay...fine , You make a good point , but life always has a way, of throwing us curve balls ..
( the ones used in baseball , not the ones you are thinking about ...sheesh...Woman ! get your mind out of the gutter ..)
Life is reality, and doesn't give a damn if you believe in a sky-fairy or not.

And so far?

Your belief in a sky fairy hasn't help your alcoholism any, has it?

No, it has not-- fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#12736 Nov 24, 2013
number four wrote:
No, not a theocracy , so long as the Kings and Lords professed (in word only) to be christian ...the Pope , was content .
In word only is the **ONLY** way **POSSIBLE** you silly idiot!

Seriously.

Since your god has demonstrated 100% ineptitude when it comes to making things happen on earth?

(remember the parasitic eye-worms?)

Then, there is no magical over-sight controlling those unruly kings, IS THERE?

No-- there is not. It's all people, all the way down.

But.

Your hideous and evil BIBLE? It has **helped** to maintain the evil.

Buy soothing the desires of the stupid, the gullible and those morons too ignorant to recognize the bible is just a silly old book.

There is nothing **magic** about the bible-- it's just a book, written by horrid and evil old **men**.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 min Uncle Sam 11,303
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 35 min Eagle 12 9,585
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr ChristineM 50,929
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 254,893
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr READMORE 29,424
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 3 hr nanoanomaly 40
News Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 5 hr nanoanomaly 3,153
More from around the web